Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i think that's the point. i don't know about everyone else but i don't have my gun around to "handle beef" or some such bullshit. for the most part it sits in my closet in the event i feel i need to kill someone who poses a threat to me, my lady and our well being. if you fit into that category then i'm concerned with stopping you and hopefully not getting your dumb ass all over my house in the process...having a fair fight or coming off as a pussy definitely isn't in the equation.

outside of that primary reason, i really enjoy shooting and hope to start hunting sometime in the near future.

ps - as long as we don't have a grip of morons flashing their gear around i don't see how this is a problem or even remotely "hot". in fact i think your brass knuckles are the most illegal thing this thread has seen so far. thanks.

Well put, Mr. Boogs

this is a ring pistol. how bad ass this would be if we had it now. this was from tha 1800's

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes....Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

---Thomas Jefferson

Ive always hunted and done sport shooting. Its always been something I really liked. Ill see if i have some picks on my computer.

there is a used m82a1 on snipershide right now with cleaning kit, mags and goodies for like 7300.

you can get the .50 single shot barretts for 3000 all day long at gun shows. while .50's are awesome, the barretts are only 4 minute guns. 2 moa gun, w/ 2 moa ammo. that is fine and good, but to use the gun and the round to its fullest, you must hand load. 4 moa at 2000 yards? thats like 80". that is a horrible group for precision.

which is why im saving for a .408 chey tac.

and getting the new rem. 700 p style .338 lapua mag.

why does everyone on here like handguns and little sub machines? you need battle rifles people, battle rifles!

Hi-point 9's are complete CRAP...

They even look stupid, and I would not bank my life on one.

tryn9mm2.jpg

the only handgun i would bank my life on is the one i had in my pocket at the time i needed it, which would only be a 1911, glock or hk usp tac, maybe a smith and wesson revolver. in any caliber that starts with a 4.

to paraphrase the great jeff cooper...

a pistol only used to fight your way back to your rifle.

the first rule of gun fighting is to have a gun. preferably 2. and all your friends who have guns, and lots of ammo. if you can choose what you want to bring to a gun fight, make it a battle rifle and as many friends you have that have them.

Since that doesn't really strike me as a hunting rifle, what would be the point of owning one?

I think I asked this before in some other thread, but I'll ask it again. I want a gun that's good for home defense but also good for recreation shooting. Preferably one that uses cheap ammo. What should I look for?

get a remington 870 shotgun for home defense. what type of recreational shooting? high power long distance? hunting? you want semi auto?

if you want something cheap and reliable, with cheap ammo, get something like an sks (somewhat reliable) or ak (perfectly reliable) ammo is cheap and it will eat that cheap ass wolf steel cased ammo like nothing. you could kill a deer with an sks, but i wouldnt use it for such. i want more precision. i wouldnt let price bother you. buy the best once and you'll only cry once. im not rich enough to be able to buy things twice. guns are like money in the bank that you can play with in your spare time. you cant blow up propane tanks with cash in the bank. guns always hold their value and many tend to go up in value, especially when our beloved legislators pass various laws banning certain features and firearms.

i want to own large caliber weapons, simply because i want too. with it, i can shoot through junk engine blocks, shoot targets at insanely far distances. in fact the new guinness world record was set with a chey tac .408 with a group of 16" at 2300 and some odd yards. that is serious shooting.

not to mention, a .50 cal, or .408 or .338 lap mag along with other various obscure big calibers, can ultimately be used for your survival. if the day ever comes where the US is invaded by foreign crazies or if the government is unleashed against americans, .50 bmg's and other high power weapons will be the patriots best friend. they are anti personnel rifles. can shoot insane distances. and can literally blow a person in 2 throwing limbs hundreds of feet. any thing to make it so you live one more day, i say, is something worth owning. one man with a .50 cal and a couple thousand rounds could hold back a whole lot of infantry men at an insane distance.

• Like 1

Those 870's look niiice :) :) :) Do they come in semi auto?

both%20Remington%20870%20After2.jpg

I generally shoot sporting clays and trap for recreation using my dads benelli semi auto, that thing is smoooth. An AK would be something I'd want except whenever I go to the gun store to browse the only AK-47's I see look really beat up. I'll look into a SKS rifle though, thanks for the advice.

You know of any e-bay like sites for guns?

gunsamerica.com

gunbroker.com

auctionarms.com

no, the 870's are just pumps. i had a chance to get 3 of them last year that were police department turn ins for 180 a piece. i only got one, but i should of hopped on the other 2.

benelli's are pretty doggone sweet.

not sure, but the 870's might have interchangeable barrels. otherwise look into the mossberg 500. you can swap barrels and stocks pretty easy. get a long barrel for skeet and put on the 18" when its sitting beside your bed. dont forget a good flashlight or a surefire on the foregrip.

dont want to be shooting your brother at night.....lol

so why does everyone hate guns with the interoir safety pin? like the ruger sr9 even if your gun jams its super uber obvouse that your not gonna break your gun down in the middle of a fight, only gun field strip you gun when relaxed and safe? it seems to me like there should be an obvouse answer that im missing yet i dont know the answer?????

p.s. any feed back on a sr9? good or bad

one man with a .50 cal and a couple thousand rounds could hold back a whole lot of infantry men at an insane distance.

yea until the ac-130 specter gunships light ol homeboy and his crib up with the gatlings!

your right.

but all i need to do is point to the insurgent movement in iraq to show that a handful of people can hold down the the US army in iraq, with limited resources, on their own territory. i'd imagine that if only 1% of the US gun owning population (approx. 750K) stood their ground against a foreign enemy or a domestic enemy, and if this group was equipped with battle rifles in 7.62X51, instead of inaccurate ak's with pea shooter rounds, or even accurate m4's/m16's, with pea shooter rounds, the war would be unwinnable for the invaders. aside from nuking the whole damn country.

wait.........so some of you guys carry handguns?

for protection? is your life really in danger that often that you decide to carry a gun?

im just curious.

wait.........so some of you guys carry handguns?

for protection? is your life really in danger that often that you decide to carry a gun?

im just curious.

I carry my gun every single day, not on my hip at all times, but yes, always.

I don't feel there's a sniper watching me, but I do live in a city that has one of the highest crime rates in the country. Maybe that's due to the open carry laws here, but nonetheless, I will not be a victim.

Vanfullofretards, the Winchester 1300 is actually nicer, IMO, than the 870.

870_pair.jpg

"wait.........so some of you guys carry handguns?

im just curious."

do you wear a seatbelt in your car?

or a life preserver on a boat?

A guy a know got carjacked at SKS point about 2 years ago, made him drive into the counrty and then kicked him out in the middle of nowhere. I got my concieled weapons lic shortly after and have carried ever since. I hope I never need it but its there if I do.

ive been shooting a 30 ought 6 lately. at first i was not that interested in rifles but after shooting that thing i loved it. also after watching rambo 4 i got pumped up when the guy had the .50 sniper rifle.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now