Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cannabis gives you the CHRONIC lung disease

yeah smoke of any sort is bad but...come on that shit is ridiculous theres no way that pot is worse then cigarette smoke...i dont even smoke trees but come one...its fucking obvious thats its not NEARLY AS BAD (still bad to health) but not nearly as bad as stogues.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

an n of 79 is way too low.

how the fuck are 79 people gonna tell you anything definitive.

the last UK study on this used hundreds of people and showed no increase in lung cancer risk

and it has been shown that pot has a positive effect on decreasing psychosis

as for the cancer though:

Marijuana use and the risk of lung and upper aerodigestive tract cancers: results of a population-based case-control study.

Hashibe M, Morgenstern H, Cui Y, Tashkin DP, Zhang ZF, Cozen W, Mack TM, Greenland S.

IARC, Lyon, France.

BACKGROUND: Despite several lines of evidence suggesting the biological plausibility of marijuana being carcinogenic, epidemiologic findings are inconsistent. We conducted a population-based case-control study of the association between marijuana use and the risk of lung and upper aerodigestive tract cancers in Los Angeles. METHODS: Our study included 1,212 incident cancer cases and 1,040 cancer-free controls matched to cases on age, gender, and neighborhood. Subjects were interviewed with a standardized questionnaire. The cumulative use of marijuana was expressed in joint-years, where 1 joint-year is equivalent to smoking one joint per day for 1 year. RESULTS: Although using marijuana for > or =30 joint-years was positively associated in the crude analyses with each cancer type (except pharyngeal cancer), no positive associations were observed when adjusting for several confounders including cigarette smoking. The adjusted odds ratio estimate (and 95% confidence limits) for > or =60 versus 0 joint-years was 1.1 (0.56, 2.1) for oral cancer, 0.84 (0.28, 2.5) for laryngeal cancer, and 0.62 (0.32, 1.2) for lung cancer; the adjusted odds ratio estimate for > or =30 versus 0 joint-years was 0.57 (0.20, 1.6) for pharyngeal cancer, and 0.53 (0.22, 1.3) for esophageal cancer. No association was consistently monotonic across exposure categories, and restriction to subjects who never smoked cigarettes yielded similar findings. CONCLUSIONS: Our results may have been affected by selection bias or error in measuring lifetime exposure and confounder histories; but they suggest that the association of these cancers with marijuana, even long-term or heavy use, is not strong and may be below practically detectable limits.

i've talked to plenty of people that think smoking weed is relatively harmless as their assumption is that cigarette smoke is bad because of the artificial shit in it, which it may be.

this clarifies that smoke, period, is shitty for you.

and yeah the fact that the test size was so small in addition to there not being a distinct tobacco smoker and weed smoker group was bullshit.

Guest shai_hulud

Some of the weed I handle makes my hands sticky for a day or two after the fact. Shit, some of it I can stick to the wall if it's fresh enough...I can't imagine smoking something that resinous could be good for you over the long term.

Then again, I smoked tobacco for about 17 of the past 21 years, and pot for about 11 of the past 21 years. Yeah, I'm one to talk about healthy decisions...

an n of 79 is way too low.

how the fuck are 79 people gonna tell you anything definitive.

the last UK study on this used hundreds of people and showed no increase in lung cancer risk

and it has been shown that pot has a positive effect on decreasing psychosis

as for the cancer though:

Marijuana use and the risk of lung and upper aerodigestive tract cancers: results of a population-based case-control study.

i love you for comin through on the methodological scrutiny.

and thanks for the other study, as i was too lazy to find those pro weed studies.

Some of the weed I handle makes my hands sticky for a day or two after the fact. Shit, some of it I can stick to the wall if it's fresh enough...I can't imagine smoking something that resinous could be good for you over the long term.

Then again, I smoked tobacco for about 17 of the past 21 years, and pot for about 11 of the past 21 years. Yeah, I'm one to talk about healthy decisions...

those stickies are the best.

i love when you havea jar full of it.

and you flip the jar over, and none of it moves...

good times.

good blunt weed.