Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
androidx

Ironlak

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I got some ironlak the other day and it was $7 or something had some graff on the side. Are all ironlaks gunna have pretty pictures? Cause I don't care about the pictures keep them cheap. Have another sale at crocker outlets again. Australia.

You probably got a "Limited Edition Artist Series" can. They have (2 series i think?) of limited edition cans, and the can is designed by a certain artist. For example: Pose's Sushi, Askew's Olivia, and Tues Afterburn (picture below and names in order). so the answer is no, all ironlak cans will not be like that. I used Oinkart to buy my Ironlak, personal preference, but i'd check it out. Hope that helps

3791101825_c7b7e51e94_b.jpg

I know some of you might come down on me for this, and Im not saying its not cool and all to collect these. Collect whatever you want. But I just dont feel a need to pay more for a can of spray paint just because its got someones mass produced graff on it. You dont get charged more for a box of Wheaties because so and so is on the front. Fuck whats next? UPS Cereal with marshmallow caps and frosted fr8s.

I know some of you might come down on me for this, and Im not saying its not cool and all to collect these. Collect whatever you want. But I just dont feel a need to pay more for a can of spray paint just because its got someones mass produced graff on it. You dont get charged more for a box of Wheaties because so and so is on the front. Fuck whats next? UPS Cereal with marshmallow caps and frosted fr8s.

i just copyrighted this idea, thanks

Fuck whats next? UPS Cereal with marshmallow caps and frosted fr8s.[/color]

agreed and cosigned, you can get those colors sans artwork and for th same price as a normal ironlak can...

was tryin out smoulder today, thickest white/offwhite i've ever used, i'm gunna run thru caps real quick, same with potion... blackout is damn near perfect tho...

ironlak smells good as hell later on. using that shit for a little rooftop action tonight

oh yeah and whoever said that shit about weed scented paint.

kill yourself nigga

my attorney advised me to kill whoever came between me and this million dollar idea.

games over.

Rustofills is right. dont support this super capitalist bullshit. LETS ALL JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON AND COMMERCIALIZE GRAFFITI.

the writers on those cans deserve recognition for getting up and being dope. but paying 7 bucks for a can is just feeding into something none of us need. if you wanna donate to your favorite writer then buy a canvas of theirs and get something meaningful rather than a can of paint that sends 99% of the profit to the paint company and not the writer who designed the artwork on the can.

people buy these cans because they are in limited production and as soon as the writer dies/gets locked up the cans will be worth something.

its the same with collecting comic books, you think the artists are getting all the profit? no.

I see nothing wrong with the collector cans. I was only saying, No one should have to pay more for them. Just to reclearify what I said a few posts ago.

well, ironlak recognizes they will be more valuable and to avoid one asshole buying every single one they price them higher, it just makes sense.

Ironlak doesn't price them higher, the stores do, recognizing they can get a little bit more money for them.

Na Its not Ironlak uping the prices for those collector cans. Its The stores that sell them. So yeah, BigMetalhomo is right.

Yeah i was about to say. They go for the same price as any other can where I'm at. They can't be THAT limited because I've been through about 6 of the banos tins already.

Guys,

We do charge a little more for the LE cans, generally its about $0.25 cents per can more, this accounts for the additional printing and production costs. That being said the increase is minimal and often the colour is available in a non LE can so that you don't have to pay the extra.

Stylefive & rorucega,

You raise some good points, but we think that your argument should be more directed at major corporations that exploit Graffiti and make money from using it to sell their non Graffiti related products.

We're a very small company started by writers and still employing writers, we make our products for writers and give a lot back to Graffiti in general, through free paint, sponsorships and affordable quality tools for writers. We're not perfect but we definitely make an effort not to exploit or abuse Graffiti as a culture its something we're passionate about and participate in.

Thanks

Guys,

We do charge a little more for the LE cans, generally its about $0.25 cents per can more, this accounts for the additional printing and production costs. That being said the increase is minimal and often the colour is available in a non LE can so that you don't have to pay the extra.

True and Valid.

I need a job. Hire me lol. No really.

i dont know about yall but i would shell out a few more bucks with no hesitation to have those cans sitting on my bookshelf, even the regular cans look fresh.

the only time when this becomes a problem is when the colors of the LE cans arent available in regular cans as stated by someone up there.

that being said, im expecting my first ironlak cans later this week. i ordered lil laks only because i didnt have enough dough for 6 full sized cans, but still.

I wanted to get the lil laks when they had them in all those diff. colors, but i missed out. unless some other site still has them in colors other than black and white.

*QUESTION FOR IRONLAK*

I just saw on Oinkart a new "*NEW* 500ml TAR BLACK". Is this actually the bitumen/tar like in the Molotow Coversall? or is it just a larger can of black paint?

yea i saw after i placed my order that they used to come in smurf and stuff. was kinda pissed but not really

and not to be a downer, but if you live in the US id just stick with rustos "professional" flat black, its ~635ml and has a decent amount of bitumen. covers great, high pressure and for the same price as Ironlaks 500ml. just wait till ironlak comes out with a 650ml can because i know its in the works...

and samdrake, are you the one who im expecting a package from? i know the dudes sn starts with a s....