So this guy tried to fuck with me on my 1099s

TreSixO

was this the right thing  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

so I did this freelance video for a client that was a pain in the ass that was shown to millions at the natikonal assosciation of broadcasters convention http://www.nab.org/ and he was a total douche, I got this letter last week

"

I've repeatedly tried to reach about this. I need your ss# for your 1099. I have to turn it in now. If I don't hear from you today or tomorrow morning I'll have to turn it into the IRS as unobtainble by you. Then it's out of my hands, the IRS will then follow up with you.

Please send it today.

Thanks.

"

ive been sick

heres what i said, sound like a good or bad idea

I have been nearly hospitalized with pnumonia since I last talked to you,

That being out of the way, where do you get off threatening me like that? First off everyone else I have done freelance work for HAS SENT ME MY 1099s in the past week, why are you any exception? I dont understand what this demand is for urgency, because not one of my other clients has had a problem, but your aggressive behavior makes me suspicious of how you might be claiming my services now. I have no idea why you repeatedly think it is acceptable to operate in such an unprofessional and threatening manner to me, but the deadlines are far from over.

I am already filing a 1099 for several other clients, and I plan on declaring the wages paid by your company in full, so whatever you tell the IRS results in petty harassment on your part. I trust you do not want to do this, because I assure you IT WILL RESULT IN LITIGATION ON MY PART for harassment and slander.

You seem to think am some punk kid and have always treated me as such, yet I did very demanding and professional work for your company that was presented to millions of people with ZERO credit given to me at cut rate pay. On your end you gave me obscure deadlines, repeated and sudden changes in direction resulting in me having to un do complex editing procedures you originally directed me to do, not to mention YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT FAILURE. You lied to me about future references in order to get me to make free changes to cuts you had assured me were final MORE THAN ONCE Now you lose my information and threaten to report me?!? For what? I dont need your form, I just need

your federal ID number, your companies address.

please send them to me now. Anything else you might have to say is going to my lawyer at this point.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i think that your response is pretty firm. it needs some editing though. there are a couple grammatical errors, but only a couple and they are minimal.

i also think you should attach the photos of your broken bed, and girlie ass up! then write, "if you continue to threaten me, i will do this to you."

do what? give their girlfriends cheeto feet?

• Like 1

I think you should have been discussing the 1099 situation earlier on in the transaction.

You have now turned a paying client into someone that will never use you again for future projects or recommend you to any other potential clients.

When you're a freelancer your name is worth a lot when it comes to networking.

I think you should have been discussing the 1099 situation earlier on in the transaction.

You have now turned a paying client into someone that will never use you again for future projects or recommend you to any other potential clients.

When you're a freelancer your name is worth a lot when it comes to networking.

The other thing about being a freelancer is that you can dictate who you work for. I would NEVER take a job from these braying morons ever again, so I dont mind burning any bridges. Furthermore they work in the country music circles and coordinate based satellite TV, I work with urban/electronic/rock/indy film types on a more than local level. These guys really cant damage my reputation, and I dont ever want to talk to them.

Also I mentioned they lied about referring me to clients. They said they were going to refer me and they were considering me for permanent hire, but it was always followed by "hey can you do this for frree"

its been 9 months, no calls, no referrals, no nothing, so im sure i didnyt lose a client, especially since i wont fuck with them

I feel you on this, but these guys have acted super unprofessional and dont really have any connections

heres the response

James this is certainly a testiment of how emails are so 'Gray' and leaves too much room for misinterpretation.

I was just trying to get your information so I could get you your 1099 to you. On my end, by law, I had to have them sent out to you and to the IRS by 1/31/08. My IRS mention was not a threat, it was simply letting you know that if I could not get your info, I still had to turn my records into the IRS and then they would be responsible for getting in touch with you. And , as nobody wants to deal with them, I simply was trying to avoid that for you.

