Car Audio

GucciCondom

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my MDF Sheet......

25u4i6w.jpg

I cant start on in until Saturday because of work. I get the whole weekend off. To built it, it takes a whole day (the woodglue and silicone must dry for at least 10 hours or more)

Here is my MTX Crossover....

2jexunl.jpg

This filters your sound, separating your lows and highs. I have the ipod hooked up, set to Treble Booster to get a nice crisp sound.

Here is the Sub......

2iuq5ft.jpg

12" MTX Audio. Thats just one of two. As you can see, the box is a home Cerwin Vega Woofer system lol. I have it directly hooked up to the speaker, not to the box itself. The box has its own crossovers and volume control. I needed a quick box to at least have some bass in my car. The box is tuned to pic up the Mids. The one im putting together will be tuned to pick up low bass and make them hit hard!

My Amp.......

16hthlt.jpg

MTX MONO 2400Watt Amp. Has two built in Fans and a bass knob, located in the front.

My capacitor.....

iy3pys.jpg

Its only 1 Farad, all i need really. Have a big alternator and a good battery.

And my small amp.....

t6up2u.jpg

its an old school Rocker Fosgate amp, built for the old school Rocker Fosgate 12" subs. Im using it to run 4 Tweeters, 2 Mid ranges, and 2 Mid/High Speakers.

My sound sounds sooo fuken clean! No distortion, no stupid engine noises, etc. I cant wait to built the box!

Wait, you drive a what? An Acura TL?

Some cars have proprietary systems, and Acuras are one of them, especially a higher-end line as the TL.

I have a 93 Acura Legend (predecessor to the TL) with a Bose factory. If I wanted to change components, I'd basically have to rip every single existing component of the system (head unit, door speakers, deck speakers, amp, WIRING) and do it all from scratch. Another thing, the anti-theft is run through the factory headunit, so in theory, it can't leave the car.

I don't know if yours is the same way, but like I said, you could probably add a amp and sub or two using the speaker wire directly from the factory unit (there is a specific name for it, but it slips my mind at the moment) as opposed to a low-level input (stereo) from an aftermarket...

cda-105.jpg

just put in along with two sony xplod 12s and a Power Acoustik 980 amp. pics later when car is out of shop.

i cant do alpine receivers anymore......the last one i had was an alpine and it fucked up on me after a couple years.

don't know for sure think 2

There sr 15 dual 4 ohm subwoofer

4 layer copper voice coil

Each of the RE SR's can handle a little bit more than 300RMS each.(so a little more than 600 rms total for both) Since they are dual 4ohm they can only be hooked up to 4ohms or 1ohm.

The memphis amp you posted puts out 275RMS@4ohms and 1100@1ohms.

you are either gonna A) be really under powering the woofers if you hook them up to 4ohms. OR B ) Over powering them if you hook em up at 1 ohm.

Each of the RE SR's can handle a little bit more than 300RMS each.(so a little more than 600 rms total for both) Since they are dual 4ohm they can only be hooked up to 4ohms or 1ohm.

The memphis amp you posted puts out 275RMS@4ohms and 1100@1ohms.

you are either gonna A) be really under powering the woofers if you hook them up to 4ohms. OR B ) Over powering them if you hook em up at 1 ohm.

I got 2 prs rated at 250 rms so 500 together that I been pushin wit the same amp and haven had any problems so hopefully I can make these work and do u kno wat kind of sound these bring cuz I heard some sr 10s and it was more of a motor then bass and I wanna make sure its wat I want before I buy em

Damn Cellphone, you got a messy trunk lol. Are you in the proccess of installing it?

One more day, cant wait to build mine.

On another note, im getting some bass distortion, which sucks. Maybe its cus i have two Female butt connectors.....

64697167745a67566355395f483758436d6c77.jpg

I need to check it out today, plus buy a longer RCA Cable.

Damn Cellphone, you got a messy trunk lol. Are you in the proccess of installing it?

yea that pic was taken when we were doing the install.. a fiberglass cover is going to be covering the entire trunk, exposing only the two amps + fosgate plexiglass lit up by red neon.

But as usual, i ran out of money hah.

I got 2 prs rated at 250 rms so 500 together that I been pushin wit the same amp and haven had any problems so hopefully I can make these work and do u kno wat kind of sound these bring cuz I heard some sr 10s and it was more of a motor then bass and I wanna make sure its wat I want before I buy em

so you didnt buy them yet? what's your budget?

try looking into the FI audio SSD series, or the DC audio level 3's.

so you didnt buy them yet? what's your budget?

try looking into the FI audio SSD series, or the DC audio level 3's.

My budget is not wat there really worth but im gettin these on a deal real cheap he has the same model in 10 12 and 15s that's y im askin specifically for response on these

Im not into the whole Fiberglass/decorating your sub box, if its going to be inside of a trunk. Its cool in all, but im more interested in the sound than anything. For competition yeah, worth doing all that. But for those that just cruise around, no need to waste money and have someone steal it.

Speaking of Stealing, im going to lock down my sub box when im done .....

2ivo1a0.jpg

Ill show you later how it will be strapped. Forgot to buy the lock because there was some old folks who couldnt decide which lock "locked" the best. Stupid white people.

Im back, freaking exhausted though. The only thing that killed it today was the humidity at 80%

All right, so the first thing i did was cut the pieces....

25ovuhd.jpg

The only thing I hate doing is cutting the circles. I dont have a special tool to cut perfect circles. So i had to free hand it.....

slmbk8.jpg

Came back and sanded it good.....

3449zkh.jpg

The assembly (partial).....

345g281.jpg

And the final product ( Still need to paint it black and sand it)

hsrhvt.jpg

Right now, its chillin in the garage. The silicone and wood glue need a lot of hours to dry. Tomorrow will be the official day............

Archived