--THE-BEAUTIFUL-GAME--

RumPuncher

Tell me I'm not the only one who follows European Football in here?

• Anyone follow the MLS in the states?
  • See that Liverpool match a while back?
  • oh.... anyone else totally hooked on Fifa'08?

oh here's a dumb question: Anyone actually play the game?

I've been playing in a co-ed beer league every week and I have

to say that soccer girls rank only slightly below tennis girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb7C_pKF8bc

^ here's a fun little video of some people giving Blanco a streamer shower.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I try and follow Toronto FC a little bit

I only really follow the premier league and I'm a devout Liverpool fan, have been since the age of 5 or 6 when I first started watching 'soccer saturday'

I've played for about 18 years, I'm trying to find a gentlemen's league around here to play in but so far i've had no luck

I know reuben is a shef wed fan, but I heard he's a huge chelsea fan too

here's how it works in the MLS.

the MAX one player can earn is $300K because the salary comes form the league and not the team.

Each team has one exception called 'The Designated Player' who gets the 300K from the league

and whatever else the team wants to pony up. Beckham is getting millions from the team,

but they are paying for his branding, which will earn hundreds of millions.

all's I know is that if Brasil doesn't grab the next world cup the universe is going to implode. hopefully the last FIFA humbled them a bit and they'll go into it hungry. regardless, win or lose, it's still the best team to watch play the sport.

I have a hard time taking brazil fans seriously because they seem like fisher price my first football team to me

even though they are completely balls as of late, I'm through and through England

I know you're joking, but I've never been so offended in my life! Even when Rummy called me a Spurs fan!

haha .... busted

I know you're joking, but I've never been so offended in my life! Even when Rummy called me a Spurs fan!

the yids are doing ok at the mo...

they smashed the gunners 5-1 in the carling cup semi final the other day. 1st time they beat arsenal at home in over 20 years or something.

all's I know is that if Brasil doesn't grab the next world cup the universe is going to implode.

They made it to the Final in 1998 and were sent home by the greatest #10 ever.

yes..... ZIDANE!

there's a great flick on the cultural context of soccer in brazil called 'Ginga'.

I know Nike distributed it when they did that Joga Bonito campaign. It's worth finding.

I have a hard time taking brazil fans seriously because they seem like fisher price my first football team to me

even though they are completely balls as of late, I'm through and through England

haha .... busted

i'm half brazilian and spent nearly every summer vacation there growing up. hence, the interest in brasil.

They made it to the Final in 1998 and were sent home by the greatest #10 ever.

yes..... ZIDANE!

there's a great flick on the cultural context of soccer in brazil called 'Ginga'.

I know Nike distributed it when they did that Joga Bonito campaign. It's worth finding.

they graciously sent me a copy of that along with a really cool package. os gemeos did a lot of the visuals for the nike campaign during FIFA and for those that don't know... we broke os gemeos is 12oz issue 6 back in like 1998.

i'm half brazilian and spent nearly every summer vacation there growing up. hence, the interest in brasil.

thats cool. see I wouldn't know that about you unless I knew you, but it just seems (and I think some people will agree with me ... ) that 80% of the time people who are brasil fans are only football fans every four years. my comment wasn't directed at you specifically, it was just a generalization. I'm an England fan because thats where my family is from.

maybe I'm doing a bad job explaining this. brasil are just like the manchester united of international football, the team 'everybody' knows.

to be able to effectively communicate with your players I'd say it is!

edit: this guy has a reputation of being a hardass. so he's going to be screaming at the players in italian, and they won't know wtf he's ranting about until a translator gets it across to them.... what, is the translator going to have to scream and shit too ... or ?

wtf is up with the FA giving Copello the job?

that fucker can't even speak english.

My only fear is that they rushed choosing a new one, much like they did with McLaren. No disrespect to Capello, I think he's a fantastic manager and I really do hope things work out, but I still feel like they should have done everything possible to get Mourinho. He just seemed tailor-made for the job.

In other news, I'm off to Amsterdam next week. Hopefully I can score some tickets to the Ajax-PSV match (and not get my head kicked in).

wtf is up with the FA giving Copello the job?

that fucker can't even speak english.

Desperation. Every new head coach the FA picks is made out to be some Godsend who's going to take England all the way to the top in every tournament known to man. But after Sven and Steve, they just seemed desperate to get anybody in there. So, now it's Fabio.