backwards or forwards?

TURBOCAPSLOK1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

shit..

both..

because if we are talking about keeping a schedule then it is moved back...because on a timed schedule now is now. later is back. "our schedule is BACKED up for a solid month" "we are gonna have to move that BACK to a LATER date"

if we are talking literal then the date is LITERALLY moved forward..in a calender since

T;6051808']the glass that is......

its half full

Its twice as big as it needs to be.

get rid of the unnecessary and it works perfectly.

forward and backwards are merely modifiers that serve no purpose. cut them out and you have no problems.

This has perplexed me at times as well. But here is the answer:

If it has moved to a date closer to the present, it has been moved forward. And if its moved to a later date, then its farther away from you, or moved back.

Just think of it as distance from the present and it should come easy.

Now what i still don't understand is how people can say "its a quarter of 5" and mean 4:45. That doesn't make any fucking sense. It should be "its a quarter til 5" = 4:45, while "Its a quarter of 5" = 5:15. And yet EVERYBODY fucking says it, and thinks i'm a fucking nutbag for pointing out that it doesn't make sense.

There is no real answer, but in society I think the normal thing to say would be pushing it back means later in time. This is what I always see on TV shows that have lawyers or managers making appointments.

I view time and the intervals of hours throughout the day as an object, like a Rolodex. This object faces me and the front of it is the closest time to me, and the back of it is the farthest time away from me. So if I go to a later time, I am going back into the Rolodex of time, and if I am going to an earlier time I am moving forward.

So back is later and forward is sooner, to me.

There is no real answer, but in society I think the normal thing to say would be pushing it back means later in time. This is what I always see on TV shows that have lawyers or managers making appointments.

I view time and the intervals of hours throughout the day as an object, like a Rolodex. This object faces me and the front of it is the closest time to me, and the back of it is the farthest time away from me. So if I go to a later time, I am going back into the Rolodex of time, and if I am going to an earlier time I am moving forward.

So back is later and forward is sooner, to me.

Ya, thats pretty much what i said. But i guess your explanation was easier to understand.

Archived