gun thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

just got a thomson center penn hunter carbine muzzle loader, ima go blow the fuck outa some shit this sunday, if i can even manage to hit anything with the amount of powder i wanna use. not to much where i will blow it up, but more than enough to get it there.

i enjoy goin way old school from time to time.

ya my dad had taken care of it immaculately when i was a kid and now that i finally am old enough he is slowly sending me the years of firearms i received as birthday presents.

he got me loaded up every accesory except a decent cleaning kit. i honestly dont plan on shooting it much but its cool looking. ha ha.

twenty first birthday is coming up soon, so stoked to be adding a handgun to the arsenal. what can i get for around 400 ? i want a forty five and decent home protection...

^LOL COMMENTED THE SAME SHIT @EXTERNAL THREADING

AS FAR AS TURNING 21 AND BUYING A PISTOL.

GET A NICE REVOLVER OR A GLOCK 9MM

SOMETHING YOULL OWN FOREVER.

HOME PROTECTION, .45?

:lol::lol:

HOME PROTECTION = SHOTGUN, THE HANDGUN YOU KNOW BETTER THAN YOUR WIFE'S PUSSY.

NOT YOUR FIRST PISTOL AND NOT A .45

BLOW AWAY YOUR LITTLE SISTER IN THE NEXT ROOM CAUSE THE WIND WAS BLOWING TOO HARD.

Right now I've got an AR, Spas12, and a Marlin .22, so home defence is covered(meaning the size/strength of the pistol isn't a concern) I used to have a sig p226 9mm but it got stolen (ironically enough) so i've been looking for a solid pistol. At first I was just looking for something to fuck around with and tried to buy a tech9 but the deal fell through so I've been looking at glocks a lot, but at the same time I've always loved the look of 1911's. So should I just pick up a glock? or save up and get the 1911 I've always wanted?

Yes, I'm sure I could just read through this thread and find enough info to make a decision, but I'm busy at work(ha ha).

1911's are a little more technical and finicky... glock is point and shoot. both are good as long as the 1911 is a good brand

unless you are a .45 fan, probably the best all around reliable handgun is a glock 23 for most people.

1911 fans hate the 'no safety' of a glock and the hard trigger pull. glock fans hate the safety on 1911's and dwell on reliability issues. i like both types personally

i'd rather have the single stack 1911 than a high cap 9mm glock. i prefer stopping power and that is why i only like handguns in a caliber that starts with a "4"

not to sound gruesome, but the only reason Rep Giffords is alive (and thankfully so) is because she was shot with a 9mm.

but arguing about handguns is pretty insignificant to me. they are what they are. side arms. the last resort. you GET caught in a fight with a handgun, you GO to a fight with a rifle.

i dont think you can go wrong with a 22, 21, or a 23 or even the smaller models if you mostly carry concealed. i sort of pick the 23 because its big enough to easily handle, but small enough to carry concealed with ease.

if given a choice though, i'd personally go .45 not because im against .40 but because i have atleast 5K rounds of .45