gun thread

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

not sure if already posted, but got a .270 Remington bolt action for hunting from Grandpa (from when Remington was a shitshow)

Black non-wood (synthetic? Polymer? WTF) furnishing.

Very fuckin accurate.

Trying to upload these videos. My dad and his buddy got a night vision/thermal scope on this suppressed .308 and went hog hunting.

The scope had video recording too so I have the clips. Pretty High tech shit. Dads friend drove halfway across the state to pick up 2 of these scopes.

Trying to upload a clip now hold up

• Props 1

I like the longer shot on video pt.7, that one was my pops

my favorite part of that camera is it picks up all the thermal, so you can see the armadillo, the rabbit and other critters when they scram.

I think he drove halfway across Texas to pick those up from a seller. Badass Scopes, If I had more info I would share.

Meant to say "when Remington wasn't a shit show" because I have read horror stories on reddit from the newer rifles.

Edited by +plus+

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, diggity said:

novelty though.

LOL! Pass on that, but had mentioned to a couple friends that at some point I’d like to do a 12oz build. Probably an AR I’m thinking. Custom cerakote job, maybe some laser etching and just a crisp hand picked setup. If we had more momentum, maybe I’d even do a short numbered run. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 9:48 AM, misteraven said:

LOL! Pass on that, but had mentioned to a couple friends that at some point I’d like to do a 12oz build. Probably an AR I’m thinking. Custom cerakote job, maybe some laser etching and just a crisp hand picked setup. If we had more momentum, maybe I’d even do a short numbered run. 

With the amount of support 12oz has in the tactical community you might be able to swing a run of 25 lowers. Gucci gearheads would jump at it for pics on the gram

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RUNINE said:

With the amount of support 12oz has in the tactical community you might be able to swing a run of 25 lowers. Gucci gearheads would jump at it for pics on the gram

Wish I could, but not surer the momentum is quite there yet. As soon as I can pull it together, best believe I will. Though, now thinking of a collab to get a full AK build going.

Welcome back to 12oz man... Maybe you can help me breath new life into this private group: 

• Like 1

New class of firearms made by Franklin armory to sidestep CA gun laws named the Title 1. Not a rifle (no shoulder stock), not a pistol (too long and intended for two hand use), not a shotgun, not a machine gun (semi auto). So, no bullet button needed and grandfathered 30 rd mags are OK, so ive read. 

Hiccup is going to trying to buy from an FFL because they won't have an option to classify it on DROS. I think franklin armory created it to provide a blueprint for homebuilds to side step the infringing CA gun laws. Would need to use an unregistered paperweight lower, so I've read. 

Frustrating amount of loopholes for a law abiding citizen to jump through. 

franklintitle1-ammoland-600x196-1-600x390.jpg

franklin-title-1-solo-543x305.1571251924.jpg

5 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

New class of firearms made by Franklin armory to sidestep CA gun laws named the Title 1. Not a rifle (no shoulder stock), not a pistol (too long and intended for two hand use), not a shotgun, not a machine gun (semi auto). So, no bullet button needed and grandfathered 30 rd mags are OK, so ive read. 

Hiccup is going to trying to buy from an FFL because they won't have an option to classify it on DROS. I think franklin armory created it to provide a blueprint for homebuilds to side step the infringing CA gun laws. Would need to use an unregistered paperweight lower, so I've read. 

Frustrating amount of loopholes for a law abiding citizen to jump through. 

franklintitle1-ammoland-600x196-1-600x390.jpg

franklin-title-1-solo-543x305.1571251924.jpg

Wouldnt this fall under firearm? Like the other builds theyve done.  I threw a broomstick on my MK18 clone pistol under the "firearm" loophole. 

5 hours ago, misteraven said:

That fights been lost already. Better to put the effort towards holding the borders so the disease doesn’t spread. 

NRA has already cut bait too. Will be here exploiting the gray area for the sake of fighting the fight as best I can. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2019 at 11:03 PM, KILZ FILLZ said:

My lady’s lil sis is doing a multi month road trip

any ideas for a lil revolver for a small gal? Something in 38?

Budget is always the detail in question. Smith and Wesson or Colts are safe bets but for a pretty penny at $600+ unless it's like a 642 airweight.