pity party for one?

THANKYOU

i hope that some of you older heads on the board chime in...

so, im 26 years old, ive come to a point in my life where i pretty much hate my fucking job to death, never finished up college because i didnt really know what i wanted to do, still dont...

however, i do know that im tired of not doing something i love. I'm also tired about not doing anything about it. which is somewhat due to the fact that i know if i just up and left my job, thats a big risk to take when you have bills, and some debt etc...

but i just dont want to be one of those people that get old, work a job they hate their whole life, and then regret not ever doing anything about it....

so have any of you jumped ship from your current job to make a whole other career change? how'd it pan out? did you wind up regretting it? etc etc...?

any other advice?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's pretty much everyone's life, and most people

can't make a decent living doing what they love.

life as an adult is paying bills, working, and obtaining debt.

if you don't have kids, i'd suggest quitting your job and

trying what you do enjoy.

you have the ability to move and travel and pretty much

try anything still.

I don't work a regular job because it's not something I can get behind.

I never cared enough about making money for it to be a deciding factor in what I do with my time.

I take care of my family and stay poor.

I would rather spend my life helping raise my niece and being steady broke versus spend my life working some bullshit job and never having time to do the things that make me the happiest.

Quit your job.

if you don't have a backup plan and a definite possibility of another job lined up, then quitting is NOT a good idea.

aren't you into buying big tvs and all that flashy shit?

not to be a bitch, but i'm sure you know that you can't do that unemployed..

suck it up, start looking for other opportunities, get some interviews down, then quit.

Trust me. I've quit some jobs and then said to myself "FUCK!! Dumb bitch."

that's pretty much everyone's life, and most people

can't make a decent living doing what they love.

life as an adult is paying bills, working, and obtaining debt.

if you don't have kids, i'd suggest quitting your job and

trying what you do enjoy.

you have the ability to move and travel and pretty much

try anything still.

^Listen to this woman.

ask other people who work in a field you interested in how they like their job. i wouldn't just quit my job without having something else in line. i guess you could take a few vacation days to go around and check out other jobs. usually some time off can help you clear your head and do a lil soul searching. good luck

I've quit or got fired from a lot of jobs that I wasn't feeling

& before I knew it, my qualifications were focused on the exact same kind of work

so basically, it can be an endless cycle of being discouraged about your time / life

My suggestion is to try & find something different for now

change seems to distract from the uneasiness

Chances are, the grass will always be greener

T;6069679']Depends you still living with Moms right?

nope, not for the last like 3 years.

ive been doing fine, handling my bills, apt, etc...

but i wish i could move back in with moms, get outta debt, sell my expensive ass car, and just start all over.

im about ready to have my car repo'd, quit my job, go bankrupt, and just start the fuck over.

tired of being stressed out and in a job i hate.

I quit working a steady job for a few years and lived purely off of freelance art. It was tough but refreshing.

Sadly enough, I am back in the work force part-time while still devoting a majority of my time to gallery shows and public art projects.

I'm in your boat too...never even started college here.

Here's the cliche part. ...ready?

Follow your heart. NH

I see too many people every day (including my girl) who are stuck where they're at FOREVER.

Do what you have to do to get out of that rut...school, find art connects, etc.

You're still young enough.

Don't be saying this same sad story again, except starting with:

"Well, I'm 40 now and not much has changed..."

Im the living example of settling for a field of work that you have no real interest in other than money. But its what you make of the line of business your in and have goals to do what you like after you have reached financial stability. You have to take what you do serious and plan to retire fast if your in sales the sky is the limit. If your a paycheck guy then it might be a bit harder. I made my last transition at 27 and never looked back. My plans are to retire by the time im 35 which means i got 3 years this market really fucked those plans up so it might be delayed a couple of years.

By retired i mean not having to work for your money having your money work for you and managing it to make a decent living. This is when i will be able to tackle my passions again and probably start another business out of those passions.

A wise business man told me once, there are many directions and choices just pick one and dont look back, it might be the right one it might not be but the idea is to always go forward.

I think that was it long time ago.

You must have legal walls out the ass.

Nah. Been to busy, but i have plans to start to venture into securing gallery sites from commercial owners that want to showcase there property for lease and will allow a show in order to do so. Graffiti dont do well for Owners trying to lease there buildings. But i do have the ability to find the owners of any address and attempt to contact them for legals, but to busy and where i live city fucks with legal wall owners.