when it's all said and done, modest mouse will probably be one of my favorite bands ever

seeking

Re: when it's all said and done, modest mouse will probably be one of my favorite bands ev

modest mouse is dope, i saw them in concert this past may.

they had a crazy gypsy-hobo (i guess is how i would describe them) band named MAN MAN open for them. They were different but very good at playing the music they play, the crowed loved them.

here is the link to their myspace for anyone who wants to check them out.

http://www.myspace.com/wearemanman

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: when it's all said and done, modest mouse will probably be one of my favorite bands ev

sucks for you, they're all good.

i dont understand when people say they dont like the new album. it slightly different from the other stuff, but you can tell its stll the same band, just a different version. same subjects, same writing style, same wacky shit. same amount of 'seeks loves this shit'. its good times.

^^^^^^ sound like a very generic, watered down version of everything else thats going on in music right now.

not bad, but id rather continue not listening to the people they're ripping off, and instead, listening to the people who did it the first time 20 and 30 years ago.*

*and modest mouse

seeking --do you get into "built to spill?" i guess modest mouse and built to spill go hand in hand for me, but that's because i was introduced to them both at the same time. "keep it like a secret" and "perfect from now on" are two albums i'd recommend if you've never heard them.

blackboatshoes --manman kind of reminds me of what would happen if tom waits violenty raped a carnival band. i did like this cd:

article-2006-covers-06.jpg

yeah, i like built to spill. its also my favorite band name of all time i think.

i hate tom waits and carnivals. that sounds like a horrible mix of things id dislike immensly.

i have been much more fond of songs that tell a story for awhile now. anyone can think up catchy little quips and then throw them into a song. lyrics that paint a picture of a specific event seems to me like it takes more talent.

i still like modest mouse, but definitely not for the lyrical content.

I'm a huge modest mouse fan.

But on a completely unrelated note, tell me what you think of Caspian

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=11072543

They bring the epic.

I hosted their albums right before the album trader thread got pulled so I don't know if anyone got a chance to listen to em.

I'll be at the Feb 29th show at the Middle East in Cambridge MA if anyone is interested.

Graffndancin.

• 2 weeks later...

sucks for you, they're all good.

i dont understand when people say they dont like the new album. it slightly different from the other stuff, but you can tell its stll the same band, just a different version. same subjects, same writing style, same wacky shit. same amount of 'seeks loves this shit'. its good times.

The world will fall to pieces but modest mouse will always be modest mouse