Ironlak

androidx

Suds tells the truth.. But this was going on even before ironlak.. When I started using cans all I could afford was walmart brand paint.. And niggaz would clown.. "Only toys use that shit" "where's your montana cans, where's your rusto.??" I'm a relitavely decent writer but I got no respect, even from my peers cause I was using the cheap shit.. I won't rack cause I think theft is just stupid/petty.. But I like Ironlak cause they got good cheap shit.. And now I got haters baggin on it like Hitler made it er sumthin.. I'm not shellin out 6.50 or 7 bucks for a can of paint tho.. Use whatever you got, whatever you can afford.. Just make good use of it..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has graffiti come to...

The answer is - before Ironlak, we all used whatever paint & it didn't matter.

Now people have become one brand writers?

Pop stars & scene queens. Defensive flag wavers.

It really detracts from the reason why we write & poisons the sub-culture.

It has caused divisions in the Ozzy scene that were not there prior to Ironlak.

Who ever heard of taking sides over a bloody paint brand? It's not positive.

You fellas in USA are probably not aware of the issues we face here.

With the price war they caused in Australia it killed the value of paint all round which doesn't benefit anyone long term ... low pricing is the only string holding it together.

But there will be more cheap paint, & then cheaper paint, & then even cheaper paint & it will only get worse before it gets any better on the subject of attitudes in the market & scene.

Suds, stop running your mouth. People can use whatever they want, why are you on an Ironlak thread anyway? The reality is that you used to be cool with Ironlak and everyone it employed and now you work for another brand, which is cool you need to feel your family but don't come on here running your mouth with bullshit.

You work for a company that is using old Ironlak formula, don't front man at least be honest about it. We know your product, its pro's, con's and everything in between. Who are you to call us out when you discount your own brands price in Brisbane to under cut Ironlak? You're a hypocrite, at least look yourself in the mirror and be honest about it. You're guilty of the same things you're call others out about, and its only because you now work for a brand of paint that is in competition to Ironlak.

We made graffiti affordable and accessible to those who didn't want to rack, to those who do, cool do your thing and for those that didn't they had Ironlak, now you've jumped on the bandwagon. When have we ever jumped on a razor thread and talked shit? Never, because we worry about our own stuff, perhaps you should do the same.

iorts3, we used to use the same paint as you man, the cheapest grimiest shit we could find. In the end we started a paint company to give writers quality, affordable paint, that's all. So don't think for a minute we don't know where you are at, we used gutter paint that was worse than Wal-Mart paint, and the reality is that people can still rock decent shit with Wal-Mart paint, so if that's your thing go for it, we just want to see people painting, but if you want a bit more coverage and precision Ironlak is there.

Peace

Suds, stop running your mouth. People can use whatever they want, why are you on an Ironlak thread anyway? The reality is that you used to be cool with Ironlak and everyone it employed and now you work for another brand, which is cool you need to feel your family but don't come on here running your mouth with bullshit.

You work for a company that is using old Ironlak formula, don't front man at least be honest about it. We know your product, its pro's, con's and everything in between. Who are you to call us out when you discount your own brands price in Brisbane to under cut Ironlak? You're a hypocrite, at least look yourself in the mirror and be honest about it. You're guilty of the same things you're call others out about, and its only because you now work for a brand of paint that is in competition to Ironlak.

We made graffiti affordable and accessible to those who didn't want to rack, to those who do, cool do your thing and for those that didn't they had Ironlak, now you've jumped on the bandwagon. When have we ever jumped on a razor thread and talked shit? Never, because we worry about our own stuff, perhaps you should do the same.

iorts3, we used to use the same paint as you man, the cheapest grimiest shit we could find. In the end we started a paint company to give writers quality, affordable paint, that's all. So don't think for a minute we don't know where you are at, we used gutter paint that was worse than Wal-Mart paint, and the reality is that people can still rock decent shit with Wal-Mart paint, so if that's your thing go for it, we just want to see people painting, but if you want a bit more coverage and precision Ironlak is there.

