2008 MLB Season.

DrUnKpUnCh

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth. I doubt we'll make it to the playoffs, but i can only hope. And i love watching the Twins regardless. My favorite Minnesota team, with the Wild in a close second. At least they're tearing it up this season. Not to take this off topic, but the Wild win against the Red Wings last week was fucking epic.

i havent really watched any minnesota hockey since the northstars ( :lol: ) i've heard the wild are pretty entertaining to watch though,

i agree, the twins are the best when it comes to Minnesota professional sports, i didn't even bother paying attention to the timber wolves this year.

My Predictions (pending injuries)

AL East

Red Sox

AL Central

Tigers

AL West

Angles

AL Wild Card

Indians

NL East

Phillies

NL Central

Brewers

NL West

Dodgers

NL Wild Card

Cubs

AL Champs

Red Sox

NL Champs

Brewers

MLB Champs

Take a wild fahkin guess

Ok now some of you are just delusional..

The only teams in the N.L. that stand much of a chance are the Mets, and the Dbacks, right now.. and thats barring injury on both teams.. Now if some of the other N.L. teams went out and got a Bat (dodgers!) some pitching (almost everyone else) or a combo of both they might stand a chance, but otherwise no way they are going to win the series...

As far as the A.L. goes... the tigers look fucking sharp, they pulled off a coup getting willis and cabrera while everyone was focused on santana and they have a healthy rogers coming back this year, the indians look sharp, though not as sharp as last year, they still need a couple holes filled. The angels, look good, but still not in the same league as the Sox or Tigers, and the yankees, well they just look like shit, and are going to fail...

So the Red Sox outmatch the tigers right now, even without getting santana (which I think is a horrible idea, I don't think he is worth the long term deal.) and we have by far the most clutch performers in baseball...

So yeah red sox nation... we winning it again in 2008...

Jeebus people, it's not whether you win or lose... it's how drunk you get!

Umpire : You can't leave first until you chug a beer.

Any man scoring has to chug a beer.

You have to chug a beer at the top of all odd-numbered innings.

Oh, and the fourth inning is the beer inning.

Chief Wiggum : Hey, we know how to play softball.

• Like 1

So the Red Sox outmatch the tigers right now, even without getting santana (which I think is a horrible idea, I don't think he is worth the long term deal.) and we have by far the most clutch performers in baseball...

So yeah red sox nation... we winning it again in 2008...

You have a few clutch performers but I wouldn't go as far to say "the most in baseball." The new editions to the Tigers team are going to make them tough to beat. Winning it all in '08? Yeah, okay.

You have a few clutch performers but I wouldn't go as far to say "the most in baseball." The new editions to the Tigers team are going to make them tough to beat. Winning it all in '08? Yeah, okay.

Beckett... papelbon... ortiz... manny... schilling.... Okajima....

Do I really need to keep going down the list...

I said that the tigers are going to be tough.. but they are just outmatched by the sox, willis is going to need a year to adjust to the A.L., his era has rose the last few years, and the A.L. is tougher on pitchers since we have the DH....

I mean if you want to bet on it.. I am down... Cause the sox are going to DOMINATE the tigers all year long...

Quote:

Originally Posted by PLEZO1SON (View Original Post)

im down. i got all the doods on the roid list. nuff said.....i win.

to think about it, that team would be nuts.

actually there wouldnt be any nuts right?-----nh

Beckett... papelbon... ortiz... manny... schilling.... Okajima....

Do I really need to keep going down the list...

I said that the tigers are going to be tough.. but they are just outmatched by the sox, willis is going to need a year to adjust to the A.L., his era has rose the last few years, and the A.L. is tougher on pitchers since we have the DH....

I mean if you want to bet on it.. I am down... Cause the sox are going to DOMINATE the tigers all year long...

Beckett-maybe, Ortiz-sure, Schilling-Getting OLD! There's no way he's going to be able to keep pace. Manny Ramirez has been an issue for the team for the last few years. I don't doubt that Boston will be in contention, but they aren't going to make it to the World Series. I'm down to bet, for sure. The Red Sox have become everything they hate about the Yankees.

Beckett-maybe, Ortiz-sure, Schilling-Getting OLD! There's no way he's going to be able to keep pace. Manny Ramirez has been an issue for the team for the last few years. I don't doubt that Boston will be in contention, but they aren't going to make it to the World Series. I'm down to bet, for sure. The Red Sox have become everything they hate about the Yankees.

Wait the red sox became everything that they hate about the yankees... so you mean vetran players, young players, a great farm system, the most diehard baseball fans in america... Oh what you just mad cause we winning...

Ok but yeah lets bet..

20 cans of montana says the sox make it to the series while your tigers don't....

And I will bet that the sox take the season series from the tigers as well they play seven games, 3 at fenway in april and 4 at detriot in may...

and manny has been nothing but great for the sox... schilling still can pitch clutch games... he is a vet who knows how to pitch in big games...