THE GES POST....ALL FR8S

Guest THEBLACKESTWHITEGUY

Originally posted by CrewJones

I think if half of you put in as much effort into freights as you did into coming in here trying to convince people why Ges is no good, you might have a freight half as good as ges has in the beggining of this post. I think some of us should seriously take a step back and look at yourselves... Ges took the time, and put in the effort to try to do something new and a bit more advanced on a freight, and MAD heads were feeling it... even the ones that did not want to admit to themselves that it was hot, but still know it deep down inside. It's pieces like that that DESERVE to be seen by many. It's fucking hot! I have never been up north, or out west... but I am glad to have seen FX and 3A productions, as well as ATT and MSK productions. none of that would be possible without magazines... I've never been to Europe, but i am happy as shit to see their work. You think FX or other major crews havent self-promoted? Self-promotion is the very nature of the game! If you do something good, in some backwoods tunnel, will someone from across the country see it? no way. If you werent promoting yourself, you would not repeat your name 40,000 times. It is evident which writers on here are unable to give credit to a skilled writer, and instead choose to belittle the writer out of jealousy, by adressing some lame issue of self promotion... I have never caught a ges freight, I have never caught an ONo or Mber. But I am glad to have seen that freight on here... not all freight writers go for #'s... I like to see good shit, period. Not 500 pieces of slop. The bottom line is, live your life the way you think life should be lived... and dont worry so much about what others are doing.

He's got some really good points about life in general ya know???

Listen up kids..........

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Graff Jesus
Originally posted by CrewJones

I think if half of you put in as much effort into freights as you did into coming in here trying to convince people why Ges is no good, you might have a freight half as good as ges has in the beggining of this post. I think some of us should seriously take a step back and look at yourselves... Ges took the time, and put in the effort to try to do something new and a bit more advanced on a freight, and MAD heads were feeling it... even the ones that did not want to admit to themselves that it was hot, but still know it deep down inside. It's pieces like that that DESERVE to be seen by many. It's fucking hot! I have never been up north, or out west... but I am glad to have seen FX and 3A productions, as well as ATT and MSK productions. none of that would be possible without magazines... I've never been to Europe, but i am happy as shit to see their work. You think FX or other major crews havent self-promoted? Self-promotion is the very nature of the game! If you do something good, in some backwoods tunnel, will someone from across the country see it? no way. If you werent promoting yourself, you would not repeat your name 40,000 times. It is evident which writers on here are unable to give credit to a skilled writer, and instead choose to belittle the writer out of jealousy, by adressing some lame issue of self promotion... I have never caught a ges freight, I have never caught an ONo or Mber. But I am glad to have seen that freight on here... not all freight writers go for #'s... I like to see good shit, period. Not 500 pieces of slop. The bottom line is, live your life the way you think life should be lived... and dont worry so much about what others are doing.

why can't more people think like this guy?

Guest 5th wheel

if it wasnt for "self-promotion" or whatever....you woulndt even no what graffiti was...how did u get into graf...most likely by seeing some pieces of peeps that self promoted themself....its how you get about.....otherwise you'd be scribblin on walls nobody would see...and nobody would recognize you.......if youve ever done a handstyle on a dumster by a bunch of big time heads in your city just to get noticed....or handstyled that drain pipe or door on that legal wall them sick kids did just to get noticed when people flic it...well then my friend your self promoting...were all guilty of it....but this is a situatoin where this guilt brings your fortune.....so in summery..i suggest self promoting yourself like GES and all the other guys on this post....then you'll someday get a 4 page post all about you.........just a thought

anyone is gonna pop shit on ges or kem or anyother good writer is corny ...as far as skill goes guys like that could do your piece better then you they got nice frights legals and illegals i love all that shit i love graff i love paint and if i could find a girl that was a good lay that painted i would fuck her in the dopest spots so any girls on here that are good in bed and on a wall ....hi :love:

