World's Largest Building/City in a building

Q666

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Dubai is getting their shit together economically to make the crown prince and pals rich after the oil dries up.

They tried to buy the main NYC shipping docks over in Jersey but people were too scared they were gonna blow shit up.

They ain't gonna blow shit up, peep their city. They have indoor skiing and all kinds of shit there now to boost tourism.

Paradise if your rich.

dubai%20ski%20finished.bmp

arton230.jpg

Palm tree island (all ready built) :

5-4.jpg

palm-island.jpg

Palm%20Island%20Dubai%20UAE1.jpg

Map of the world island (all most finished):

dubai-project-the-world.jpg

The hotels:

Arabian Towers

towers.jpg

Trump Tulip Hotel

trump_tulip_hotel_in_dubai.jpg

Wait, what the fuck, I thought Norman Foster was gonna be working with Borat on the Kazakhstan city-in-a-building thing:

khan_entertainment_02.jpg

khan_entertainment_01.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6165267.stm

I gues he bailed out of that one.

Anyways, fun fact about Dubai:

Dubai's gross domestic product as of 2006 was US$46 billion. Although Dubai's economy was built on the back of the oil industry, revenues from oil and natural gas currently account for less than 6% of the emirate's revenues. It is estimated that Dubai produces 240,000 barrels of oil a day and substantial quantities of gas from offshore fields. The emirate's share in UAE's gas revenues is about 2%. Dubai's oil reserves have diminished significantly and are expected to be exhausted in 20 years.
I don't understand how the fuck it continues to develop more and more with less and less oil revenue. The amount of money being spent there is completely insane, I don't understand how there's enough ultra-rich people in the world to fill all these mega-expensive hotels at the same time year-round, and would love to know just what the hell all these developers and investors see in this place. Shit's gonna be like Disney World mixed with Detroit when all of this starts falling apart.

I haven't heard anything about that underwater hotel they were planning, wonder if that's still on the table.

354px-Burjdubaiaug92007.jpg

The Burj Dubai in Dubai UAE.

when its finished it will be 800m (2624feet). the offical final height is still a secret, because they dont want competing buildings to beat it. and its apparently its being constructed such that they can make it even taller, just to beat the competitors

Abu Hurayra said that the prophet ( peace be upon him ) said that : A sign of the hour (day of judgement) is that you will find barefooted, destitute goat-herders competing with one another in the construction of magnificent buildings ) column 001, Book 002, Hadith Number 047.

Abu Hurayra said that the prophet ( peace be upon him ) said that : A sign of the hour (day of judgement) is that you will find barefooted, destitute goat-herders competing with one another in the construction of magnificent buildings ) column 001, Book 002, Hadith Number 047.

so go tell your brothers in faith that they are doing bad things

Dubai is getting their shit together economically to make the crown prince and pals rich after the oil dries up.

They tried to buy the main NYC shipping docks over in Jersey but people were too scared they were gonna blow shit up.

They ain't gonna blow shit up, peep their city. They have indoor skiing and all kinds of shit there now to boost tourism.

Paradise if your rich.

dubai%20ski%20finished.bmp

arton230.jpg

Palm tree island (all ready built) :

5-4.jpg

palm-island.jpg

Palm%20Island%20Dubai%20UAE1.jpg

Map of the world island (all most finished):

dubai-project-the-world.jpg

The hotels:

Arabian Towers

towers.jpg

Trump Tulip Hotel

trump_tulip_hotel_in_dubai.jpg

Dubai is already in the future, populated by baller-extraordinaires, without oil. Oil constitutes somewhere between 3-6% of their GDP. Go there to time travel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Dubai

Did they mean to make this look incredibly phallic?

Is that island nutting into an atoll?

This looks nothing like a palm tree.

"Yeah man, I live on this island that looks like a cock blowing a load in some slut."

THATS baller.

I would get so sick of living on that congested man made dick looking island.