gun thread

• 1 month later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 month later...

Contributing something to keep this ongoing. Have been getting some old gun mags, pretty much collecting old ads for guns/manufacturers of interest to me. Interesting to see some of the old ads/articles and how times have changed, or have not. Or that some arguments took a long ass time to settle. Either way, here are a few pics, I believe all of these are before 1970.

IMG_3822.thumb.JPG.463b678223b9bde18135fd95c4944048.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Saw the House passed a reciprocity bill right before the close of the year, still needs Senate approval.

Yeah, that shit got killed quick it seems. Also going to assume that with several states bucking federal laws (think marijuana legalization at the state level like CA and CO), I suspect that states strict on gun ownership would do their own thing regardless. Would definitely be a cluster fuck and to be honest I'm all for states rights and limited federal intervention, even if it does suck in this situation. I'll just stay put here in Montana and avoid some of those other places.

On that tip, Montana told the Feds to go shove in regards to the Real ID initiative so the Feds countered by saying our drivers license were no longer acceptable identification for federal shit. That includes TSA, so no good airports. Kinda funny even if this will be a pain in teh ass, but made me feel pretty good about the choice to move out here. http://nbcmontana.com/news/local/montana-drivers-licenses-not-real-id-compliant

Fresh shirt, Ha!

How did it go? Have they taken to it? My son really enjoys it and wants to go anytime I invite him. My daughter on the other hand hasn’t wanted to go. Obviously don’t make her, but it’s a bummer because I know she’s an awesome shot. Few years ago at a carnival she shot an air rifle and seemed to have a really great eye abd trigger control instinctively. But all the anti News has her shunning the idea of it before giving it a try. Hoping she ends up having some friends that hunt or shoot considering where were at and maybe that’ll open her up enough to give it a chance.

Fresh shirt, Ha!

How did it go? Have they taken to it? My son really enjoys it and wants to go anytime I invite him. My daughter on the other hand hasn’t wanted to go. Obviously don’t make her, but it’s a bummer because I know she’s an awesome shot. Few years ago at a carnival she shot an air rifle and seemed to have a really great eye abd trigger control instinctively. But all the anti News has her shunning the idea of it before giving it a try. Hoping she ends up having some friends that hunt or shoot considering where were at and maybe that’ll open her up enough to give it a chance.

It was my youngest's (7 yrs-old) first and only time so far. 3 days after this they shut down BLM land for the fire restriction season. She's too young to go to my local range, Scottsdale Gun Club. so It may be awhile before we go again. She digged it, knows the gun safety rules and trigger discipline. Guns are not a scary thing anymore, go figure. Taught my oldest to shoot when she was 7 as well (11 now). I take my oldest several times a year. Although it has been few and far between as of late. My oldest digs the AR-22 over pistols, go figure :)

@6Pennies Was actually planning to get a .22 long gun myself, though I'm thinking a classic bolt action rifle. Part of it is to try and mop up some of the ground squirrel population that's killing my fields, but also to see if maybe starting with that might be a way of opening the door for both her and my wife. Was planning to get a suppressor for my AR anyways and figure this would turn that .22 into something we could even plink with in the front yard. Also have a Sig MPX at my moms house brand new in the box that I got for a bargain. That and I thought HRC was going to win the white house and figured there might not be too many more days to get it. It looks mean, but being 9mm, it should be a really soft weapon to shoot. Also thinking I'll buy an upper and short barrel / rail, another suppressor I can interchange with my G17 and have 2 stamp gun that I can easily switch out between ultra compact and standard sized carbine.

My daughter on the other hand hasn’t wanted to go. But all the anti News has her shunning the idea of it before giving it a try. Hoping she ends up having some friends that hunt or shoot considering where were at and maybe that’ll open her up enough to give it a chance.

How old? May need a more interesting target. I'm sure some of those anti news people might consider taking shots at a Harvey Weinstein or Bill Cosby target.

Or, this:

funny-printable-targets-primary-accordingly-tactic.jpg.1b5c71c3f2f1c2c77ab62f46e656ce85.jpg

Recently got my lady to do a women's firearms course for a day. Started out .22 pistol/rifle and was then free to browse through an assortment of firepower brought by various instructors... know she shot a big game rifle and a S&W revolver. First time shooter, said she liked the S&W best because she felt like Dirty Harry. Can't be mad about that. Came in at the end and had her fire these before leaving (not mine), looked pretty sexy dropping 3 round bursts.

IMG_4551.png.966d40ba16e6eb80b9f43e6f686d2e2f.png

• Like 1

Crazy what full autos sell for. If I could go back in time I’d have hoarded a bunch or gotten into sales. Then again I’d have also invented Google, Facebook and put everything I had into mining bitcoin.

In any case, looks fun. Seen a lot of dudes come through class with full autos just to sort of show off and have fun. Usually they’ll let you throw your upper on it and dump a mag or two. Fun stuff, but definitely see why they’re aren’t standard for most military.