Originally posted by 5th wheel

if it wasnt for "self-promotion" or whatever....you woulndt even no what graffiti was...how did u get into graf...most likely by seeing some pieces of peeps that self promoted themself....its how you get about.....otherwise you'd be scribblin on walls nobody would see...and nobody would recognize you.......if youve ever done a handstyle on a dumster by a bunch of big time heads in your city just to get noticed....or handstyled that drain pipe or door on that legal wall them sick kids did just to get noticed when people flic it...well then my friend your self promoting...were all guilty of it....but this is a situatoin where this guilt brings your fortune.....so in summery..i suggest self promoting yourself like GES and all the other guys on this post....then you'll someday get a 4 page post all about you.........just a thought

some people have different ethics on how graffiti should be done. the actual process of getting recognized is retarded.

alot of you people are arugeing and not knowing why. It's like this-people SHOULD be recognized by the amount of work they put in and the love they have for it. I know this is a little too rainbows and sunshinebut hey, wouldn't graffiti have so much more integrity if it was like that? i don't think anyone was saying dude can't paint, obviously he can, but what can be said about the musician who only "made it" because of the people he knew?

as long as politics run the show, you all will have the same "what's the problem with it" attitude. I admit i've done it before someone tries to "pull my card" but, almost always, the way things SHOULD be are never the way things are.

Guest CrewJones

will some body out there please add some flix to this post?!!! any kem pure or totem freights as well?

I know you guys got some, so lets see it!

Originally posted by Graff Jesus

why can't more people think like this guy?

whatever. stick to your diluted dreamland of magazine writers and FX burners and whatever else. I'M TALKING ABOUT LICKING STAMPS, PEOPLE, HELLO?

and i, for one, picked up graffiti by living in an area that had ILLEGAL GRAFFITI going on all around. i learned from the kids down the block, from REAL LIFE.

Whats more illegal than Ges doing trains in Europe, I heard half that crew went to jail over there? Yo is Cope2 a stamp licker or Irak crew, they get magazine coverage because they put in work and support a movement in a positive way. These days any head can get into mag with sum effort. Peace

Guest upinsmoke

Is that a Kems, Kem 5, or just an extention off the M? could be any...

Dont be afraid to get a little closer to the train to catch flix of rolling stock... They wont bite you, last time I checked. Got any more? I caught some dope Totem freights a while back, but traded them away. lets see some more action.

Personally I really like Ges stuff. It's some of my favorite graffiti. Clean, neat, and sophisticated. It's tough to not say it's art. Anyone can see the skill Ges has.

As far as licking stamps and whatever, just live your own life. This graffiti thing is so competitive that if you want to be "famous", I think you have to have connections and whatever. Am I a dick because I work for 12oz? Am I a dick for being in 3a? I'm the same guy that started out not knowing anything. If you're a good person, and you're talented like Ges, people want to be around you. I'm not saying that anyone not graffiti-famous is untalented or a bad person, but maybe you shouldn't be so quick to judge another person and their life outlook based on how many freights they have in magazines.

If i was to mail out a pack to a magazine, I'd put in all the Ges stuff I could find. He's really awesome. Maybe some people mail out flicks for whatever reason, but if i was gonna send flicks to a magazine, I'd make it a pack of the best graffiti I could find. That's the point of graffiti periodicals, right? I like looking at other people's graffiti. I'd be bummed if i couldn't see what was being painted by canadians, germans, japanese, other americans, etc....

Guest Graff Jesus
Originally posted by and now you choke

whatever. stick to your diluted dreamland of magazine writers and FX burners and whatever else. I'M TALKING ABOUT LICKING STAMPS, PEOPLE, HELLO?

and i, for one, picked up graffiti by living in an area that had ILLEGAL GRAFFITI going on all around. i learned from the kids down the block, from REAL LIFE.

hey dipshit, i don't even have magazines in my house. or anything else "graffiti related".

maybe the world of burners and good writers is just a dreamland to you, but it's my reality. i choose not to live in the world of mediocre styles and wack shit. you seem to occupy that realm quit happily.

come to think of it the last magazine i had was a copy of volume one that i had sent to me by a friend...so instead of licking stamps, you can lick this dick.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived