Hello, Scientology. We are Anonymous.

Milk Grenades

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shai_hulud

I encourage everyone to repost that information anywhere that you can...myspace, facebook, digg, fark, Slashdot, Craigslist, any other forums you may be part of, any IRC channels you're on, listserv, Usenet, comments on blogs, comments on anti-CoS sites, comments on pro-CoS sites, Youtube comments....also, feel free to email it to people you know who may be interested and to your local paper and local network news room.

These people did some incredibly fucked up shit and have been stealing money (NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS FOR A CD????) for long enough.

This isn't about the "religion" of Scientology. If people choose Scientology as a belief system, that's their right. The Church of Scientology, however, needs to answer for some of its actions.

With enough pressure, anything is possible.

Guest shai_hulud
See. Heres my 2 cents.

Scientology is crazy as hell. If all the stories of running people into financial ruin is true, then they get what they deserve. But now you have random 4chan people who are on the coattails of the people who started this just on some random hate-Scientology thing. Digging out information on members who are just regular joe's.

Everything I posted is directly linked to the CoS. If anyone knows any Scientologists, they don't deserve to be harassed, this is probably a rough time for them.

This has been going on for some time. It's not some overnight sensation.

Guest shai_hulud

Google "scientology+fair+play" if you think that this is a benign organization.

Well, here's a few quotes from the man himself-

"When we need somebody haunted we investigate. When we investigate we do so noisily always."

- L. Ron Hubbard, MANUAL OF JUSTICE, 1959

"People attack Scientology, I never forget it, always even the score. People attack auditors, or staff, or organisations, or me. I never forget until the slate is clear."

"So we listen. We add up associations of people with people. When a push against Scientology starts somewhere, we go over the people involved and weed them out. Push vanishes."

"ENEMY SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 18 October 1967

[sP = Suppressive Person a.k.a. critic of Scientology]

A truly Suppressive Person or group has no rights of any kind and actions taken against them are not punishable."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 1 March 1965, HCO (Division 1) "Ethics, Suppressive Acts, Suppression of Scientology and Scientologists"

Google "scientology+fair+play" if you think that this is a benign organization.

Well, here's a few quotes from the man himself-

"When we need somebody haunted we investigate. When we investigate we do so noisily always."

"People attack Scientology, I never forget it, always even the score. People attack auditors, or staff, or organisations, or me. I never forget until the slate is clear."

"So we listen. We add up associations of people with people. When a push against Scientology starts somewhere, we go over the people involved and weed them out. Push vanishes."

"ENEMY SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 18 October 1967

[sP = Suppressive Person a.k.a. critic of Scientology]

A truly Suppressive Person or group has no rights of any kind and actions taken against them are not punishable."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 1 March 1965, HCO (Division 1) "Ethics, Suppressive Acts, Suppression of Scientology and Scientologists"

Holly shit cult status!!!

WTF???

I honestly never gave these wackjobs two thoughts before this thread.

I mean, I always heard they were some crazy fake religion invented by that L. Ron Hubbard guy, but I serioulsly had no idea what they were about.

I remember when there used to be comercials for dudes books on TV all the time.

I beleive in freedom of religion and all, but these niggas is NUTS!

Are they gonna try and take over the world or something?

If so, then I have absolutely no problem with them being shut down just like any other crazy cult.

Even if it's on some Waco steez.

Fuck these noodles.

Guest shai_hulud

I don't want anyone to go fucking with their website, there's plenty of that happening tonight by people who know what they are doing.

Since it's raining, my cable is out, and I don't feel like drinking, I'm going to do some research and post the results here.

A good resource is http://www.xenu.net which is the site for Operation Clambake.

Your post reminds me a lot of my experience as a Jehovah's Witness. I was raised in the church, and a lot of these elements of scientology are present in the JW religion as well.

"Within the Church of Scientology, you are taught that Scientology is the one and only solution to all mankind's problems, and during this narrow window of opportunity in mankind's history it is possible to "clear the planet" (ie give everybody auditing) and save humanity from itself. Most other goals pale in comparison and anything that detracts from Scientology, or its expansion is in essence a mortal sin against humanity. This belief is strong enough to get people sign up the Sea Organization (LRH's private navy) on a billion year contract (ie you are in for the long haul... and not just this lifetime)"

It's the same thing with Jehovah's Witnesses. As a witness, you are taught that the Watchtower society is the "faithful and discreet slave" (otherwise known as the "faithful and wise servant" in most Bibles), meaning that they are the sole channel to God. Any kind of salvation and favor with God are impossible without following the doctrinal interpretations of the society. They also teach that the only goal a Witness of Jehovah should have is to preach the message to others as much as possible. All other ambitions in life come secondary. This is why there are no Jehovah's Witness charities, scholarships, or homeless shelters. They believe the earth will all be destroyed and that the only thing that needs to be done is get people into the Watchtower fold so they can survive Armageddon.

"Anyone who attacks the church is either a suppressive person..."

Anyone who disagrees, even if only privately, to the most specific tenets of the Jehovah's Witness faith (including the weird bits like the 1914 eschatology) is labeled an apostate and under direct control of Satan and the demons. People who publicly attack the church are often viewed as sinning against the holy spirit, the Bible's only unforgivable sin.

"There is a huge taboo against reading or discussing anything potentially negative or "entheta" against Scientology or the church, often the taboo will extend down to the point that you feel it is wrong to "think" about potentially negative things regarding Scientology.

Right in line with Watchtower teachings. Books and authors that disagree with the society's conclusions are labeled as "worldly," meaning that they are a product of a world ruled by Satan. Essentially, anything that doesn't agree with doctrine is wholly Satanic, automatically, no questions asked. Witnesses are constantly told to stay away from the internet and from "apostate" reading material, because reading such things will corrupt the mind of even the most faithful Jehovah's Witness.

