THE WRITERS FORUM OVER THE YEARS...

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in rough numerical order:

TEEN_14.JPG (which remains one of my favorite names ever. along with 'cuban nipple crisis') was just on here the other day.

i do not ever remember arguing with you pistol.

secret 'outed' me for fucking a fish, however in the background, she was fucking herself with a snake. there wasnt another backfiring like that till just the other day. epic status.

i remember 12oz when it was that staggered message board shit, where you'd have a 'thread' then all the replies would be staggered beneath it. i believe thats the black/green board KOH posted about, but i dont remember exact colors. this was probably 97/98ish

IF ANY THING NEEDS TO BE SPLIT UP ITS BRICK SLAYERS, MAYBE INTO GEO. REGIONS, EAST, WEST SOUTH,NORTH WEST, ECT.......I HATE TO SEARCH THROUGH 2 OR 3 PAGES OF POSTED TODAY SHIT. AND A MUCH NEED TOY SECTION............OTHER THAN THAT I LIKED THE BOOTY CONTEST, AND THE IDEA OF WINNING STUFF.

Guest shai_hulud

Let's see.

I remember the olive green 12 oz. when the main page said, "We're currently under construction, so please enjoy the forum in the meantime". Then there was the white scheme (ugh), then the gray. I don't recall green on black.

I remember casek getting banned by smart, then coming back and arguing with him...then Smart saying, "fine, you can come back, but not as casek." Which didn't seem to work out the way Smart planned.

I remember talking with everyone the week after Katrina and realizing that our country was fucked.

I remember a lot of the old 12 oz. heads. Makros was cool...he/she/it should make an encore.

I remember Mainter showing up and thinking, "Wow, this guy knows his stuff, but he can't type for shit." Which hasn't changed much.

I remember coming back last November to a lot of changes and feeling out of place. Come to think of it, I'm still adjusting.

the story mams told once about his dad partying all night with him, being a precision dentists in the morning, but throughout the night mam's mamms woke up to mam's dad blacked out pissing in the fan as it fanned back on her. such a good story, i've retold this story as one of those "this forum i go to, this guy..." type of ways. close to one of the funniest things i've ever read on here.

i remember the staggered board, and every single change until the current.

all the old names and characters of this place. it cycles with new people, new popularity, etc.

what i think was the most striking to me is when the forums became color coded, red, orange, yellow, green, etc. a really simple design code that i thought was super effective.

i think the blogs are great to. i dont check them through this site, but through a rss reader, yet i enjoy those i'm subscribed to and when they do update. ha, i even corrected a mislabeled photo on a kr blog and he emailed back.

although not particular to the forum itself, i always thought the aka book series is a really great thing. the subjects, the design of the books, the top of the line printing quality, and the success of them is a great addition to the idea of the 12oz media.

i also enjoy the idea that i've been able to keep the same single name since i've registered initially without ever losing it due to all the changes and problems. losing a massive post count or name reputation was never an issue for me though.

i remember when raven hardly posted.

i go through my phases. sometimes it's weeks, but it's been months or even a year or so at a time where i get distracted or too busy or whatever. obviously, i've been on here a long time...

i saw teen_014.jpg on just the other day. i know they're still around.

the kaws chomper thread was epic. definitely a thread ahead of it's time and still relevant today. i remember even telling him about it and then later talking and laughing about it with him when he started joining in. someone should start one of those back up.

i remember futura stopping by on occasion in some of the brickslayers threads. i also remember when marc ecko stopped by to make comments in one of the ecko criticism threads.

good times...

I remember the bombed out van on the first (?) page.

I think I logged in the first time in 2004 and got instantly hooked by the amout of flicktures and exotic freight culture/kabar

At one point if something cool or new happened, you could read it from ch.0 instantly. That's what I liked: news filtered by minds alike

i

the kaws chomper thread was epic. definitely a thread ahead of it's time and still relevant today. i remember even telling him about it and then later talking and laughing about it with him when he started joining in. someone should start one of those back up.

really, you want another thread dedicated to kaws? ha.