--THE-BEAUTIFUL-GAME--

RumPuncher

yeah I'm fairly into it, I have to get my weekend fix.

I'm a Gunners fan (Arsenal) they are going pretty well but there was a bit of a fight between Adebayor (Who is a fairly decent player btw) and Bendtner (Young kid looks pretty promising) hopefully that will all just blow over we got belted by Tottenham in the Carling Cup but were still equal top so who gives a fuck sort of.

We have the A-League down here in Australia the skills are pretty poor hopefully it gets better as time goes by...

Hopefully we can also qualify for the world cup... Tim Cahill has been in some really impressive form as of late and Kewell is back from injury so that's a plus we gotta make it we have to

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I think Pinup pops in every once in a while

Hopefully we can also qualify for the world cup... Tim Cahill has been in some really impressive form as of late and Kewell is back from injury so that's a plus we gotta make it we have to

the Aussie's were a nice surprise last time around the

edit: any thoughts on Euro 08 ????

Zidane eager to return to football

Sun, 13 Jan 2008 00:55:35

Zinedine Zidane says he is looking forward to a return to the world of football, but has not decided in what way he should do so.

"I have no goal but coming back into football, I would like that," he told L'Equipe Magazine weekly in a rare interview released on Saturday, but added, "Then, in which way, how, I don't know."

Zizou retired after the 2006 World Cup final in Berlin, where he was sent off for headbutting Italy's Marco Materazzi.

"I would have liked to go out in a different way but it's done, that's the way it is," he said about his bitter experience in Berlin.

"I'll have to put up with it for all my life. Having to talk about it over and over again is irritating. That's why I don't like giving interviews," he added.

The 35-year-old son of Algerian immigrants won the 1998 World Cup with France on home soil.

"Talking about it 10 years later still gives me the shivers," he said, adding "I was 26 and we had the best team in the world - it was extraordinary. To share that with millions of people was magic."

Zizou said after his retirement, he was involved in a project to create a sports complex for the children in Marseille, the city where he grew up.

AKM/HAR

----please please please

Here's news:

Canada's getting the Gold Cup.

it could be a rumour, but it's a great rumour!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the States host it every year don't they? Considering Mexico and Central America already have the facilities in place it would be strange for them to move it to somewhere that doesn't. But it would be great if it did come here. Especially with the success of the U-20's, we showed that there's definitely a demand for top competition.

Speaking of, here's some pictures from the U-20's:

Vancouver:

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

Not the best seats in the house but fortunately all of the action was at our end. The first ones are from Zambia VS Jordan, for some reason I can't find the rest from Spain VS Uruguay...

Victoria:

So we get a call one day from my girlfriend's Aunt. It turns out her uncle was the main man in charge of the tournament in Victoria. So we got free tickets, great seats, nice swag, and some good matches to boot!

Zambia VS Uruguay:

DSCF0022.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

CARDACCIOOOOOOOO! (Just signed for Lazio)

DSCF0018.jpg

Nigeria VS Japan:

DSCF0034.jpg

DSCF0044.jpg

DSCF0046.jpg

DSCF0041.jpg

This entire roofed section was full of Nigerian supporters. They were dancing and singing and playing instruments for the entirety of both games, as well as afterwards. I don't think the people from Victoria had ever seen anything like them.

DSCF0026.jpg

Just thought I'd share. Maybe when I'm bored I'll post up some from the last World Cup.

I am from Brazil but do not follow much the football becase I do other things. Yes it is nice when world cup comes around but these guys do not pay my bills. I enjoy when it is on but really if Brazil lose, it does not afect me so much..Especialy if they did not pay well. I do not have a TV so I need visit my friends house if we watch the games.

Im big into football, I got seasontickets for my city's team, I see all their home games and follow them on international aways. I also play myself, for the last 28 years.

And I travelled for both the World and the European Cup finals.

No other game is equal.

