change the color of your car instantly

El Vergudo

came across this...

seems like nissan wants to implement this...

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/design/paramagnetic-paint-changes-color-at-the-touch-of-a-button/

One of the hardest decisions when picking a new car is choosing the right color but the day when cars will be available in multiple colors could be here sooner than you think. Scientists have developed a new coating called ‘paramagnetic’ paint that has the ability to change colors at the touch of a button. One carmaker looking into the technology is Nissan, which has already developed a self-healing paint.

Before the vehicle is painted, a special polymer containing the special ‘paramagnetic’ iron oxide particles is applied to the car’s body. An applied electric current then adjusts the spacing of small crystals within the iron oxide particles and therefore affects their ability to reflect light and change color.

The process is perfect for metal objects like cars because a continuous small current is needed to maintain the desired color. When the vehicle is switched off, the car returns to a default color of white.

The coating has the ability to reproduce any color visible to the human eye and it takes less than a second to change the entire car. The first commercial applications could be on the market as early as 2010.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you know. that may not be that hard to alter....i say after 2 years of that being around, motherfuckers will be able to fuck with the firmware on it and play full motion videos on their cars as they drive... not that it'd last long before someone hits a gas tanker because of it and then they fuck it up for everyone, but shit that'd be cool for however long it'd last

I think it'd be distracting as fuck if I was driving down the road and the guy in front of me kept changing the color of his car.

You know whats comming right?

Wait for it....

Oontz OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ!