when it's all said and done, modest mouse will probably be one of my favorite bands ever

seeking

the more i listen to them, the more i love them. NH.

the lyrics are fucking rad. no group i can think of has such 'hip hop quotable' catchiness to their stuff. every song is filled with awesome two bar quotes that i find myself repeating. i appreciate that.

it took me a while to get into them, but now i cant get enough. NH

dear modest mouse, keep it up homies.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: when it's all said and done, modest mouse will probably be one of my favorite bands ev

That's their worst CD

I'd argue that The Lonesome Crowded West is the most awesome album ever. I think Modest Mouse is my favorite ever too, they dissapointed the shit out of me at Lollapalooza last summer, but I guess they're not aging we'll.

I like this thread.

Re: when it's all said and done, modest mouse will probably be one of my favorite bands ev

well, i'll go to college and i'll learn some big words

and i'll talk real loud

goddamn right i'll be heard

you'll remember the guy, who said all those big words that he must've

learned in college

and it took a long time

i came clean with myself

i fell clean out of love with my lover

i still love her

more when she used to be sober and i was kinder

Modest Mouse quote thread?

they're alright. i used to be really really into them. i think it was around the time the album with the song that starts "this plane is definitely crashing" came out. i've grown tired of them, unfortunately.

i have most of their stuff, but i don't really listen to them anymore. not sure why, they are def a favorite.

my sister got me into them, i don't even know how she got into them, but anyways, they use to come play shows in mpls all the time. this is back in the "This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About" time, i was like 15/16, i remember seeing them at first ave. never thought it would be like this.

props to them.

Opinions were like kittens i was giving them away....

I've been a pretty big fan of these guys for over 10 years now. i've seen them numerous times through out the years, own all the cds, bootleg cds and dvds, side projects, seven inches --i was pretty die hard for a while. i became a little jaded when they put out "float on," and the masses of dave matthews fans start loving them. i know that's immature, but when most of the crowd doesn't know about anything and just keeps chanting "float on" --it's annoying. especially when most of those people look like they had a real hard time deciding between going to the show, and watching the season finale of "the O.C."

maybe i'm an asshole?

but anyways, when they put out their last album, i listened to a burned copy ONCE. I instantly wrote it off as the death of that band. in fact, i wrote on the cd "modest mouse's GAY album." the cd got lost, and about three months ago i found it, listened to it, and got sucked into it instantly. even with a heavy change in style, it restored my faith in the band.

another story: i had a friend who grew up in the NYC/Connecticut hardcore scene. basically, all this dude listened to was hardcore and punk rock. he grew up going to shows every weekend, playing in a band, traveling with bands, and all that shit. so the dude had seen a lot. so in about 98' i take him to see modest mouse. he'd never heard them, and instantly said "this isn't some weak ass singer/songwriter shit?" so we go to the show, and they start playing "doin' the cockroach." the crowd goes nuts, and as the song goes, it builds and builds and builds, then explodes at the end. isaac brock was singing through the pick up by the end, just screaming into his guitar. so the song ends, the crowd basically screams and shits at the same time, and during that moment between songs my friend turns to me and says "that was the hardest fucking thing i've ever seen live." i'm glad to say i saw them that year.

so yeah, these guys are a great band in my opinion.

Damn I wish I could see that perfomance, Issac Brock was performing all the wack Float On, Bury Me With It, type songs at Lollapalooza, I'm too young to have been to any of their good shows...Iggy Pop on the other hand, was the shit.

i'll take great southern trendkill over any mix of modest mouse songs--greatest hits or whatever...

i actually don't mind 'em, but they've never inspired me enough to pick up an album.

Actually now that I think, I got into Modest Mouse after Float Out came on, not because of it, I heard that song on TV and instantly figured they sucked really bad. Then a friend introduced me to Doing The Cockroach, I got addicted, I was super hardcore into them for a while, like they were all I listened to, then I fell out, but I still like them alot.

you'll be drowned in boots like mafia, but you feet will still float like christ

Cowboy Dan, Bankrupt on Selling

& Dramamine, Those songs are gauranteed to please

you know what song always did it for me --"polar opposites." i remember being at some of the lowest times in my life, listening to that song, and just smiling.

no/emo

seriously no/emo. if you know the song, you probably know what i mean. it just captures how i've felt for most of my life.

"Polar opposites don't push away

It's the same on the weekends

As the rest of the days

And I know I should go

But I'll probably stay

And that's all you can do

About some things

chorus:

I'm trying to drink away

The part of the day

That I cannot sleep away (X2)

Two one-eyed dogs they're

Looking at stereos

Hi-fi gods try so hard

To make their car low

To the ground

These vibrations oil its teeth

Primer gray is the color

When you done dying

chorus:

I'm trying to drink away

The part of the day

That I cannot sleep away (x2)"

"Lonesome Crowded West" and "Never Ending Math Equation" are two albums i can't go without. All their shit is good though.

my girl absolutely hates them as well. ive always found it very hard to argue with people like her about music. she's really into tom waits and knows so many odd and obscure shit that i feel as though she should be right, but i still enjoy them so it confuses me. but i dont really listen anymore as i am rather tired of them. as soon as they stop doing this float on shit i'll be down again im sure. i mean, the murder city devils were my favorite for a long ass time as well but when there's no new material and you know everything you just get tired.

feel mode?

i hate talking about music.

I assumed assumed they were gay as hell.

Will download a couple no

someone wanna recommend 3 songs?

just rip off these cds:

"lonesome crowded west"

"never ending math equation"

"this is a long drive for someone with nothing to think about it"

that right there will get you going, unless you hate the band. then you'll probably just hate them and call them emo.