Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
misteraven

THE WRITERS FORUM OVER THE YEARS...

reading some of these threads (like 12oz lurkers Slients Watchers) sort of reminds me of all the changes this place has gone through over the years. i remember when people were against the 'quick reply' feature cause everyone thought it would ruin posts with clutter if it were made so easy to reply. even further back, there was a big back lash against splitting up channel zero, and now i'm always reading about how packed this place is (wondering if i should break things up more). just this morning we added more stats to the bottom of the forum index and did away with the invite system. anyhow, i was just reminiscing a bit.

what were some of the big changes you remember? what's been the best (and worst) so far?

discuss...

My memory was

the advent of

Google oner

"Bootleggin' the adwords"

and the colourscheme changes but I don't remember the really old days

i've been here for about a year. i don't think i've seen too much change, but i thought the invite factor was a good idea. now i'm curious to see how things change without it again.

Everyone is watching the Football games. Im pretty new to the site, i remember coming on her in like 2002 to talk to Joker and the guys but lost my password and never came back. Now im pretty addicted.

From what i see there are alot of class struggles cliques and such and that might be why alot of the lurkers don't contribute much. I try to stay in all parts of the site, but so many people stay in there part of the site its weird.

The elitist though sometimes are rough on even the regular posters.

I been here for three logo changes and two forum layout changes, plus the advent of the blogs and such. i can't i liked or hated anything but i did think it was cool when we were able to choose our forum colors before they switched back to darker colors.

friend made this account and posted a bunch of stupid shit the first month or so, then since nobody liked him he gave it to me. havnt logged on since january of 2006.

good to be back

I was too baked back in the day to remember the old 12oz.

I know it looked different though.

i remember that 'TheWritersForum' handstyle logo

I cant remember the old colour schemes too well, i feel like its always been grey?

the bike photo on the old homepage

CHRIST PUNCHER ONER

when mero was merojuana and would make long ass posts about "leaks in the basement"

the dude with psoriasis

PMB and El Mammero mega threads

...those are the ones that stand out

He/She went back to their time to tell the people of the future that their means of communication though pictures has failed on us

the best thing?

banning lens and eastbay; and the newer more stream-lined layout is probably the best thus far.

worst?

the invite only thing, because I think it got to the point where nobody knew who to send invites to.. making it rather boring.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now