gun thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I know, it's still going on and they have free shipping on orders over $50 rite naow. Only issue I have had with them is they take a while to process/ship your orders, but if you aren't in a hurry they are good to go.

get locked out of your account?

• 4 weeks later...

Can't blame the firearms mfg, it would be so expensive to cedar all those unique parts for just one state

I think this is exactly how the politicians wanted it to play out

There is a bill to outlaw 80% lowers being proposed right now.

Californians are more concerned with defending the rights of plants and animals than the states residents.

• 2 weeks later...

Copy/paste

"Using data reported by police to the FBI, the National Crime Victimization Survey reports that Americans used guns in self-defense 338,700 times over five years ending in 2011." -Patrik Jonsson, Staff writer / February 2, 2014

That is 67,740 time PER YEAR (on average) someone in this country uses a gun to defend their life. Total gun murders in 2011 per the FBI was 8,583. So per the ACTUAL FBI data, guns are 7.89 times (or round up to 8) more likely to save lives than take them.

Note that other surveys have estimated that the number of self-defense uses as much higher.

Most people pushing for more control on firearms are eager to dismiss everything stating that firearms actually help unless they themselves create the charts. Well here is ACTUAL FBI DATA. Anyone can go to the FBI website and look at their numbers listed out. I guess they will try to dismiss this too? You don't trust the FBI to list stats? Then who's data are you going to use???? As always you are free to cover your eyes, mouth and ears.

*gun murders

NOT gun robberies and muggings, non-fatal shootings, felony menacing/harassment, guns used in rapes or kidnappings or any other situation that a gun was used in a criminal manner that didn't end in death

The pro-gun-all-the-time side would come across as a lot less fucking stupid if they'd learn some basic logic.

Yea OP juked the stats in his favor for sure. Copy pasta to get juices flowing in here

Side note:

Went shooting with a buddy and his wife sat

His baretta jammed(double feed) and he froze like a deer in headlights. Panic!

i had to take the thing from him like a child and clear it... Why do you have this???

Req'd training ... Who would NOT agree that is a good idea? Same folks fist is talking about I guess?

I've had people panic like that who've been through training, I've seen some crazy stupid shit on military ranges from guys who have zero excuse to not know the most basic etiquette. ADs/NDs galore. Loaded weapons pointed in any direction but downrange...

Some people are just too stupid to use guns safely.

Also, that sounds like a beretta...

In the building I work at, there is a security checkpoint, not much different than an airport.

On a daily basis, there are people who try to take guns thru, because they forgot they had them.

I believe that they forgot they had them and were not trying to do anything malicious.

But it also makes me wonder how safe they are with those guns.

I have zero problems with people having guns, but to have a heavily armed society like we do, combined with the average level of intelligence, we should be having a national conversation about what we consider acceptable use/carry as a nation. We should not be letting a gun sellers lobby dictate to us what we need to do, so they can have their customers make more money selling guns.

Right now you can't even bring up the conversation without getting attacked by extremists.

Yea either side bringing it up gets attacked by extremists

It's a shame so many people can't budge an inch from their stance, if even just to hear another view open-mindedly. There is a common ground that can be reached. And practical laws can be put in place. But people on both sides want it 100% their way or nothing.... It seems.

Such a bummer it's prob gonna end up being politicians making a decision because the people can't sit and work it out.

It's like I have two groups of friends, one who have an issue w it and try to show me the light.

Never fails with this group, almost monthly someone's wife/gf tries to 'out me' as a gun owner so everyone can ask me questions. Super uncomfortable for me. It's just something I enjoy. I like seeing the improvement in my groupings every time I go. enjoy taking them apart, maintaining, putting back together. Don't ever want to use any to hurt another person.

Like everything else worth a damn, the idiots fuck it up for everyone else.

• 1 month later...

built my other lower

still need to find a CNC to rent for my 'paperweight'

where is eviltrailer? locked out im guessin. whats you new acct man?