gun thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Be much more interested in seeing the exotic stuff people have that isn't standard issue handguns that shoot all the typical sold out $2/rd ammo right now. 

My friends have been making their own barrels for a while now. 

I guess too bad for people that live under oppressive governments that they obey without question. 

• Truth 1

21 minutes ago, the.crooked said:

Not saying anything you don’t know, but a vandalism charge is drastically different than a federal firearms charge. 

that said, back to the things that go boom. 

Ppls preferred shotguns?

If you’re referring to threading a barrel, that wouldn’t be a federal charge since only CA has issues with it. At least for now. 

That being said, it’s been interesting to see how old precedents are cascading into the gun debate. Because CO told DC to go fuck regarding marijuana, followed by several other states... Then CA tells DC to go fuck regarding immigration, it now paved the way for states to tell DC to go fuck regarding gun laws. 

Montana becomes Second Amendment sanctuary, joining growing number of states fighting federal gun laws

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/montana-second-amendment-sanctuary-fight-biden-federal-gun-laws?_amp=true

cc: @Mercer (told you, you should have moved here)

• Props 1

On 5/7/2021 at 8:55 AM, the.crooked said:

Not saying anything you don’t know, but a vandalism charge is drastically different than a federal firearms charge. 

that said, back to the things that go boom. 

Ppls preferred shotguns?

got a Wingmaster used a few years back for $250(!). Bout to take the old girl on her second dove hunt (with me). She’s great... walnut furniture and buttery action. Got her as a steal for home defense about a decade ago, super rad to have the new hunting homies drooling over her. Just wish I kept the stock 28” barrel. I sold it on eBay about five years ago. Bought her for HD and copped an 18”Er and it felt silly keeping a long ass fluted barrel in the closet. I broke one of the gun rules : never sell extra parts!!!

11 hours ago, 71GTV said:

I’ve seen quite a few pistols posted here with red dot sights on the slide.

Admittedly, I know nothing about them. I do go to an outdoor public range on occasion, but it’s not usually a social event or atmosphere. That being the case, I’ve never seen one in person. So what’s the deal? Do you have to have your slide modified? I thought briefly about getting a G19.5 MOS - that would allow a red dot, yes? Once you add a red dot, can you still use the iron sights?  Do people use them for carry guns? Do you have to switch them on when you draw? What is the actual benefit of a red dot over iron sights? Are they useful at night? I’ve looked a few up online and they look to be expensive. I’m assuming this is one of those “you get what you pay for” things.

Some info or pointers to a good site to get info would be appreciated. I may never get one, but I’d like to know more about them.

You can get your regular slide milled to accept one or you can buy an aftermarket slide, brownells sells gen3 glock slides milled to take trijicon rmr. Many people carry them. Glock MOS is a good solution so you're not married to a specific optic footprint, but you should get an aftermarket mounting plate either by CHPWS or forward controls designs for best results. Generally holosun and trijicon are the most widely used, aimpoint has the acro optic which is nice but doesn't have great battery life. I've got a holosun 507, it has a shake awake feature which will turn it on when it moves otherwise you can keep it on all the time. Battery life on the holosuns and trijicons are in the 10s of thousands of hours 

Edit: full disclosure I have my holosun on a brownells slide but have not shot it yet. I have suppressor height sights on it so if the optic goes down you can still see the sights through the optic window

Edited by Qawee

6 minutes ago, CLICKCLACKONER said:

Heard the same thing.  do you know which model flashlight it was? @Qawee

I have seen photos of the larger one (pl2 I think is the model) which have exploded but if you search Google for "exploding olight" i found a guy on reddit who claims his mini blew up while he was shooting it, but there were no pics of that one

^^^ that's what I'm fucking talking about.  That thing is sick.... I went and looked up the specs on it.  Read a review that a guy said he liked the trigger they used in that so much that he converted his other AR to the same trigger.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/fostech-outdoors-echo-ar-ii-drop-in-trigger.html

OP takes forever to ship though.

• 2 weeks later...

“Must Remain in State” - haha for a minute I was thinking effective everywhere but solid win for Tx.  

You guys get all the good firearms related shit @Dirty_habiT - Nevada has some pretty relaxed regulations too.

Meanwhile my rifle is double locked, restricted to 10 rounds and the city I grew up in requires ID log for ammo purchase. 

My buddy just bought 77 acres - hoping to do some shooting soon. 

Edited by fat ralphy
  • Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Certainly a solid precedent. Hopefully other states follow, which is usually how this stuff happens. 

Whether guns or weed, I think it’s a good thing that states are reasserting their power and autonomy over that of central government. Hopefully it’s a trend that continues. 

• Truth 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Wasn't sure where I should post this story but it is gun related and so my question is.  What are they talking about with this 'red thing' on the back of the gun?

@KILZ FILLZ  @misteraven

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/01/30/man-accused-of-injuring-3-hpd-officers-in-midtown-shootout-to-face-federal-charges-documents-say/

Edited by ndv