--THE-BEAUTIFUL-GAME--

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
and the fact that a 6th tier team was tied at the half...? WOW! just WOW.

A good friend of mine is coming back from a Brit Football trip in a day or two.

She got to see a match at Anfield, and also watch her beloved Queens Park Rangers win (not over Liverpool, duh)

qpr are being run into the ground by the majority shareholder who really does not give a fuck about the club in anyway. I forget his name but it's the same guy that owns wasps rugby team.

yeah Tevez is playing hella good this season, i've been impressed with Ryan Giggs too, but then Ryan Giggs always does impress.

did no one peep those youtube links? there's a matt le tissier goal that fucking owns anything i've seen this season in there somewhere.

also to set the record straight, Fifa video games are fucking wack. you don't know shit unless you're playing pro evo. real talk.

LIVERPOOL was given the fright of its life by Havant and Waterlooville yesterday, before beating the non-league side 5-2 in an astonishing FA Cup fourth-round tie at Anfield.

The part-timers from the Conference South, six divisions and 123 places below Premier League Liverpool, twice led the Reds.

But a hat-trick by Liverpool midfielder Yossi Benayoun denied Havant the biggest upset in the cup's 137-year history.

Havant, which normally plays in front of about 600 fans, stunned the 42,000 at Anfield when Richard Pacquette put the visitors ahead after eight minutes.

Liverpool equalised in the 27th minute when Brazilian Lucas Leiva scored with a 30m shot, but Havant was back in front four minutes later when an Alfie Potter shot took a deflection off Reds defender Martin Skrtel.

Benayoun levelled in the 44th minute before making it 3-2 with his second in the 56th minute.

The Israeli completed his hat-trick before striker Peter Crouch made it 5-2 in the 90th minute.

Havant manager Shaun Gale was a proud man.

"You have dreams and beliefs and we came here today and thought we might get something," he said.

"We knew the enormity of the task, but to be twice in front at Anfield takes some beating. It would have been nice to go in 2-1 ahead at halftime, but my lads have been magnificent today and I am proud of them. It has been a fairytale."

Holder Chelsea reached the last 16 with a 2-1 win at Wigan, while Arsenal beat Newcastle 3-0 at the Emirates Stadium.

Middlesbrough advanced with a 2-0 win at League Two Mansfield Town, but Derby lost 4-1 at home to Championship struggler Preston North End.

so some common guy with a day job scored the first goal against Liverpool at Anfield.

Could you imagine that? His city should build him a giant bronze statue

Havant and Waterlooville isnt too far from where i now love and work, and fuck me the atmosphere was good in the entire region.

to score 2 goals in front of the kop is the dogs bollocks. i liked the kop fans giving them a standing ovation too....plus they were guests of honour at Man Utd the following day.

big up the part timers!

I just watched Arsenal kick Newcastle's ass 3-0 AGAIN!!

Is it wrong to assume that Adebayor is the next Drogba?? I'm telling you the kid can knock headers in like it ain't no thang he can dodge and can have a decent crack great player.

For me Flamini was man of the match not only was he at both ends of the ground all day he also set up Adebayor's goal and cracked a MONSTER in himself

Clichy, Fabregas (scored a great goal too), Hleb, Sagna (fucking like this kid), Flamini, Adebayor, Diaby all had great games our midfield is killing shit at the moment we also have Rosicky (who was injured) and Gilberto to throw in there damn..

Also I don't know what it is but I seem to prefer Bendtner up forward over Eduardo don't get me wrong Eduardo is good he has got a deadly foot on him but it seems as if Bendtner is smarter or more skillful or someshit the guy has more presence up forward and seems to contribute more to the team but I spose only time will tell in that battle and when Van Persie is back who knows what will happen.. Anyways couldn't really be happier with the team right now it's just fucking Man UTD. We have to worry about Ronaldo has to stop scoring at some stage jeez

fans to buy Liverpool?

By Bill Wilson

Business reporter, BBC News

Liverpool's refinancing includes a sum to buy new players

Liverpool supporters are to launch an ambitious plan to buy the football club from its current American owners.

US tycoons George Gillett and Tom Hicks recently finalised a £350m refinancing of the club which they bought in 2007.

But the Share Liverpool FC Group is to reveal plans for a buy-out of the club by 100,000 Reds fans around the world.

The model proposed will be a Barcelona style, "member-share" scheme, aimed at raising £500m to purchase the club from its US owners and build a new stadium.

------

Can the fans succeed in their bid to take over the club?

As well as UK-based fans, a website will be launched to attract interest from Liverpool's supporter base around the world, particularly in East Asia.

Club refinancing

Those behind the move are football business lecturer and Liverpool fan Rogan Taylor, former director of communications at the Premier League Phil French, and lawyer Kevin Jacquiss - an expert in launching co-operatives.

"The time is right to offer a different solution to the rising concerns that football fans have about the patterns of ownership developing at our major football clubs," said Mr Taylor, who is director of the Football Industry Group at the University of Liverpool.

Full details of how the fans' group hopes to buy the club will be revealed later on Thursday, although the initial figures seem to suggest an investment per supporter of £5,000 each.

Thousands of Liverpool fans have already demonstrated their dissatisfaction with the current state of affairs

Rogan Taylor, Share Liverpool FC Group

Many Liverpool supporters have been unhappy at the recent uncertainty surrounding the refinancing of the club.

After much delay, and reports that either one or both of the owners was willing to sell a stake to Dubai's DIC, a refinancing deal was signed last week with the Royal Bank of Scotland and US bank Wachovia.

Tom Hicks confirmed to the BBC last week that of the £350m refinancing package, £105m of that will be debt tied to the club.

Of that total, £45m will be used for future player transfers and to meet the club's working capital needs, and the remaining £60m is thought to be free for start-up money for a new Liverpool stadium.

However, some supporters are unhappy about debt being placed on to the club, and there is also a perception that the owners' support for manager Rafa Benitez has not been as strong as it might.

Debt burden

"Thousands of Liverpool fans have already demonstrated their dissatisfaction with the current state of affairs," said Mr Taylor.

"Large amounts of debt often devolves onto clubs newly purchased, but the fans know that in the end, it will be they themselves who will have to pay it off through increased ticket prices and other schemes.

All looked rosy when the US duo took over in early 2007

"In such a case, why not simply buy the club yourselves?"

He said that many fans were unaware that there were other ways of financing and taking ownership of big clubs.

Mr Taylor said that in Germany and Spain most top-level football clubs were not for sale as they were owned by many thousands of "member fans".

"The Champions League has been won on six occasions in the last 15 years by clubs owned and run in such a way," he said.

Barcelona, which won the Champions League in 2006, is owned by its 100,000 fan-members.

Stadium plan

Earlier this month a survey carried out by the Liverpool Supporters' network showed that 76% of 2,000 fans questioned said they would "seriously consider reducing their financial commitment to the club" if the current owners stayed in charge.

When asked to choose between the owners and the manager as to who had the best interest of the club at heart, 99% backed Benitez.

However, Tom Hicks and George Gillett have insisted that they are fully behind manager Rafael Benitez.

They also say the club plans to build the 71,000-seat venue close to Anfield in Stanley Park in time for the 2011-12 season.

you'd want to own a piece of litterpoo?

just playing. I really like the idea of some accountability.

The new MLS team that's coming to Seattle will have a vote system

to elect their General Manager. I know Drew Carey is bringing a lot

of cash into the franchise, and he insists that the fans have a say

in the running of the club. I dig that idea.