Calvin and Hobbes appreciation thread.

DETO

Calvin_and_Hobbes_comics_cartoons_f.jpg

by far my favorite comic of all time. since i was a kid, i've always loved bookstores. every time we would go out of town, we would stop in walden books and i would pick up a different Calvin and Hobbes book. By the time we got home (one or two hours later) the book would just about be done. i have great memories of reading Calvin and Hobbes. In fact, since i have another snowday tomorrow, i just may break out an old book or two. anyway, appreciate.

I always wished Bill Waterson would have annimated Calvin and Hobbes.

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Fuck yes..

I got the complete hardcover collection for christmas 3 years ago from my ex-girlfriend's mom...to date, it remains the second best holiday gift I've ever received, right behind my Sin City hardcover set. I nearly married into the family, based on that fucking gift alone.

Matter of fact, i think i'll read one now..

they never get old.

loved it as a little kid and still do to this day. my dad gave me one of the real thick books when i was real young and i read through it numerous times and picked up a few of my own along the way. im sure i still have them somewhere, i should do some searching.

one thats coming to mind is when calvin put crisco in his hair for the school pictures and was making faces for the photographer.

what was the bully's name that he would always have witty comebacks to? i cant remember for anything right now, i kinda want to say moe but im not sure.

yeah the bullys name was moe i think.

aw man, calvin and hobbes is the fucking tits. so good. illustrations completely on point. especially all the big sunday panels where calvin daydreams about being a dinosaur or flying around blowing the shit out of his school in a f-14... or the one where he is a dinosaur flying an f-14, haha.

i got every book i could get my hands on, "...snow goons" and "homicidal psycho jungle cat" are two of my faves... oh and "Yukon Ho"... shit, i can't hate on any of them, i love them all.

i really wish watterson made more, but i'd rather he quit whilst he was ahead than run the characters into the ground.

fuck, i'm gonna rock some "Something Under The Bed Is Drooling" seeing as the rest of my books are back home. just gotta get me some hot chocoalte and i'm set ! fuck yeah.

Calvin and hobbes was more than a comic book, it was my childhood template. I modeled my life after trying to copy his antics and witty retorts. He got me into drawing cartoons in third grade too... one of many things i never stopped doing thanks to calvin and hobbes.

the window sticker of calvin pissing tho... the fuck's up with those?