THE OBAMA REVOLUTION!

LIVERWURST*

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
go to Slate's delegate calculator. I can't see Hillary has any chance at all, and she needs to quit before more damage is done and we end up with four more years of disastrous leadership.

Even though I have voted for Nader in the past, a vote for anyone but Obama in the upcoming legend is a vote for McCain, more war, and I shudder to think what else.

She's bitter that Obama is ahead despite her being the favorite early on. So she's going to try and scratch and tear at him as much as possible, even to the detriment of the party.

We know one thing for sure -- she can't win in state victories. There are 10 states left, and Obama is up by 14. Clinton winning all 10 would still be behind.

Which means she more than likely won't win in the popular vote or in pledged delegates.

So this all rests on the superdelegates, whom I think will side with the people's wishes.

What's scary and surprising is how clueless McCain is/was on what's going on in Iraq. Last month he kept stating that Iran was funding and supporting Al Qaeda; that Al Qaeda was going back and forth between Iran and Iraq to resupply and get training. Anyone that has been paying a little attention would know that Iran is Shia and Al Qaeda is Sunni, and are bitter enemies (although both share a common hate for the US). Iran is only funding and supporting Shia extremists, but not Al Qaeda.

The Shia extremists are now a bigger threat to Iraq than the now-tattered (but not eliminated) Al Qaeda.

First of all it is stupid on our part to see the middle east as strictly divided between sunni and shia, just because regional powers have inflamed the masses into violence with each other for their own interests in the past few years.....there are many examples of cooperation towards a common goal. For iran- the Assad family may be shia but syria is a sunni nation that is closely allied with iran right now. Iran was supposed to be mortal enemies with the sunni taliban a decade ago, yet now they are arming them in order to kill the americans and ISAF. Iran isn't playing a role in assisting AQI, but they do harbor many high level al qaeda members who fled Afghanistan in 01 under the guise of house arrest. Anyways I am pretty sure mccain said what you were talking about once, then immediately corrected himself. But having your "misstatements" covered by the media sure beats having your actual foreign policy (or lack thereof) being just as naive and ignorant. Obama is already toning down the rapid withdrawal talk, but I still think the eventual debates between him and mccain will be entertaining.

• 10 years later...

Wow, some of these threads are a real time warp. Kind of cool actually and also a bit sad that a lot of the same major issues and points of contention exist regardless of who is or isn't in office. Not for nothing, but was pretty pleased that they recently killed the individual mandate of the ACA. Personally I feel the ACA was a disaster, but forcing people to purchase anything, no matter how redeeming or however else you want to justify it, is 100% ridiculous. Politicians should have been chased out of town over that.

In any case, once we're through 2018, you can no longer get a hefty fine for not buying into that shit.

• Truth 1

• 3 weeks later...

Cutthroat,

when you say make america great again. When is the time period that you refer to that we should aim to replicate again?

Unfortunately for us, the "amazing" post ww2 economy was due to the whole world being pretty much bombed out while our mainland and resources remained safe. 

1 hour ago, +plus+ said:

Cutthroat,

when you say make america great again. When is the time period that you refer to that we should aim to replicate again?

Unfortunately for us, the "amazing" post ww2 economy was due to the whole world being pretty much bombed out while our mainland and resources remained safe. 

Not answering for him, and not defending Trump here... But you are correct in that we had undue advantage post WW2 that continues to this day. Not sure anyone would be consciously looking to replicate any particular era and I think all opinions are inherently subjective. This being said, I thought Obama was a terrible president as well, despite supporting him before his first term. We can discuss why that is in detail if you're interested, but to summarize... One of the largest issues I take with him was his consolidation of power into the Executive branch and how that has set a precedent that all presidents after will be able to take advantage of. Only an idiot wouldn't have seen the damage that was being done by all he was doing, even if Obama was your guy and you were in full support of him and his administration (which I ended up not at all being).

This being said, what is most scary about what I see now is the clearly obvious concerted effort by the media to discredit Trump at every opportunity. This is a scary thing and anyone not recognizing it is even more blind to reality than most were to think it was okay for Obama to stretch the meaning of the Constitution and circumvent Congress as many times as he did. Extra nega-props since he was in fact a professor of Constitutional Law and certainly new better, which in my humble opinion he leveraged to instead find creative ways to circumvent it instead.

Like all politicians, Trump has done some things right and plenty of things wrong. Again, difference I'm seeing is that very few are willing to recognize the good things he's done and that is being reinforced by a news, media and hollywood that is almost unified against him entirely. With the hyper-divisiveness we're seeing, no good will come of this and all of it is being greatly amplified and regularly encouraged with what can only be seen as a clear agenda.

No good will come of this and I believe the smartest thing all of us can do is to step back and not engage. 

• Truth 1