Peace

Dear Ironlak,

Firstly - Honesty you say, you don't know the definition of the word.

Yes, I was cool & respectful with a few of you way back when. Until a few of you you disrespected my spots & took up an attitude. And the shit talk began by your sponsored writers & affiliates posting disses on ozhiphop.com/forum when we opened shop in Brisbane.

I never diss unless provoked or without good reason & you know that.

The fallout reaction has continued to this point.

Secondly - I do not work for another brand as you suggest. You mislead the public.

I work for a distribution company that sells many brands such as Molotow, RAL, Clash, Auto K, Multona, 94, MTN, Razor, Monster, Rusto & so on & so on.

Maybe you refer to one these reputable brands? I hope not?

Thirdly - Speaking of undercutting. That is exactly what you forced the market to do. But that was Ironlak versus Crunch in Sydney, and not with us nor any brand we sell. You dropped your prices from $8.50 down to $4 to battle them. However our cheapest brand is $7.70 AUS, I fail to see your nonfactual based analogy when your stockists sell Ironlak for $4 to $6 in Brisbane. Plus, you will not sell to us despite the amount of times we have put the olive branch out to you, and despite the amount of times your supporters come into the store & ask us to get Ironlak in for them. And you do this to other stores here also. You hurt the very client you claim to support & we hear their disgruntlement every day as you lose ground & support in your own home town.

If telling the truth is running ya mouth, then I'll continue to do so, the truth hurts, hence your bitch ass pussy rebuttals.

Attack is not the best form of defense.

Now take your cancer causing crap & go fuck off, I got real paint to sell.

You know where to find me every day.

SUDS ICR

Suds,

You may work for a "Distribution company" but one of your in house brands is Razor, its not like MTN for example where you are acting as a distributor for another brand, its your own brand, so really your splitting hairs.

As for the undercutting Ironlak was never ever sold for $8.50 in Sydney (we won't call you dishonest just clearly misinformed) and we lowered our prices at the request of most of the Sydney retailers that we're losing business hand over fist, sacrificing our margins to support them is called loyalty its good business practice. I'm sure if you ring them they'll all a test to that. As for Brisbane no one is selling at $4.00 a pop, $6.00 yeah perhaps but that was happening long before your store opened so don't pull the victim card, you're running weekly sales selling below that and we haven't seen a single Brisbane retailer retaliate and match you so you could hardly say we've instigated a price war in Brisbane.

All you told was your version of the truth and at the end of the day everyone has their own. We'll even give you the courtesy of having the last word, we know how badly you crave it.

Peace

you know that aint the same car right?

What exactly are you trying to show us here? That you can't pay attention to detail?

Guess you got so hyper and excited you forgot to check details... :)

are you guys fucking serious.

who cares if its not the same fucking car, they are all painted the same colour. THE SAME COLOUR. SAME AS IN THE EXACT FUCKING SAME YELLOW PIGMENT. SAME AS IN THATS HOW THEY ALL FADE

this is gonna shock and amaze some people but did you know that these

75817412.vAQ9NdJX.jpg

used to be painted pink and blue?

paint fades, get the fuck over it

Fuck Ironlak. I can't stand that shit. Its good paint, it covers and it has some real good colors. Besides the fact that it runs through caps like crazy and you got to spray it forever to get the damn thing started, theres really just one thing I hate about this shit.

It smells. I like the way it smells, but it smells strong. Paint a piece with that shit and that god damn smell won't go away. It sticks to your cloths, the cans smell harsh once you first use them and it doesn't go away so the cans themselves are a bitch to store. The smell permeates everything it comes in contact with. And the smell lasts.

I painted a train with this shit. It left the yard. Came back to the yard a few days later. When I walked by it YOU COULD STILL SMELL IT. WTF?

I still use it but would never pay for it and never indoors or at a commercial spot. They shut down a store I painted in with that shit that we have done dozens of times with other brands but with this shit the neighbors complained because of the smell. And if your bombing streets, it'll smell after using it and so will you. Fuck that connection.

But other then that, its great.