Help Deto out...

DETO

as some of you may know, i am an elementary special education teacher. this year i somehow (being the newbie) got roped into helping make the yearbook. long story short, the yearbook hasn't been selling very well and i was asked to make fliers and posters to "attract" more buyers. what, i'm asking for, is if the talented artist of 12oz could help me out and design some "hip" fliers to help sell more yearbooks. if you are interested in helping me out, let me know and i'll let you know prices, name of the school, etc...

thank you.

-deets.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest shai_hulud

Why do I have a feeling that this is going to turn into a great thread?

Deto, the Special Ed teacher, asking his fellow ozers for flyer designs for a grade school yearbook...

well, i figure the style of art that the ounce creates might not be appealing to my peers, but it would catch the eye of 10 and 11 year old kids. the original fliers were just plain sad. it was generic text, telling you how much the book is, and whose classrooms you may go to order it from. black text on green paper. real eye catching! i know i'd want one!

actually, none of my students have down, i have 6 autistic kids (4 of them, very good artist, one of them actually designed our schools mascot/logo. maybe i'll post pics of some of their work) and 2 that are pretty much just behavior problems. but, thanks for trying.

Is the entire school special ed?

no. it's a regular elementary school, with 2 special ed classes, one 4th, one 5th. i teach the 4th grade class. well, i teach them reading and math, our school has inclussion classes. meaning, i go with my students to their "homeroom" to do science and history. but i modify their work (same assignments as the "regular" kids.) and help them with it.

and yes Fatalist, i am a teacher. i just started my second year. good luck with the student teaching. i kinda fell into sped by accident, but i've really enjoyed it. dealing with the parents is the hardest part.