Eating Dirt

Milk Grenades

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

A bunch of my homegirls started throwing benefit art shows to raise funds for issues like these. The first show in Hawaii raised enough money to build an orphanage in malawi. And members of the group have been taking trips over to africa to offer their help in building the orphanage and just spending time with the orphans. Its a pretty awesome thing to be apart of and the idea is spreading allover the US to NY, LV, Nashville, LA, etc.

Each show is different and is not only concerned with Africa but the general idea is to use Art to bring the people together that want to help out with issues like these but dont know where to start. They also try to choose smaller dedicated organizations to help, to make sure the money is going where it should.

http://www.startarevo.org

when I was little we eat only one meal a day..rice or beans. We are poor but not life the afruca por. In the favelas people eat uslly one emal a day sometime more depend on how much earned. I also has to shower and go to the bathroom outisde becase the area we live in was the poor area of Rocinha called "Roupa Suja". Now it is better for us but still some who live in Roupa Suja or Macega still suffer. We often have disease called Dengue and other problems becase the too many people live so close and have the Valao (open sewer system. The guy Pffffft know what I talk becase he has visit in Rocinha to paint with Rolers and Leds..

That foto is sad, I am so happy that I have enough food and my shelter is better now. The world is unfair, we justy try to make the best of what we do and have.

This is why I make the T shirts and try to help with education of the kids. Hopefuly my art can make a diference in some bodys life.

pissdrunk..I do not judge others, everbody have there own life challenges.......I am nobody special just normal guy..I do this becase with out my comunity I would not have the oportunity I have to come in the USA and study.....for me I feel I owe my comunity a little by trying to give back when I can....sometime I feel like ambasador of Rocinha, I think people need know that the favela/slum/shantytown..whatever you want call it have good things too....we are people too.

In Brazil the middle classe and the rich would make you think we have no valor..

People need to see fotos like that to know the sad reality that exist outside there own world..

Greed is where these third world country leaders steal all of the money for themself and live in luxury, and the masses live in sqwalor.

Brazil is intersting becase it have potential to be first world but in many way is still third world.

be grateful you live in decent house or apartment where you have eletricity, water, and other things that make life easier.

haha man dont think im not grateful for what i have ive seen some fucked up shit in person.

even in our own country theres terrible shit going on, i used to process foodstamp and medicaid applications. well this lady was up for her foodstamp review so the social worker goes out to her place, theyre only giving her 24 dollars worth of food stamps a month because she gets disability. well to kind of cut to the chase the social worker found out she was eating dog food..... she had a cabinet full of dog food... this old lady lived alone, eating dog food and drinking tap water, with no ac no heat just a couple fans. i feel really passionately about this stuff really i just dont know what i can do other than voice my opinion, i dont have money to give i dont have anyway to go out there and help them so what the fuck do i do?

I remember I read somewheres that the USA have enough to feed the world if they wanted to..It is sad when a human have to eat dog food....that sucks..

Actually the cost to end world hunger is supposedly 18 billion dollars... The u.s.a. could do it easily, of course so could a bunch of other countries... but the elites of the world don't want to end world hunger.. its serves them to have people hungry, and wars going on across the globe..