ARSENAL

I have a season ticket and go to every home game. I saw us play BFIM's team Newcastle. 3-0.

Good times.

Chanting "WE PAY YOUR SPONSORSHIP" as they are sponsored by Northern Rock.

Michael Owen is still a midget And Gael Clichy is better than Ashley Cole.

This is the view from my seat.

:)

488504700_94387e8377_b.jpg

shit man that aresnal/tottenham game was nuts, never thought tottenham could hand out a pasting like that but then again berbatov (sp?) has been on fucking fire this season.

for me, Rooney and Ronaldo are completely destroying shit. if United have either or both of them on the pitch the game is pretty much over. there's been some good matches this season, being from Nottingham i'm loving the fact that Derby are getting relegated, haha.

and not to offend you MLS fans on here, but no league in the world can touch the Premiership.

just to keep things interesting, here's some fucking awesome goals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8pkxWOeEMU - Eric Cantona.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJDvStgfAOg - Matt Le Tissier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IahllrSge_8 - All Time Premiership best goals.

just a couple of things i stumbled upon through youtube.

I've been a fan of the game for my entire life as my dad was a referee in our city when i was a kid and i played for 7-8 years but never really followed any teams because, well, hockey was the game to play in my city and they werent even showing games on tv when i was a kid (or at least they werent on the 3 free channels we got). I follow whenever i can but but yeah... i'm trying to get more into it

This past summer my roommate was this english dude who was a liverpool supporter. we would go and catch matches when they were in the Champions league finals.

Because i've never been to Europe, i wasnt aware just how all encompassing the football culture was until we found a bar that was just for Liverpool supporters here in Vancouver. Most fun ive had watching sports of any kind in my life. Standing room only, proper fans that shouted a guy wearing a Chelsea jersey out of the bar and threatened to stab him if he came back.. too good.:lol:

So I guess im a Liverpool fan by default.

I'm sure a lot of you have seen The Football Factory, I found out taht dude from that show hosted a show about the firms all around the world. Interesting stuff.

The Real Football Factories - London

Scotland (first part)

Italy (first part)

Holland (this ones for you Reuben Kinkaid) (first part)

Theres a Brazil one that I can't find anymore and a bunch more on youtube.

LIVERPOOL was given the fright of its life by Havant and Waterlooville yesterday, before beating the non-league side 5-2 in an astonishing FA Cup fourth-round tie at Anfield.

The part-timers from the Conference South, six divisions and 123 places below Premier League Liverpool, twice led the Reds.

But a hat-trick by Liverpool midfielder Yossi Benayoun denied Havant the biggest upset in the cup's 137-year history.

Havant, which normally plays in front of about 600 fans, stunned the 42,000 at Anfield when Richard Pacquette put the visitors ahead after eight minutes.

Liverpool equalised in the 27th minute when Brazilian Lucas Leiva scored with a 30m shot, but Havant was back in front four minutes later when an Alfie Potter shot took a deflection off Reds defender Martin Skrtel.

Benayoun levelled in the 44th minute before making it 3-2 with his second in the 56th minute.

The Israeli completed his hat-trick before striker Peter Crouch made it 5-2 in the 90th minute.

Havant manager Shaun Gale was a proud man.

"You have dreams and beliefs and we came here today and thought we might get something," he said.

"We knew the enormity of the task, but to be twice in front at Anfield takes some beating. It would have been nice to go in 2-1 ahead at halftime, but my lads have been magnificent today and I am proud of them. It has been a fairytale."

Holder Chelsea reached the last 16 with a 2-1 win at Wigan, while Arsenal beat Newcastle 3-0 at the Emirates Stadium.

Middlesbrough advanced with a 2-0 win at League Two Mansfield Town, but Derby lost 4-1 at home to Championship struggler Preston North End.

so some common guy with a day job scored the first goal against Liverpool at Anfield.

Could you imagine that? His city should build him a giant bronze statue