Remember, you avoided me. After many, many calls and emails to you, once I did get you on the phone, you avoided giving me the info then and stated you would email it immediately....ofcourse you didn't. Then again, you avoided my calls and emails.

As for professionalism. Wow, coming from a guy that was working out of a rat infested dump, you should look in the mirror. The project would have gone much smoother if you had a location that was presentable for my to bring my client to so we could have made 'fixes' then and there. But, there's noway I would have brought my client there. It would have killed my relationship with them. But, I did come...in an effort to see what you really could do. Your technical ability is there...however your professionalism certainly is not.

Now, let's not continue this pissing match. It's not professional for either of us. If you send me your ss# and mailing address today, I may be able to have my accountant send the info into the IRS asap in time to not alert them.

It's in your hands!

As for professionalism. Wow, coming from a guy that was working out of a rat infested dump, you should look in the mirror. The project would have gone much smoother if you had a location that was presentable for my to bring my client to so we could have made 'fixes' then and there. But, there's noway I would have brought my client there.

It's in your hands!

Is your office the same room you posted in that one thread with cheeto feet? If so, I don't blame the guy...

Is your office the same room you posted in that one thread with cheeto feet? If so, I don't blame the guy...

naw naw son this was my old crib. It was a basement apartment that was all one big room, but it was in a pretty nice neighborhood... definitely not rat infested by any means. - I was lliving below a family of 4 upstairs so things were pretty clean what with having a staY at hom mother there...

It just didnt have a propper "presentation room" - thats a lounge type area where professional film housess preview their work

Im just a freelancer, I dont even claim to have a full home office , i just have skill and a computer, I havnt written him back but after his pretty direct insults i think im going to ask what im required to do legally. I already asked him for his employer ID and company adress, which is the only thing other than my wages on a 1099...

Im pretty fucking sure since I have to file a 1099 as an ind contract0or that I just have to accurately declare my earned wages in total and pay the percentage on them. He isnt required to know my SSN, but as an employer he is REQUIRED to tell me his tax id and listed adress so I can tell the IRS exactly who paid me. He didnt do that when i asaked him to

so I did this freelance video for a client that was a pain in the ass that was shown to millions at the natikonal assosciation of broadcasters convention http://www.nab.org/ and he was a total douche, I got this letter last week

"

I've repeatedly tried to reach about this. I need your ss# for your 1099. I have to turn it in now. If I don't hear from you today or tomorrow morning I'll have to turn it into the IRS as unobtainble by you. Then it's out of my hands, the IRS will then follow up with you.

Please send it today.

Thanks.

"

ive been sick

heres what i said, sound like a good or bad idea

I have been nearly hospitalized with pnumonia since I last talked to you,

That being out of the way, where do you get off threatening me like that? First off everyone else I have done freelance work for HAS SENT ME MY 1099s in the past week, why are you any exception? I dont understand what this demand is for urgency, because not one of my other clients has had a problem, but your aggressive behavior makes me suspicious of how you might be claiming my services now. I have no idea why you repeatedly think it is acceptable to operate in such an unprofessional and threatening manner to me, but the deadlines are far from over.

I am already filing a 1099 for several other clients, and I plan on declaring the wages paid by your company in full, so whatever you tell the IRS results in petty harassment on your part. I trust you do not want to do this, because I assure you IT WILL RESULT IN LITIGATION ON MY PART for harassment and slander.

You seem to think am some punk kid and have always treated me as such, yet I did very demanding and professional work for your company that was presented to millions of people with ZERO credit given to me at cut rate pay. On your end you gave me obscure deadlines, repeated and sudden changes in direction resulting in me having to un do complex editing procedures you originally directed me to do, not to mention YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT FAILURE. You lied to me about future references in order to get me to make free changes to cuts you had assured me were final MORE THAN ONCE Now you lose my information and threaten to report me?!? For what? I dont need your form, I just need

your federal ID number, your companies address.

please send them to me now. Anything else you might have to say is going to my lawyer at this point.

do you have everyone sign a contract?