Thank you = you’re welcome?

the_gooch

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes my politeness has gotten me into some pretty UNcomfortable situations, especially with the fatties or the homos, one situation:

1)Im at lowes to return this shower head that doesn't work, walk up to the customer service counter. and theres this fat chick working there, being the polite guy i am, i smile and say "good morning". the return begins. She goes:"i like your shirt" and i reply with a thankyou. shes scanning stuff looks up at me and tells me how purrdy my eyes are so i thank her for that too. somehow during this mundane exchange simple thanksyous and such she thinks im flirting with her asking me what i do,im cute. maybe we can hang out. I killed it REAL quick and said no thanks then walked out.

I'm not even gonna talk about the homo encounter at GAP.

hahahaha.

no please, tell us the gap story.

i deal with rude fuckers all day. customers thinking they are superior and telling what do do rather than asking me to do it. when i ring them up i still say thank you and usually i get no response. it's just expected.

Customers are ASSHOLES. I never really understood the extent that they are until I spent a few months working at Home Depot a while ago.

i deal with rude fuckers all day. customers thinking they are superior and telling what do do rather than asking me to do it. when i ring them up i still say thank you and usually i get no response. it's just expected.

i deal with the same shit, but workin for tips from super rich yuppie fucks with major attitude, they get no love and looks when they tip me with quarters. who in the fuck tips with quarters.

if they bothered to tip proper: 1 beer, mixed drink, or glass of wine-1 buck.

1 pitcher-3-5 bucks per.

then i'd be happy in my job, even with the rate per hr. i get.

these fucks are so rich they dont know what to do with themselves.

MmmHmm is a fairly common response I thought. Where I'm at "You're welcome," "Yep," "Uh Huh," are all acceptable, at least that's what I was under the impression of my whole life.

There's a difference though.

"Uh huh" as a polite acknowledgment is fine I think. But it's all about the pitch and the attitude behind it. What he's describing is the arrogant bullshit some lowlife customer service people put out to imply they are above you despite the obvious.

But yeah, I guarantee for every asshole behind the counter there is 100 customers acting like they run shit because they too are a bunch of fucking losers.

• Like 1

i have to deal with immense amounts of bad manners due to the location of where i work

and mainly you just zone out and ignore it, but fuck! if you are on the phone , dont come up

to me and ask me to get you some shit in the middle of whatever fucking conversation your

having with your girlfriend about where you left the washing powder or who didn't lock the back

door , finish your fucking conversation first! fuck.

Sense I work at a golf course, I have to deal with people bitching about the course after they play. Im cleaning your clubs. I work outside and deal with customers. Im not the fucking MAINTENCE guy who drives around on a lawn mower. What the hell do you want me to do about it? If you think the golf course is "dog shit" then go yell at him. Oh and by the way thanks for insulting my job. Dick.

im not reading this thread this whole thread but i will say this. if i were making minimum wage, selling food to the walking dead, coming home smelling like french fries, etc, etc. i would probably be in that window not giving a shit about your "thank you" either. its nice that you did that but she was probably preoccupied with the 3000 shitty things going in her life and wasnt really paying attention.

i generally dont hate on people in the service industry unless im shelling out $35 a plate or they do something really fucking stupid. making money serving people ranks up there with kennel cleaner (something ive actually done) as one of the worst jobs ever. ill start rolling college kids before i ever go back to waiting tables. not even kidding.

Meh, to each his own...I'm always being polite to other people, but if they don't say thanks or you're welcome back, i don't mind. Cuz I've gotta agree with wut boogiehands said, that person prolly has more important things on their minds. I've been snubbed by ghetto black bitches, to white men wearing business suits and shit...I dun make a big deal about it

oh yeah, now THIS is some annoying shit. when fucking queers are always judging you at first glance. when i'm walking around berkeley with a backpack and some gloves, it seems that the same cop passes around the block 50 times. guess what, i have all of my camera gear in my backpack, and it's fucking cold outside, so i feel like wearing gloves.

that shit happened to me last night. right when i got out of my car, i saw 1 cop car. then i stood on the corner waiting for my friend for at least 15 minutes, and that same cop passed by at least 10 times, and not to mention two other cop cars started to circle around when i was leaving. so then i walk into the top dog a block away from where i was standing, and 30 minutes later when come out, oh hey, same cop, parked across the street.

On a similar note:

About a year ago, I was waiting on a street corner on the upper west side of Manhattan for my girlfriend. For those of you who aren't aware, it's a pretty rich area, generally, even by New York standards. Anyway.... I was on the corner, I was dressed fairly nice. Nothing fancy. Normal jeans. Peacoat. Etc. I was holding some flowers for my girl. This douchebag plainclothes cop comes up to me and asks me "what I'm doing". I was like "uh.... waiting for my girlfriend to get here so I can give her these flowers and we can go get food?" He stood there like, " yeah. Okay. Just checking."

"Just checking"? Are you for real? You fucking dickhead. You are the quintessential plainclothes cop. You can spot these fucking retards from a mile away. How slick did you think you were being, detective? Fuck you.

SO... this asshole comes BACK about 5 minutes later, "You're sure you're waiting for your girlfriend here? Where is she?" At this point I got pretty fucking rude and was like, "Uh. Well. Let's see.... I don't know where she is exactly. She's walking up the street. I'm not sure what trouble I'm causing by standing here with a bouquet of flowers... but you must be extremely busy tonight, so I'll just be on my way."

Fuck him. Fucking moron.

I've worked plenty of low wage jobs when I was younger and have had to deal with a shit load of customers all day. In EVERY instances I've always managed to be as polite as possible.

Even as a customer, like I was initially saying, I make it a point to be polite. My mother is a waitress and she tells me how fucking rude some customers are, and no matter how busy or stressed she is, she is composed and polite. So, I know what it's like to be on the other side of the "counter", which is why I go out of my way to be polite. I know that the vast majority of customers are assholes; so why not be one of the nice ones?

Everyone is entitled to their moments where shit happens, but it's pretty easy to tell when people are busy and having a bad day and when people are just ignorant and rude assholes.

And again, let me point out, I didn't start this thread to WAAA WAAA about fast food employees, I started it to talk about most peoples lack of politeness in general. Maybe I should have stressed that part a little more. Most of you get my point, so that's a good sign.