gun thread

i still do not know why you are you taking me as an AR 15 die hard in all situations. i have continually brought actual battle rifles into the equation and you still insist on talking about ar vs ak only. why choose between a pea shooter and a piece of shit when you can choose between a pea shooter piece of shit and a great weapons system?

it still seems to me you actually think that a 300 dollar 6 min gun is the superior of all firearms.

ruling out the m14 variants, fals, etc. for what reason i do not know.

i dont really know why there is such insisting on an AR vs AK debate alone. the calibers are different. 5.56 is a pea shooter. 762 x 39 is a pea shooter that is grossly inaccurate. 308 rules all these insignificant.

when i said this:

"he question for the average american is why on earth, (except for price issues) would an american choose to own a heavy, grossly inaccurate stamped steel semi auto carbine when they could choose from a myriad of other weapons, in much better calibers with much better workmanship with many more accessories and with the ability to adapt for a variety of uses. "

you seemed to think i was talking about an AR15.

i dont know how much more blatant i can be... battle rifles. battle rifles. battle rifles. win the day

which is why the AR AK debate is largely insignificant. they are what they are. AK's go bang and cant hit anything. AR's are highly accurate and will go bang if you maintain them, the round sucks as far as knock down power is concerned. but you seem to disagree with this analysis for some reason.

you defend the AR when you dont even support it therefore you are in a conversation that dosent involve you. if you want to argue with a .308 then enter one like M60E3 vs. PK or L96AW vs. SVT. .308 is a whole different class of round for rifles in a whole different class.

if all you want to do is argue with medium-large sized rifles then stay out of assault and intermediate sized rounds debates.

besides you complain that the ak is heavy, .308 rifles are just as heavy if not more. same round with more powder behind it adds weight plus the bigger size of the weapon itself.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
you defend the AR when you dont even support it therefore you are in a conversation that dosent involve you. if you want to argue with a .308 then enter one like M60E3 vs. PK or L96AW vs. SVT. .308 is a whole different class of round for rifles in a whole different class.

if all you want to do is argue with medium-large sized rifles then stay out of assault and intermediate sized rounds debates.

besides you complain that the ak is heavy, .308 rifles are just as heavy if not more. same round with more powder behind it adds weight plus the bigger size of the weapon itself.

im a defender of AR's for what they are for. you seem to be a defender of the AK for any purpose that requires a small arm.

sure a 308 rifle is heavier. they are also more powerful and better quality. i wouldnt want to ruck an AK in a situation that doesnt dictate its use just for the hell of it. if i dont want to carry a 308 weapon, i'll carry an AR.

if you cant include 308 battle rifles in the debate (which i think you said before the m14 was damn near perfect) because of caliber differences then the debate between a .223 AR and a 762 soviet AK also doesnt jive. why should we be forced to choose between john mccain and obama (same candidates basically) when a ron paul is the best choice?

i dont see why one keeps saying one platform is 'better' than the other. they are what they are. if i was going to be in insanely harsh weather, i'd want an AK and i'd sacrifice accuracy. this is highly unlikely for me in the US where i live. so i dont really have a need for a really reliable inaccurate heavy weapon. i can use a lighter, much more accurate, more versatile weapon system to suit my needs. i also own a few different pairs of 'tennis' shoes. i squat and dead lift in chuck taylors. i run sprints and jump rope in running shoes. i dont say 'one is better than the other.' i have different pairs of boots. i dont work on cars in asolo hiking boots, i wear work boots. and i dont hike in work boots, i wear asolo's. i dont say one is 'better' than the other, they are different shoes for different purposes, yet both are boots / tennis shoes. just like the AR and the AK are both 'assault' weapons

one of the main reasons why the US military went with a smaller weapon system with lighter powered rounds was to save weight and carry more ammo with less power than to have less ammo with more power. bad choice? depends what you are doing. my only argument is that if i was trying to find the most versatile set up that i can cover nearly all bases, i'd go with a 308 battle rifle of some sort. either an sr-25 type weapon, a m14 variant, or a fal of some sort.

im a defender of AR's for what they are for. you seem to be a defender of the AK for any purpose that requires a small arm.

sure a 308 rifle is heavier. they are also more powerful and better quality. i wouldnt want to ruck an AK in a situation that doesnt dictate its use just for the hell of it. if i dont want to carry a 308 weapon, i'll carry an AR.

if you cant include 308 battle rifles in the debate (which i think you said before the m14 was damn near perfect) because of caliber differences then the debate between a .223 AR and a 762 soviet AK also doesnt jive. why should we be forced to choose between john mccain and obama (same candidates basically) when a ron paul is the best choice?

