Where the fuck can I get a Chicago dog in NYC?

DonCheadle

Where in New York can I purchase a chicago style hot dog with all the trimmings. I know the "Shake Shack" at Madison Park has a kind of weak "Shack-cago dog" but is there anything else out there? I can't keep making these things myself at home, it's getting tedious. NYC has got to have a place like "Hot Doug's" in Chi-town, right?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Wikipedia)

A Chicago-style hot dog (sometimes referred to as a "Chicago Dog") is a steamed or boiled all-beef, natural-casing hot dog on a poppy seed bun which is thought to have originated in the U.S. city of Chicago, Illinois and its surrounding suburbs. The hot dog is topped with mustard, onion, sweet pickle relish (usually neon green), a dill pickle spear, tomato slices or wedges, sport peppers, and a dash of celery salt; but never ketchup[1][2][3]. It is taboo to put ketchup on a Chicago hot dog; there are actually some hot dog shops and stands that will refuse to provide service if the customer makes the request.

When I was in Hawaii I couldn't find a decent Chi-Dog anywhere... then one day I go to the Home Depot and they got this stand out front called Windy City Dogs... and they actually hooked 'em up right!! Peppers and all!!! So try Home Depot... *lol*

By the way... other than Hot Doug's... the best hot dog I can remember having in Chicago was when we were kids and used to ditch and sneak into the 1 o'clock Cubs games.