THE WRITERS FORUM OVER THE YEARS...

misteraven

reading some of these threads (like 12oz lurkers Slients Watchers) sort of reminds me of all the changes this place has gone through over the years. i remember when people were against the 'quick reply' feature cause everyone thought it would ruin posts with clutter if it were made so easy to reply. even further back, there was a big back lash against splitting up channel zero, and now i'm always reading about how packed this place is (wondering if i should break things up more). just this morning we added more stats to the bottom of the forum index and did away with the invite system. anyhow, i was just reminiscing a bit.

what were some of the big changes you remember? what's been the best (and worst) so far?

discuss...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is watching the Football games. Im pretty new to the site, i remember coming on her in like 2002 to talk to Joker and the guys but lost my password and never came back. Now im pretty addicted.

From what i see there are alot of class struggles cliques and such and that might be why alot of the lurkers don't contribute much. I try to stay in all parts of the site, but so many people stay in there part of the site its weird.

The elitist though sometimes are rough on even the regular posters.

I been here for three logo changes and two forum layout changes, plus the advent of the blogs and such. i can't i liked or hated anything but i did think it was cool when we were able to choose our forum colors before they switched back to darker colors.

the best thing?

banning lens and eastbay; and the newer more stream-lined layout is probably the best thus far.

worst?

the invite only thing, because I think it got to the point where nobody knew who to send invites to.. making it rather boring.

yo, you need to edit the user stats.

dirty_habit definitely does not have 37k posts.

dlush does not have 21k.

those were fuck ups from the big change over last time.

like jay z, i am currently leading the league in atleast 3 statistical catagories.

not that this needs to be backed up, but it is in fact true... i remember when it happened... i think theres even a thread or two about it.....