i dont see why one keeps saying one platform is 'better' than the other. they are what they are. if i was going to be in insanely harsh weather, i'd want an AK and i'd sacrifice accuracy. this is highly unlikely for me in the US where i live. so i dont really have a need for a really reliable inaccurate heavy weapon. i can use a lighter, much more accurate, more versatile weapon system to suit my needs. i also own a few different pairs of 'tennis' shoes. i squat and dead lift in chuck taylors. i run sprints and jump rope in running shoes. i dont say 'one is better than the other.' i have different pairs of boots. i dont work on cars in asolo hiking boots, i wear work boots. and i dont hike in work boots, i wear asolo's. i dont say one is 'better' than the other, they are different shoes for different purposes, yet both are boots / tennis shoes. just like the AR and the AK are both 'assault' weapons

one of the main reasons why the US military went with a smaller weapon system with lighter powered rounds was to save weight and carry more ammo with less power than to have less ammo with more power. bad choice? depends what you are doing. my only argument is that if i was trying to find the most versatile set up that i can cover nearly all bases, i'd go with a 308 battle rifle of some sort. either an sr-25 type weapon, a m14 variant, or a fal of some sort.

the debate is AK vs AR. dont question why its ak vs ar. it just fucking is. if youre not going to pick either one the STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THE DEBATE. its as simple as that. its not AK Vs M1 its not AR vs M14 its AK Vs AR. thats the debate if you dont like it start youre own debate and stay out of this one. youre a typical american. getting your nose in other peoples business when its uncalled for.

the debate is AK vs AR. dont question why its ak vs ar. it just fucking is. if youre not going to pick either one the STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THE DEBATE. its as simple as that. its not AK Vs M1 its not AR vs M14 its AK Vs AR. thats the debate if you dont like it start youre own debate and stay out of this one. youre a typical american. getting your nose in other peoples business when its uncalled for.

hahaha, first off you negapropped me on a comment i made that had nothing at all to do with you or your specific view. a simple comment that is without a doubt true... that the AK is not as accurate as the AR platform nor as versatile. specifically in regards to adding high quality accessories and attachments with ease. without your negapropping, i had no intention of getting into the debate further in the first place. 'getting my nose in other peoples business when its uncalled for?' i thought this was the got damn gun thread where people ask questions and people talk shit about other peoples preferences.

if i have to choose between an ak and an AR, i'll take AR. i like quality. i like accuracy. i dont mind cleaning a weapon. but limiting the debate between these two weapons is silly.... because they are both for specific limited purposes. its like trying to limit an election between a republican and a democrat. the AK people always try to say that an AK can do anything, which it cant. and i fully acknowledge the AR cant do everything. im merely saying if i was looking for the most all purpose rifle, i'd choose a battle rifle of some sort.

and yes, i own an AR 15 platform and i do not own an AK platform. i clean my weapon, i've never had a malfunction, i can easily adapt this system to any need that this style weapon can handle. when i need more power, i pull out something bigger.

youre in others business by entering a conversation that desoent involve you if youre only going to preach battle rifles. the debate is AK vs AR silly as it is thats the debate like it or not get over it. my orignal question was AK Vs. AR not AK-47 vs AR-15 Vs FNFAL Vs M14, Vs AR-10. we limit it to the two becasue they are the contested cold war assault rifles. both issued to millions of soldiers of the two superpowers of the world. they arent armed with FNFALs or M-14s.

if you want to start a debate over AR vs. .308 or whatever oure trying to start then do it in a seperate context without replying to my posts which do not pertain to what you are starting.

To end the debate:

Either.

Both, when made by proven manufacturers (Izmash or Arsenal for AKs, Daniel Defense, BCM, Colt, Noveske for ARs) will prove to be reliable and suited to engaging man sized targets within 200m.

To quote someone else "The AK is not as inaccurate as people make it out to be, and the AR is not as unreliable as people make it out to be"

Buy one made by a quality manufacturer, and you wont be sorry.

• Like 1

To end the debate:

Either.

Both, when made by proven manufacturers (Izmash or Arsenal for AKs, Daniel Defense, BCM, Colt, Noveske for ARs) will prove to be reliable and suited to engaging man sized targets within 200m.

To quote someone else "The AK is not as inaccurate as people make it out to be, and the AR is not as unreliable as people make it out to be"

Buy one made by a quality manufacturer, and you wont be sorry.

i'll agree with this.

like i've said all along... they are what they are. pick either, learn it, run it, you will kill stuff. i wouldnt want to be shot with either

i just wanted it to be known i stepped into the debate hardcore when i was negapropped for a true statement, that the negapropper admitted was true. namely, AR's are more accurate than AK's.

it just seems silly to start one of the biggest debates in the gun world, negaprop someone then get mad when that person responds and refutes all the points that person made. when a can of worms gets opened, you get responses. its just how it is.

• 3 weeks later...

1911PKZ.jpg

I went and bought one of these today; Kahr 1911a1.

I was torn between the 1911 and 5 inch barrel beretta m9. Decided to go with the .45 for the stopping power.

But I'll be back for the m9 in the near future. Also picking up a mini 14 next week I hope.

• 2 weeks later...
Talking about shotgun v handgun for home defense today.

Dude just said 2 sheets of drywall will stop a 9mm.

This shit has to be erroneous.

You shoot a 9 and miss there has to be a chance you could blow away your roommate in the next room. (?)

buckshot will also penetrate interior walls

I wouldn't think 1" of sheet rock would stock a 9mm, that material fractures so easily I would argue that you could shoot through 6 or seven sheets at least. . . . especially if there is void in between no not hinder the momentum of the round. **much**