To all of you that paint in freezing conditions... {now with flicks}

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jpuddle.jpg

^^^ 5inches of standing water, 33 degrees and rubber boots.. where's my trophy?

I'm having my agent call you! You owe my royalties on this! What do I look like to you?(besides an idiot that stands in flooded freight spots just to catch a panel) A fucking model on a photo shoot? You owe me!!!

You want a trophy for 33 degrees and a puddle?

How about 13 degrees and standing on mirror-smooth ice that was level with the top of the rail?

I've done e2es in -20 wind chill, when the condensation dripping out of my mask froze into an icicle beard against my jacket.

I've done high floaters between lines standing on snowdrift that went higher than the bar.

I've marched 2 miles one way through 2 feet of snow to reach the ambush spot, because quite frankly, the cops weren't going to follow me even if they could clearly see the footprints.

I've painted in situations so cold that the cans lost almost all pressure and the paint came out in weird soft patterns, or like confetti.

With a few exceptions, y'all are a bunch of pussies.

How about 13 degrees and standing on mirror-smooth ice that was level with the top of the rail?

I've done e2es in -20 wind chill, when the condensation dripping out of my mask froze into an icicle beard against my jacket.

I've done high floaters between lines standing on snowdrift that went higher than the bar.

I've marched 2 miles one way through 2 feet of snow to reach the ambush spot, because quite frankly, the cops weren't going to follow me even if they could clearly see the footprints.

I've painted in situations so cold that the cans lost almost all pressure and the paint came out in weird soft patterns, or like confetti.

You didnt catch the sarcasm here, i just got back from the yard... not too bad tonight, just barely below freezing and no snow in sight.

Re: To all of you that paint in freezing conditions...

Wut if youre hitting a BNFE?

i;ve found in the winter for some reason the armn's just build up a lot more exterior ice the bnsf ones are not nearly as bad. Doesnt make any sense since they are basically the same cars minus who owns them

Wow. That sounds cool.

But srsly. I don't mind the cold myself it personally doesn't bother me. But when it affects my piece, than it's kinda retarded painting when; as soon as the paint hits the air it instantly freezes or its so cold that there is no warm air for the paint to dissolve and in turn you have runs in your piece that keep running until the run freezes. If not wanting to paint in conditions that doesnt make a quality piece make you a pussy, than I guess I am. But some people care more about quantity than quality so go figure.

That ice scraper trick worked for me many times. Also, if you want to avoid the aerosol freezing in your cans, take a few hot water bottles and throw em in your bag with a towel and it keeps the paint warm. its been -15 to -20 all along here so fuck canadian winters.

You did all that for a train? :lol:

too bad in the end when its caught later in the warm months somewhere that never sees snow, no one will know your troubles