12oz lurkers Slients Watchers

Poesia [ ] T

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i lurk so much on ch0. just lurk, no posting. i've been doing it for years. i am probably as in depth as most of the people here to all jokes, comedy, daily drama, people,etc, yet never post enough to make a name or impact.

it kind of weirds me out though since i dont participate in this but i know whats going on because i look in ch0 a few times a day. i find myself typing a response to a bunch of threads, then just pressing the back button and not ever partcipating.

the social clique-ness and social hierarchy of this forum is funny to me.

This is pretty much me. Right down to the half-written posts that I back out of.

Been lurking since 2001. I think I followed (e-stalked) Mams here after the freestylesession.com and bboy.com boards turned to shit.

This is a board for writers and I don't write so I don't post so much.

Also, as the post count and e-fame is so low, I know that should I post something that I think is funny, it has to be A-grade bust your gut and pee in your pants funny or else I will be barraged by a bunch of FAIL replies from dudes who have been here for 6 months and have 1,500 posts.

To be honest, I wouldn't have it any other way. :D

underwater basket weaving? ive only heard one person say that in my life, next to you. is it from a movie or something? or just a "known" saying? I could have sworn it was made up by my high school guidance counselor.

i was under the impression it was another way of referring to a joke-elective

like physical education courses in college (my friend took badminton; prime example)?

sounds like underwater basket weaving-material to me...

funny, i also had envisioned people in scuba gear weaving baskets at the bottom of a pool

underwater basket weaving? ive only heard one person say that in my life, next to you. is it from a movie or something? or just a "known" saying? I could have sworn it was made up by my high school guidance counselor.

----------

Underwater basket-weaving is a process of making wicker baskets which involves dipping reeds or stalks of plants into (or, as the name suggests, under) water and allowing them to soak. This process will provide a very supple and flexible reed which can then be woven into a basket. The baskets then will be allowed to dry and provide a sturdy container.[citation needed]

[edit]Other uses

Underwater basket-weaving is also an idiomatic example of a "really easy" college or university major or class at any level. The term also serves as a humorously generic answer to questions about a college degree. Example: "What kind of degree do I need to get this job?" "You can have a degree in underwater left-handed basket weaving as long as you have your piece of paper."

This generic term for an undecided major first arose during the Vietnam War era to describe the sorts of majors that many young men, who would otherwise not have entered college, undertook to escape the draft. See also: Mickey Mouse degrees.

----------

What did we do before wikipedia?

out of curiosity, to all those who lurk, or dont post much but have pretty old join dates. what keeps you from checking in to 12oz and posting? work, school/university?

when i was at university i found i had much more time to drop in and post. once i got a job i found myself away from the computer more and with less free time... nowadays i always seem to check the the forums out every time ive got a bit of spare time though.

For me, there's nothing stopping me from joining in..but I don't come here to do that.

My job involves me auditing large companies and giving feedback on their accounting systems and processes. This includes checking the data in their systems for any anomalies. It's interesting as hell (to me), but I spend all day with a bunch of IT people who have a "particular" type of humour.

I come here because it's good to check out some of the shit that comes from (mostly) creative minds. Completely different type of humour - refreshing as fuck when you've spent all day pretending to laugh at Mac vs PC jokes.