gun thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Talking about shotgun v handgun for home defense today.

Dude just said 2 sheets of drywall will stop a 9mm.

This shit has to be erroneous.

You shoot a 9 and miss there has to be a chance you could blow away your roommate in the next room. (?)

don't miss=problem solved ;)

unrelated;

Anyone got any good websites i could look around in for savage 12ga accessories? i picked one up real

cheap and love the way it handles/fires, but i'd like to get a couple add ons for it. namely, the shoulder

strap swivels, a flashlight, and stock strap that'll hold extra rounds.

don't miss=problem solved ;)

unrelated;

Anyone got any good websites i could look around in for savage 12ga accessories? i picked one up real

cheap and love the way it handles/fires, but i'd like to get a couple add ons for it. namely, the shoulder

strap swivels, a flashlight, and stock strap that'll hold extra rounds.

Why yu on here asking questions like that when all you haveto do is call you buddy who can hook you up @ discount $

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got it as an individual, so I had to get the police chief to sign off on the paperwork, but thinking about going the trust route since I know I'm at least go through the process two more times. It took the police 3 weeks to sign off before I even sent it to the ATF, but most people I know have it done the same day or the next. I guess they have more important things to do. :/

As for legality, they are totally legal to own in 35 states. You just have to clear the criminal background check, do the paperwork (1 page which you attach 2 passport photos and 2 fingerprint cards to) and pay the $200 tax stamp to the ATF. Usually takes about 4 months to get approved.

Mandatory items for any AK variant: Molot style pistol grip and AK 74 style muzzle break. Ultimak gas tube rail if you plan to use an optic. That is just my opinion. There really is no middle ground when it comes to aftermarket parts for AK's. Its either junk or its good shit.

A guy from several forums was very interested in solving the AK optic problem and came up with this:

NMqr1.jpg

It attaches to the standard AK optic rail on the left side of the receiver and works with most 30mm optics (ie several models of aimpoints).

It allows for co-witnessing with the optic, and also allows for the dust cover to come off with the mount still in place so you can field strip the rifle without losing zero on your optic.

Most definitely on my shortlist of things to buy, and they have one which will support the aimpoint micros in development.

~$140

• 2 weeks later...

eh, no way 1911's should be relegated to the dust bin

i'll agree a first handgun should probably be a glock or something similar, but there is nothing wrong with a 1911 as long as you arent an idiot or a child and dont mind taking care of it. in fact i feel much 'safer' carrying a 1911 cocked and locked than a glock. i like the mechanical safety and light trigger pull. but im definitely a glock fan as well.