gun thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i was lookking into the springfield XD-40. any suggestions/advice on it?

Its entirely up to you dude. Go with what you like and what you shoot well. There's really no point in asking that kind of question on the internet, it only starts a pissing match/dick contest and goes nowhere productive. The best advice is to just do research and make an informed decision based on it.

• Like 1

I highly reccomend Ultimak. They are regarded as the makers of high end AK parts. Spend the money, you will thank yourself. If you visit the Primary Arms site, you will find that they carry Ultimak components as well and when you buy one of their Micro red dot sights you have the option to buy either or both the Ultimak gas tube rail and Ultimak railed forend at discounted prices. JUST DO IT. If you have an AK, the Ultimak parts will transform your rifle. Added to this, the Ultimak gas tube rail is the only optics mount for AK rifles which afford them true co witness of a red dot sight and your iron sights. Bear in mind thoigh that most lower handguards need to be modified to allow the gas tube rail its proper installation. There is one, the Choate black plastic lower handguard ($10) that is reported by Ultimak to fit their gas tube rail with no modding. You dont HAVE to use the Ultimak railed forend, but if you want picatinny rails to use with a vertical grip etc., you will want it. Its bad ass.

If you trim down your handguard do it slowly and grind FLAT. I ruined a Command Arms railed handguard with a Dremel tool. Remove very little material at a time and test fit every time to match the profile of the Ultimak barrel clamps. Tedious, but trust me on this one.

The Tapco mags are legit, and fit tighter than steel mags. Tapco is real hit or miss though. Dont outfit your whole rifle with their shit. The only things I have on my AK by them are the vertical grip, that mag in the pic, and the G2 trigger group that you get anyway when you buy a Romanian AKM so it can meet 922r standards. I have a pair of the clear Bulgarian mags, and they are great but take some 'break in' in the way of how they fit.

any future trips i take to the middle east ill try to pick up some orange and black bakelite mags and send them home. ill have a lil fourtune on my hands. im also looking for flat stamped steel mags. not with the ribs like most you see today.

pick some up for me too!

The flat steel mags are usually referred to as slab side, and can fetch a premium as well.

I'm not really into collecting magazines, but I'd like to have one of these Bosnian mags with the Fleur de lis

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLjsvJ7Sk3zWqzhS-ThgPbLTEPMqgAAERS7jsT-vNUCL6Gwj4vWg&t=1