INVITES???

BELTOLEUM

Should invites be brought back???  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i did read it and now that i think about

it i agree that the open to all is good.

but people in my cities thread all joined

within the last week and it is turning to shit.

i can relate tell me about it. i dont even post flicks anymore. because my thread racks up at least 3-4 pages a fucking day. of nothing but shit talking and fags bumping shit that doesnt deserve to be bumped

Porcelain:

yea i know what your saying a bunch of peeps

are bumpin wack ass shit and it is always non

stop talking about stupid shit

for example:

it started with some guy who paints apples around town.

then a long convo started about how wack he is.

then it started about apple bongs.

then lemon bongs are better.

and thats it.

and the other day we basically had an entire page

of "bump that bomb" "bump those tags" "bump this"

and "bump that" bunch of worthless talk.

actually he hated me cause i painted in his yards, i grew up my first 10 years in inkster and romulus,

90% of writers who paint in detroit aren't from detroit, and that's the arguments we had. plus all the beef i had with Tead. plus some other shit

you painted in his train spots???

or you mean "the yard".

it really don't matter cause a majority

of the peeps in the detroit thread

grew up close to detroit or were exposed

to it as a kid.

like me i have lived about 10 blocks away

from detroit my whole life.

Ah, good point. I thought about this, too.

Let's try this. Anyone who has been here for a year knows the difference between "fail" and "win". Let's try not being total dicks to new people right off the bat, and encourage more "win" through explanation and example. That way, the content improves and everyone is happy. It's called "giving people the benefit of the doubt".

However, some people aren't going to get it right away. Those are the ones that you razz until they get with the program. If they don't, and they want to stick around and get abused, hey...that's their call.

This is exactly what happened with that davak kid. he made a retarded thread, it got pointed out that he'd have to step up, he changed it up, fixed the post, and all was good, but by then it had turned into serious business (sorry).

you think he would have learned that a content filled post is the way to go with things, (not just on 12oz, but on any forum) but then he went on to make a few other shitty threads and there ya go... people saying ban the dude.

but you know what, although he may have been a scapegoat, the point was made and people took notice that WE are responsible for the content on this board and i think people forgot about that.

i dont really know what i'm going for here but now i think that people say Ch. 0 sucks now they realize that they're included in that statement.

that was mad off topic,

it felt a lot more 'exclusive' with th invites, but it got stale. Just like shai said, haze the shit out of people in the channel zero tradition if they step out of line. But they have to know where the bar is set, meaning long time members have to set the standard.

GOD DAMN IT. can you assholes stop bitching? no matter what happens someones vagina gets a yeast infection about it and they feel the need to squirt their nasty discharge all over everyone else even though we really dont give a fuck. shut up about it, your opinion doesnt matter and "all the noobs" are a lot more entertaining than your awesome thread complaining about something you dont even contribute to. thanks.

at first, i was kind of against getting rid of the invite system. then i noticed it does bring new people in, who aren't so bad. on the other hand, it allows a bunch of window lickers to come in and act like fools. either way, it brings new photos, conversation, banter, disagreement, and opportunity to use the failboat.

i think the only reason the invite system should come back, is if the site starts to get tight on bandwidth, or some other issues arise due to an over abundance of people.

Guest shai_hulud

Has anyone considered that...well, you know...YOU DON'T NEED AN INVITE SYSTEM TO INVITE PEOPLE TO SIGN UP HERE???

All the invite system did was give some of you you some kind of inflated sense of exclusivity. Closing the board was a mistake, and closing it again would be repeating the same mistake.

If you want things to improve around here, instead of saying shit like "NOOBFAILTITSORGTFO" every time someone says something dumb, make better posts/threads instead.

Failing and spamming threads improves nothing. In fact, it makes things worse.

Guest shai_hulud
at first, i was kind of against getting rid of the invite system. then i noticed it does bring new people in, who aren't so bad. on the other hand, it allows a bunch of window lickers to come in and act like fools. either way, it brings new photos, conversation, banter, disagreement, and opportunity to use the failboat.

i think the only reason the invite system should come back, is if the site starts to get tight on bandwidth, or some other issues arise due to an over abundance of people.

The bandwidth issue is a red herring. In fact, linking the same, tired "failboat/you fail" images use up more bandwidth TWICE- on the site you link from and 12 oz.- than someone creating a new account does.

If you upload the image to 12 oz., then you're wasting disk space AND bandwidth.

As a matter of fact, there used to be a rule about images back in the day...OH SHI-

-------------------

DON'T TROLL OR FLAME!

Don't wander through discussions acting like an asshole. This is our house, and though we open it up to the general public, we still reserve the right to kick out people that act like pricks.

STAY ON TOPIC!

We've pretty much created a separate forum for every type of discussion, so make sure you post to the appropriate place. If there's (arguably) no redeeming quality to your post, than don't waste our bandwidth posting it (This goes double for posting 'First' and/or 'Page *' within threads, and triple for the posting of random images). And, if you notice a thread discussing a particular topic, for pete's sake, don't go and start a new one. Additionally, try and use informative subjects lines for new threads. Besides being helpful, it shows you're not a new jack when it comes to message boards.

----------------------

Well, look at that! They're right next to each other!

Guest shai_hulud

Too bad those rules haven't been enforced in a while. (<-----------BIG ASS HINT.)

THAT would make a huge difference in the quality that everyone keeps demanding, but not supplying.

It used to be that when rookies would get out of line, they would get warned...then banned for a few days, with an explanation so they could mend their ways.

Jesus...I like a lot of you folks, but this shit isn't rocket science. Make a fucking effort, if you want to see better content it's on you, too.

I'm new to this site and i am a bit both sided on the issue. the fact is that many culprit ass entities will eventually get into this forum i.e. cops/spammers/idiots and that is why i support the invite system more so than the free for all system. BUT. i got on here after like 6 months of trying to get an invite through the newsletter, using the new system. i voted put the invite back because some people will probably write for like a month or a year and stop, ideally this site should be filled with the best and the brightest..

Guest shai_hulud
I'm new to this site and i am a bit both sided on the issue. the fact is that many culprit ass entities will eventually get into this forum i.e. cops/spammers/idiots and that is why i support the invite system more so than the free for all system. BUT. i got on here after like 6 months of trying to get an invite through the newsletter, using the new system. i voted put the invite back because some people will probably write for like a month or a year and stop, ideally this site should be filled with the best and the brightest..

Watch, everyone. Here's how you do it-

Hey, Myst. Glad you made it. You're right about the invite system keeping the riffraff out, but the problem was that the cops and spammers will find ways to sign up, and the idiots...well, you'll see. Anyway, it had its time, and now it's time to go back to the way things were.

Before going and posting in the rest of Channel Zero, you might want to read some of the threads and "meet" people...see what kind of stuff gets a good reaction, and what gets bad attention. A few days of checking the forum out should get you up to speed. If anyone gives you a hard time, it's usually in fun, and I highly recommend giving them a hard time in return. Eventually you'll get the hang of it. Have a good time.

There, was that so hard?