fat people no longer allowed to eat in public?

lord_casek

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Fuck yeah.. now I will finally be able to eat in peace without having to look at fat people shoveling plate after plate of food down their obese maws...

This is only the first step to outlawing them in public I hope...

"Yo man watchoo need?"

"yo man i needs a cheeseburger"

"yo mah brother I'll double that cheeseburger for a fiddy and for another five I'm gonna give you a slice of bacon on that shit"

"$55.00??? oh c'mon man I'll a little short"

"and fat too you cluckhead motherfucker...... go on beat it"

haha.

i would love to see this pass.

i hate the fats.

if it does pass, just wait. wait until the govt starts weighing you and telling you what you can and can't eat. it's just one of many steps in order to take away any and all of your rights.

as i see it, obesity is a problem, but it's sometimes the individuals eating "disorder" and sometimes it's medical. as in, they can't help it.

seriously, I'm still saving for my house overseas, casek, you mark my words. When I get it, inshaAllah, I'm going to make a thread about it so you can be my witness that I've been talking about jumping ship way before the ship went down. We're springing leaks now, but I'm not letting my family drown.

seriously, I'm still saving for my house overseas, casek, you mark my words. When I get it, inshaAllah, I'm going to make a thread about it so you can be my witness that I've been talking about jumping ship way before the ship went down. We're springing leaks now, but I'm not letting my family drown.

i recall you saying that several times. while i'm not glad you're leaving your birth country, i'm glad you're sensible about it and want all the best for your family.

i don't think its such a step in the direction of eliminating our rights

bans on public smoking aren't that sort of move

cities like NY and chicago outlawing transfats aren't that kind of move

yes, obesity is ON OCCASION something that cannot be helped. i wholly believe that the majority of fat Americans got that way out of sheer laziness--whether it was personal choice or upbringing. PT / PE are the last things on these people's minds.

i don't think its our federal government's place to tell us what we can or can't eat, but i think something has to be done about America's obesity problem, and i don't see this solution as a problem.

dawood: i don't blame you for planning to jump ship but your religion tells you absolutely (as compared to voting bringing about change) what you can't eat for your own good--why do you have a problem with this? avoiding filthy/unclean animals is for health reasons, avoiding burger king is for health reasons...

by that logic i guess i should be able to walk out the front door of my home in the city and shoot skeet, huh? i mean, who cares if it harms the kids playing on the street....its my choice so that should be good enough. after all, god forbid i have to drive 20 minutes to a range where im not in danger of hitting other people. stupid....

anyway, im in agreement with you on this one casek. this is absurd and even a little scary. more misguided and short sighted than scary but scary none the less. personally id like to see more of our governments resources going to education when it comes to nutrition. maybe take a break from scaring people with threat levels and run a PSA or two about a balanced diet and the benefit of exercise. i dont know, just a thought.

i don't think its such a step in the direction of eliminating our rights

bans on public smoking aren't that sort of move

cities like NY and chicago outlawing transfats aren't that kind of move

yes, obesity is ON OCCASION something that cannot be helped. i wholly believe that the majority of fat Americans got that way out of sheer laziness--whether it was personal choice or upbringing. PT / PE are the last things on these people's minds.

i don't think its our federal government's place to tell us what we can or can't eat, but i think something has to be done about America's obesity problem, and i don't see this solution as a problem.

dawood: i don't blame you for planning to jump ship but your religion tells you absolutely (as compared to voting bringing about change) what you can't eat for your own good--why do you have a problem with this? avoiding filthy/unclean animals is for health reasons, avoiding burger king is for health reasons...

Don't get me wrong. Obesity is a problem. Whether govt. can or cannot legislate what we eat is something totally different. I don't think it would be in the best interest of taxpayers money to try and enforce burger laws, but I don't even vote, so who am I to have an opinion? I'm not leaving america based on things like this, though. I'm leaving because the earth is wide open and there's other places to raise my kids and a lot of the world to experience.

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1709802,00.html

(JACKSON, Miss.) — A state lawmaker wants to ban restaurants from serving food to obese customers — but please, don't be offended. He says he never even expected his plan to become law. "I was trying to shed a little light on the number one problem in Mississippi," said Republican Rep. John Read of Gautier, who acknowledges that at 5-foot-11 and 230 pounds, he'd probably have a tough time under his own bill. More than 30 percent of adults in Mississippi are considered it obese, according to a 2007 study by the Trust for America's Health, a research group that focuses on disease prevention. The state House Public Health Committee chairman, Democrat Steve Holland of Plantersville, said he is going to "shred" the bill. "It is too oppressive for government to require a restaurant owner to police another human being from their own indiscretions," Holland said Monday. The bill had no specifics about how obesity would be defined, or how restaurants were supposed to determine if a customer was obese. Al Stamps, who owns a restaurant in Jackson, said it is "absurd" for the state to consider telling him which customers he can't serve. He and his wife, Kim, do a bustling lunch business at Cool Al's, which serves big burgers — beef or veggie — and specialty foods like "Sassy Momma Sweet Potato Fries." "There is a better way to deal with health issues than to impose those kind of regulations," Al Stamps said. "I'm sorry — you can't do it by treating adults like children and telling them what they can and cannot eat."

you guys know the burger king commercials where they tell cats they dont sell the whopper anymore, and dudes just flip out. imagine all the fatties being told they cant have whoppers - flipping the fuck out. hahahahah. for reals though, this shit is scary. it reminds me of that flick, demolition man, the government outlawed salt because it was unhealthy. crazy shit.

Wait wait wait...wait.

Are you trying to take away the rights of the sovereign state of Mississippi as protected by the constitution? I do not find any referance to obesity in the constitution so it must be left to the states to decide - to starve or not to starve.

That is the price of liberty. Freedom isn't free! Vote Ron Paul, the people are literally STARVING for justice.

Well if this bill cures obesity, and everyone becomes skinny; How does one enforce this law?

If this is bill passed, the police would have to hire fat people to try and order food to see if the establishments are following the law...

But Mississippi police cant do that if everyone is now skinny from the bill...

Where would we get the fat people from then hmmm? Its unenforcable!!!! :P

that's what I'm saying. It's unenforceable right from the jump. So, you got a fat lady with 3 kids going into Mac-dingles and who's going to tell that lady and the kids she can't eat?

Sorry, ma'am you're too fat to eat. And wheres the cut off for obesity going to be? It's too touchy, and it would never fly. Anyway, there's only one guy in the senate pushing for this as far as I know.

"Yo man watchoo need?"

"yo man i needs a cheeseburger"

"yo mah brother I'll double that cheeseburger for a fiddy and for another five I'm gonna give you a slice of bacon on that shit"

"$55.00??? oh c'mon man I'll a little short"

"and fat too you cluckhead motherfucker...... go on beat it"

hahaha

obesity is a problem for sure. not even a question.

but this will NEVER pass. the majority of this country is obese. and these places arent gonna want to turn away their best customers. since when does anyone in the food business care if your a fatass? they're just trying to make a dollar. if your a fucking whale and want to buy 6 cheeseburgers thats what they are gonna sell you.