I be brewing my own BERRRRRR!!

ClueTwo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think an Aussie girl has the absolute worst accent of any native english speaker I've ever heard. it could be just the few I've met and hung around with though.

An Aussie chick does dispatch on the mountain and every single time she goes over the radio every person with one mocks her accent because of how atrocious it is.

Or are there different regions/ accents like how newfies in Canada sound completely fucked too?

Nah, we all pretty much sound the same. I'm full country, so probably what you blokes consider a redneck, so mine probably hurts the most to listen to. Never had a problem with foreign females though.

The only difference is city people that try and sound English/American. Also, most Aussie roles in movies and what not were played by UK people or Americans. So people think we all sound like Crocodile Dundee.

But then again, people are idiots. People think we drink Fosters. You can't even buy Fosters over here.

See how I brought it back to beer? I'm straight like that.

Anyone who has done any travel

And met an Aussie

Knows foster is shit

And Subaru ain't Aussie

All I remember is something ________ bitters

And always root for the All Blacks

You know they market Subaru as an Aussie car in the states?

I've found a guy with an aussie accent is significantly less bad because the accent is often really rough in comparison to English/Canadian/American, which is more acceptable on a dude. Could be just because you guys enjoy the word cunt.

Was drinking at the bar with a couple aussies and a guy came up and asked if they were american. Never seen a guy get more pissed off more quickly than that. dude liked to fight when he got drunk though so anything could have a done it I suppose.

is brewing from this shit a lesser final product than from scratch?

51p%2BUaAwMSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

or is it just a cheap quick way to get beer vs from scratch which you can do loads more to to change flavours/colours etc.?

You really need to be going hard to justify all grain mashing. It's a bit hipster when not done correctly. Best way to learn and get into the science of it, is through malt extract. Wankers will fuck on about it not being the real deal, but ignore them - if someone says that to you, you can tell them a brewer from Australia says that 'you're full of shit'.

The guy teaching me is in his mid 50s and not a hipster

Although he wears Hawaiian shorts and sandals hahahah

Maybe a hipster before they were cool? Lmao

Uses malt extract because he's found it to be te best way to go

I love that guy tho

47 brews under his belt and brought me in to keep the torch lit.

50 batches now! Fortunate to come into it with a notebook of that much knowledge. I do not take it for granted. I am a student.

Edit - I know you're not hating. My comments are not hating either. 'Spect

Yeah I know you're not hating. It really is a hobby that experience holds more weight than anything, so it's awesome that you've found someone in the know.

We get a bit closed off about our brews sometimes, but if someone shows real interest I am happy to let them play on my brewhouse.

Speaking of which, where the fuck is crimestoppers?!

• 1 year later...