Official Grown ass Man Thread

Poesia [ ] T

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh shit I remember those. I was in like 2nd grade though I think or some ridiculously young age. I had badass neon colored ones and like Batman jawns.

they banned them from my elementary school in Albuquerque when i was in 4th because kids were using them as a weapon. mark Mcgill,Steve Siaz, Tommy Guerrero, DannyWay, Pat Duffy and the list goes on.....

Damn i know im a grown ass man when im still at work, alone everyone left at 6 pm its 9:40 Pm..

Just Prequaled a Client in case your wondering if you got a 760 fico score Stated income 20% down on a 750K house. Your payment on a 30 year fixed loan would run you about. 3743.22 Dollars plus insurance of about 80.00 bucks a month plus taxes of about 781.00 dollars a month leaving you with a principle and interest payment of 4604.22.

Im headed home to get on my couch and oontz some more...............

yep i'm definitely a grown ass man... left the nest at 18 and never looked back

pay all my rent and bills.

rent is over $1800 a month (1500 sq. foot 2bed2bath), car insurance, cellphone, internet, cable, utilities (gas/electric/water), and still got a lot left over after expenses

i got VA medical so that shit is free

Guest shai_hulud

alvasmith.JPG

That's the skateboard I learned how to skate on when I was 12 or 13. I think I was riding Indys and Powell Freestyles. No plastic, that shit just got in the way.

Mostly I rode these from late '87 till summer of '89-

nataspanther.JPG

-then switched to these, and started riding Spitfires-

RB.jpg

Then when I turned 16, I started smoking pot and listening to reggae, and that cut into my skating time. Eventually, my skating time cut into my pot smoking and listening to reggae time. So, I quit skating till I was 18, when I learned how to multitask.

I found this quote on the newspaper years ago...

"This is maturity: To be able to stick with a job until it's finished; to do one's duty without being supervised; to be able to carry money without spending it; and to be able to bear an injustice without wanting to get even"..

Yeah..sum like that..

When you put it that way, I was mature at the age of 16.

I think there's a little more to maturity though, personally.

i did my first acid drop on a skateboard in 1984. it was on a variflex.

i too remember the great space coaster theme song, as well as the theme song to night court (which was pretty much just a bass line and horn).

does anyone remember watching 3-2-1 Contact? i believe this was on there:

180px-Bloodhound_Gang_Title.png

also, does anyone remember a show from the early days of HBO called "braingames." it was a kids show, and it always ended with: "Braingames, is now.....over"