"it drills into you the fact that Scientology "works" and "gets results" and that the only reason it doesn't work is due to incorrect understood, applied or "squirreled"

Everything that is taught by the society is "the truth." If wonderful things don't happen to you as a result of being "in the truth," then it is always your fault. You might not be praying enough, or you might need to be going out door-knocking more often. If you're not happy, you're not doing enough, period. Until recently and even currently on some occasions, those with depression were/are told that the reason for their depression is that something is keeping them from God. The solutions are to pray and read the Bible more.

"he did a purge of anyone within the church who he considered was not 100% loyal to him by declaring them suppressive and excommunicating them (members of the church are required to "dis-connect" and never again speak to someone who has been excommunicated)."

The same thing happened with Joseph F. Rutherford took over the presidency of the Watchtower society from its founder, Charles T. Russel, in 1917. He instituted the doctrine of "disfellowshipping." Those who are disfellowshipped are shunned by everyo

Read the rest of this comment...

http://yro.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=428834&cid=22175840

Guest shai_hulud

If you want to read up on the CoS (well, anything really) objectively, this is a great reference.

---------------------------

Carl Sagan's

Baloney Detection Kit

Based on the book "The Demon Haunted World: Science as a candle in the dark" published by Headline 1996.

The following are suggested as tools for testing arguments and detecting fallacious or fraudulent arguments:

Wherever possible there must be independent confirmation of the facts

Encourage substantive debate on the evidence by knowledgeable proponents of all points of view.

Arguments from authority carry little weight (in science there are no "authorities").

Spin more than one hypothesis - don't simply run with the first idea that caught your fancy.

Try not to get overly attached to a hypothesis just because it's yours.

Quantify, wherever possible.

If there is a chain of argument every link in the chain must work.

"Occam's razor" - if there are two hypothesis that explain the data equally well choose the simpler.

Ask whether the hypothesis can, at least in principle, be falsified (shown to be false by some unambiguous test). In other words, is it testable? Can others duplicate the experiment and get the same result?

Additional issues are

Conduct control experiments - especially "double blind" experiments where the person taking measurements is not aware of the test and control subjects.

Check for confounding factors - separate the variables.

Common fallacies of logic and rhetoric

Ad hominem - attacking the arguer and not the argument.

Argument from "authority".

Argument from adverse consequences (putting pressure on the decision maker by pointing out dire consequences of an "unfavourable" decision).

Appeal to ignorance (absence of evidence is not evidence of absence).

Special pleading (typically referring to god's will).

Begging the question (assuming an answer in the way the question is phrased).

Observational selection (counting the hits and forgetting the misses).

Statistics of small numbers (such as drawing conclusions from inadequate sample sizes).

Misunderstanding the nature of statistics (President Eisenhower expressing astonishment and alarm on discovering that fully half of all Americans have below average intelligence!)

Inconsistency (e.g. military expenditures based on worst case scenarios but scientific projections on environmental dangers thriftily ignored because they are not "proved").

Non sequitur - "it does not follow" - the logic falls down.

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc - "it happened after so it was caused by" - confusion of cause and effect.

Meaningless question ("what happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?).

Excluded middle - considering only the two extremes in a range of possibilities (making the "other side" look worse than it really is).

Short-term v. long-term - a subset of excluded middle ("why pursue fundamental science when we have so huge a budget deficit?").

Slippery slope - a subset of excluded middle - unwarranted extrapolation of the effects (give an inch and they will take a mile).

Confusion of correlation and causation.

Straw man - caricaturing (or stereotyping) a position to make it easier to attack..

Suppressed evidence or half-truths.

Weasel words - for example, use of euphemisms for war such as "police action" to get around limitations on Presidential powers. "An important art of politicians is to find new names for institutions which under old names have become odious to the public".

A little story I have regarding CoS.

Here in florida they have an entire TOWN or at least a section of it where they have their headquarters(?) or some major office. They have the cops in on it. They have this building where they LIVE THERE. Theyll have people standing out front as guards. Just standing. And at a precise time they go back inside just as another group comes out and takes there place.

Anyways. Ive ALWAYS wanted to drive by or dress up in a ninja or black power ranger suit with all my buddys and launch roman candles or bottle rockets at them. And just scurry away into the night.

ahhhh fuk.

too much reading here.

someone summarize this to me as if i was a 5 year old.

Scientologists are the craziest cult motherfuckers ever.

Even crazier than most of us previously thought.

And since they terrorize and/or sue the shit out of anyone who speaks out about them, there's this group calling themselves "Anonymous" who are waging war on them and spreading info about them anonomously so that they can't be tracked down and silenced.

And Shai's hookin up mad info on them on some Casek steez.

I hope they don't silence Shai.

Guest shai_hulud

Or not so anonymously.

I'm doing this because I never realized people were dying as a result of their actions.

All of this stuff is freely available on the web. I'm just compiling it.

Spies cannot be usefully employed without a certain intuitive sagacity; (2) They cannot be properly managed without benevolence and straight forwardness; (3) Without subtle ingenuity of mind, one cannot make certain of the truth of their reports; (4) Be subtle! be subtle! and use your spies for every kind of warfare; (5) If a secret piece of news is divulged by a spy before the time is ripe, he must be put to death together with the man to whom the secret was told.

- Sun Tzu quotes

Guest shai_hulud

Come on, guys. Go repost that shit elsewhere. People need to know the truth, and the only way they're going to find out is if people spread the word.

Here- [ATTACH]79074.vB[/ATTACH]

That's a .zip file of the first two posts I made in plain text. Download that and open it in a notepad, then copy and paste it as much as you want, wherever you want. Easy as pie.

OPCHAN copy 2.zip