cigars

professor beatdown

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<<not the little one's your dog smokes out of the cat box..

<<and not the one's you gut to stuff b grade pot in..

----

Recommendations, Reviews and Q & A~

------

One of my all time favourites~

and it's also one of the best VALUE in cigars ~

maisti_joya_de_nicaragua_antano_gran_consul.jpg

Joya De Nicaragua..

and the basic Antano 1970 line is ironically better than the Celebration limited edition line~

9/10 for me!

------

Chateau Fuente Gran Reserva (Maduro)

My staple cigar (smoking one now)

Short and sweet, like a love affair~

AFCR3.jpg arturo_fuente_chateau_fuente_maduro.jpg

Wrapped in aged spanish cedar under plastic..

makes it a reliable cigar to pick out of nearly any humidor~

9/10~ truely a great cigar

------

Rocky Patel 1990 Vintage~

GREAT medium-to-strong bodied cigar~

I like the Torpedos..

Rocky%20Patel%2012yr%20torpedo%20single%20WR%202.jpg

but the Churchills smoke beautifully and are one of the few Churchills I would buy repeatedly~

Rocky%20Patel%2012yr%20churchill%20single%20WR%202.jpg

The sun-grown line is a bit cheaper and schhhaaamooooth!

The Conneticut shade grown wrapped shorties are amazing light cigars~

Expensive, but a memorable smoke~

rocky_patel.gif

Tell a friend

average Rocky is an easy 9/10~

------

from

The *Cigars* thread some months back

http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116232

cigars are good. i was smoking some olivias last night. i heard cohibas are really overpriced for the quality. ive never actually tried one though. macanudo robustos are where its at.

cohibas are very overpriced, dont bother.

macanudos are also horrible.

if you like mac's, though, try Cusano M1's.

i smoke appx. 3 a week.

i just got back from europe and picked up some H.Uppman's from a German airport. really good smoke. they had some cohibas too but not worth the price. all the cigars were real cubans but i settled for h.uppmans cuz they were descent cigars for the price.

my fav's gotta be Rocky Patels probably.

montecristo no.2 are nice.

i used to be into the mac's (macanudo) and romeo n juliets.. but not phased anymore.

CAO visions are straight as well

Im headed to the bar right now, ill keep my eye out for a RP, ive tried most the others you have talked about. But still have yet to grasp the overall difference.

My problem is i like the bigger cigar more than the smaller ones ive yet to try much else. Do they smoke differently. I need a lesson on whats teh rundown i think i smoke enough now to really try to learn. But i hate kicking it in the shop with the wantabe's that annoy the fuck out of me.

T;6061695']Im headed to the bar right now, ill keep my eye out for a RP, ive tried most the others you have talked about. But still have yet to grasp the overall difference.

My problem is i like the bigger cigar more than the smaller ones ive yet to try much else. Do they smoke differently. I need a lesson on whats teh rundown i think i smoke enough now to really try to learn. But i hate kicking it in the shop with the wantabe's that annoy the fuck out of me.

the main difference in the sizes are how they smoke.

even if you have the same brand cigar and the same tobacco is used, the size could have an impact on how it tastes.

basically, i prefer the longer ones since they smoke less "hot". the closer the burnt end of a cigar is closer to your mouth the hotter the smoke becomes. hot smoke doesnt make the cigar taste good at all so i like to smoke the longer ones and die em out about 1/4 way.

after a while, you will develop a palate for the cigar tastes and begin to notice the difference between cigars.

it takes time.

Abes a real smoker! nice!

though I disagree about the shorter smokes being worse..

The smoke is hot if you smoke them hot.. You have to draw from it differently, that's all~

If you take monster draws from a big cherry 3 inches from your mouth it'll taste like exhaust fumes of course.. if someone is in the habit of smoking longer, thinner cigars, it takes some serious adjustment.. anyway.. I like the roll of a rocky!.. though as mentioned before, Joya Nicuraguas Anatos, v-cut are hwanghol for me!

Poesia~ forget those wanna be's~ take your smokes to go!

Cigars are the joint!

La Flor Dominicana is my favorite.

reservaespecial.jpg

Specifically this monster

LaFlorDominicanaFactoryPres.jpg

The Factory Press and the El Jocko Maduro (4th in from the left on the top pic).

I've never had one that I didn't like, though I prefer my sticks more on the full bodied side.

Some other jammies that I always try to keep in the humidor are

Ashton VSG

vsg_rounds.jpg

Rockey Patel Olde World Reserve

rp-owr-box-and-torpedo.jpg

and any of the Padron anniversary cigars

Padron1964SuperiorImperial.jpg

I smoke more in the summer - when i can chill outside.

Word. I can't wait till it warms up some. There's nothing like puffin a good stoge with a mug of choice suds while outside on a warm day.

la flor dominicana double ligeros are straight

Abes a real smoker! nice!

though I disagree about the shorter smokes being worse..

The smoke is hot if you smoke them hot.. You have to draw from it differently, that's all~

If you take monster draws from a big cherry 3 inches from your mouth it'll taste like exhaust fumes of course.. if someone is in the habit of smoking longer, thinner cigars, it takes some serious adjustment.. anyway.. I like the roll of a rocky!.. though as mentioned before, Joya Nicuraguas Anatos, v-cut are hwanghol for me!

Poesia~ forget those wanna be's~ take your smokes to go!

yeah i get you.

dont get me wrong, i dont think shorter cigars are bad. i actually just bought a vintage 1990 rocky patel which was short. i buy the short ones in the winter when i smoke outside. i prefer long cigars but its too damn cold in chicago for a churchill when you're outside. i never got to try a joya nicaragua yet but since you recommend them, i'll have to hollah at one soon.

I smoke more in the summer - when i can chill outside.

Recently had some good smokes.

Punch -Rare Corojo is my go to.

Got an Opus in my humidor now - someone told me it was worth like 50 bones. I'm saving it for a while I guess.

yeah i hear opus x are good. im just too broke to afford one as of now.