India's Tata Motors launches "Nano" low-cost car

heavyLox

xinsrc_02201051021520141139942.jpg

they also make a car called 'indica'

variants_car2.jpg

ABOUT THE NANO, aka the people car:

Speaking at the unveiling ceremony at the 9th Auto Expo in New Delhi, Mr. Ratan N. Tata said, “I observed families riding on two-wheelers – the father driving the scooter, his young kid standing in front of him, his wife seated behind him holding a little baby. It led me to wonder whether one could conceive of a safe, affordable, all-weather form of transport for such a family. Tata Motors’ engineers and designers gave their all for about four years to realise this goal. Today, we indeed have a People’s Car, which is affordable and yet built to meet safety requirements and emission norms, to be fuel efficient and low on emissions. We are happy to present the People’s Car to India and we hope it brings the joy, pride and utility of owning a car to many families who need personal mobility.”

Stylish, comfortable

The People’s Car, designed with a family in mind, has a roomy passenger compartment with generous leg space and head room. It can comfortably seat four persons. Four doors with high seating position make ingress and egress easy.

tata also has a sweet 'almost real' website.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i was taken to the hospital in a cherry red pinto my landlord own after her great-dane bit me in the *&^@ as a child... Since then ive had a soft spot pf pintos since they saved my life.

I like pocket sized cars too in theory but in practice im not fitting into them and it suck when a motor cycle blocks your view of whats ahead of you on the road.

not in india, its been killing me trying to get a car here, but thats over now. NANO and hevs good to grow. Kashmir watch out hevs passing thru! lets smoke'em peace pipe and get nice yall. I love Indians! the redskins used to be my team, and on the block they call me Hev-Lightfoot, cause i moves like an over weight dear, 'almost quite'.

unfortunately i bet this thing will never be available in the US and the US auto industry will put the kibosh on any attempt to get it here and it will not pass our safety standards... but titd be cool if those where the only whips allowing in side us city limits...

I own a Yaris, and it's the illest fucking little car in the universe. You must be 8 feet tall cause that thing is mad spacious inside, something that everyone who steps inside always remarks on.

orly...i just assumed on the yaris after I checked out the honda fit...

Honda fit my knees were hitting the steering wheel go kart status...so then I said fuck it and went with an explorer...