--THE-BEAUTIFUL-GAME--

RumPuncher

My only fear is that they rushed choosing a new one, much like they did with McLaren. No disrespect to Capello, I think he's a fantastic manager and I really do hope things work out, but I still feel like they should have done everything possible to get Mourinho. He just seemed tailor-made for the job.

In other news, I'm off to Amsterdam next week. Hopefully I can score some tickets to the Ajax-PSV match (and not get my head kicked in).

apparantly he has tax "issues" as well...dodgy bastard!

id love to be going out to dam...

*sighs*

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
all's I know is that if Brasil doesn't grab the next world cup the universe is going to implode. hopefully the last FIFA humbled them a bit and they'll go into it hungry. regardless, win or lose, it's still the best team to watch play the sport.

lets be clear. FUCK BRAZIL

NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!! for the win

thats cool. see I wouldn't know that about you unless I knew you, but it just seems (and I think some people will agree with me ... ) that 80% of the time people who are brasil fans are only football fans every four years. my comment wasn't directed at you specifically, it was just a generalization. I'm an England fan because thats where my family is from.

maybe I'm doing a bad job explaining this. brasil are just like the manchester united of international football, the team 'everybody' knows.

no doubt brasil is a high profile team, and with that comes a lot of noobs jumping on the bandwagon. but then again, isnt that good for the sport? granted a good portion will only come back every four years to watch FIFA, but a few might really get into the game and watch it regularly. then again, brasil really is fun to watch, and few other teams show the same type of grace on the field. dudes look like they're half dancing when they play.

So Rum what do you make of TFC's draft picks?

I think we scored HUGE with Julius James. That guys could be the next Mo Edu, but better!

Plus it's good to get a solid defensive end, which we now have in spades.

sidenote:

there's a tourney in Charleston SC mid-march. I'll be there.

I meant to watch this but I missed it ... how did it go ?

some video footage:

http://www.southsidejumpers.org/med...raft_2008_1.mov

http://www.southsidejumpers.org/med...raft_2008_2.mov

So the guy who everyone thought was going to go first, Toronto picked up 7th. Good for them.

Internationally.... Holy shit Arsenal!

and who said AJAX? I know a few feyenoord guys and they are crazy!

Western Canada needs an MLS team.

Vancouver came close for '09. But there's a requiremnet now that expansion teams have to be able to build their own stadium. People here keep protesting the location of the planned one here, so they have to sort that out first.

Vancouver would be a great place for an MLS team. We have probably the biggest ex-pat population in the country, and there are huge Croatian, Serbian, and Persian communities. Plus all of the South Americans that come here for school, and we all know the Japanese jump on every bandwagon they can.

Seattle got the team for '09. That'll definitely be good for a few road trips.

Vancouver is all about the olympics. Montreal could have a team before them.

Hell..... the Montreal Impact draws more fans that some MLS teams. Just cut off

the USL patch and add a new one.

Everyone heard the Drew Carey thing about the Seattle team right?

General Manager's will be elected every 4 years by the ticket holders.

How crazy is that? Crazy like a fox!

yeah my dad has it too

it doesn't matter what day or what time of day I go over to my parents house but they are showing something...

I was trying to remember the name of it earlier, I thought Setanta might be showing the african nations stuff

I do need to get it but me and my brother are too cheap for anything other than the basic cable

They made it to the Final in 1998 and were sent home by the greatest #10 ever.

yes..... ZIDANE!

Maradona2.jpg

o rly?

also regarding people supporting brasil, if you're brasilian you have the right to follow them as much or as little as you see fit. every country in europe and s. america has shitloads of half steppers that only get interested in football when the world cup starts.

hey Blood Feast, your team is crap this year whats going on???

Just kidding man, just kidding, my team isn't doing as well as they should be either...

But I don't think Newcastle should've sacked Allardyce after only 24 games .... they should have at least given him a season or two ...

On another note, I'm pretty fucking pumped. I'm going to get to play again soon! Found out a local mens league is starting up real soon.

^

I don't understand what basis sportsnet decides which game to show on saturday mornings.

it's always either arsenal or chelsea

didn't they used to show 3 games per saturday last year? or am I crazy?

Sportsnet gets basically the shit game on the televised Saturday lineup. As mentioned before Setanta broadcasts the premium games (actually they broadcast every game, though on tape delay).

Hopefully TFC can make the playoffs next year, as it will mean more night games. I dunno why but I enjoy watching a game at BMO field much more at night.