THE OBAMA REVOLUTION!

LIVERWURST*

hell no i don't want you to go on...

i don't think it's 'copping out' making your vote actually count though. it's like when nader runs, yea i agree with a fuckload of what he represents, and it would be great if a guy who brings that amount of weight to real issues had an actual chance...but he doesn't. i'm talking actual vote time here, not support time, which i think is alot different. so voting for the guy doesn't do a damn thing and all it does in the end is allow me to say i was apart of teh democratic process whilst washing my hands of any real shit that comes down the pike. no? but i guess if you're like you, mccain is just as bad as obama who is just as bad as hillary, who is just as bad as bush...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
hell no i don't want you to go on...

i don't think it's 'copping out' making your vote actually count though. it's like when nader runs, yea i agree with a fuckload of what he represents, and it would be great if a guy who brings that amount of weight to real issues had an actual chance...but he doesn't. i'm talking actual vote time here, not support time, which i think is alot different. so voting for the guy doesn't do a damn thing and all it does in the end is allow me to say i was apart of teh democratic process whilst washing my hands of any real shit that comes down the pike. no? but i guess if you're like you, mccain is just as bad as obama who is just as bad as hillary, who is just as bad as bush...

i wouldn't be so quick to lump obama in with schillary, mcpain, or bush. he's cfr and that's bad, but he's not as bad as the others. that doesn't mean i'm leaning towards obama.

and no, voting for someone i believe in, with principles i believe in, with the right mindset to lead this country in the proper way...no, that's not throwing my vote away.

why would i vote for someone whom i disagree with? just to vote? that's throwing my vote away in my humble opinion.

you hear this shit about hillary supporters? if obama is nominated, hillary supporters are going to vote for mccain. i believe i've heard the same about obama supporters. i dunno. it's all pretty ghey.

damn 'mericun idol prozac nation of idiots.

The venerable Richard Millhous Nixon. The rhetoric is similiar too, the "honorable peace" concept, personally meeting with our enemies and then accomplishing very little. The difference is there wasn't a strategy that was producing some (tenuous) stability in 1968. So far the policy discussed by hilldog and obama is to pull out the skeleton crew we have in iraq in a period of time that isn't possible, wrecking the recent gains which are fragile enough as it is, and leave troops for security and train the iraqis? That raises the question, what does he think the military is doing there now? What leverage are diplomats going to have without the military running things? Look at the near constant stream of rockets landing on the green zone recently or the suicide bombing attacks, how does he think a much smaller number of soldiers can improve security, and at the same time still continue to roll up al qaeda cells? And when asked about how all of that makes no sense, he basically ignores the question and criticizes the decision to go to war in the first place, which doesnt help the current situation much unless he has a time machine. But I don't want to wreck the feel good vibe in here so ill leave now.....

Actually yes, the surge has been going pretty well...it has done far better than what anyone expected, yet the people who pronounced it a failure 6 months before it started are either trying to make excuses for the success other than the surge, or just downplay and deny...... its also extremely fragile and his "strategy" would kill it. But the media stopped reporting about iraq when the situation improved so americans don't find the topic important anymore, and obama can and has been taking advantage of their ignorance on the situation in iraq.

Senator Bob Casey of Pennsylvania endorses Barack Obama:

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/03/28/america/campaign.php

Great news. Pennsylvania's supposed to be a guaranteed win for Clinton

Personally I'm not feeling the superdelegate system that the Democrats came up with.

I'd hate to see Obama robbed blind if the superdelegates go against the pledged delegates and popular vote.

There's a 100% chance that Obama will have more states won when it's all said and done. Obama is up 28 to Clinton's 14, and there are 10 contests left. Even if Clinton won all 10 she'd still be behind.

So I think that means there's about an 80% chance that Obama will have more pledged delegates and a higher popular vote when it's all said and done.

Part of me now really wants to see Obama win nomination simply because I see the low-blow divisive tactics Clinton is now resorting to out of desperation -- doing anything in her power to win. Even saying McCain would be a better president than Obama, despite Obama showing party loyalty and saying Clinton would be a better president than McCain. Geraldine Ferraro also annoyed me. Her statement was not only unecessary and divisive, but she lied when claiming that Obama called her a racist. He never called her that. He just said her comments were divisive. I also didn't like how she was so stubborn and arrogant in her refusal to apologize. She's just mad because she expected this would be an easy Clinton victory (as most people did early on), and instead Clinton's is fighting for her political life right now.

The notion that you think you guys are going to derail McCain's unwavered momentum and virtual dominance of the party's nomination and put Ron Paul in power is funny. Dude isn't even 2nd or 3rd in pledged delegates.

delegates, schmelegates.

mccain has a lot of skeletons in his closet. keating five, his wifes drug problems(smuggling), money laundering, etc.

it's going to catch up to him.

you better pray we do succeed, because if we don't and if obama doesn't win, we're going to have george bush III in office.

Look at the bigger picture. You want US troops to remain in Iraq for 100 years? You want possible US incursions into Iran? You want the budget/resources subjugated to more military spending and less towards domestic issues for schools/hospitals/healthcare? Then don't vote for Obama.

People that voted for Ralph Nader in 2000 to "keep their conscience clean" are now regretting it. Their consciences feel dirtier than ever. As a result of their actions/inactions, the worst president economically, militarily, environmentally, and domestically in recent history was thrown in office.

Look at the bigger picture. You want US troops to remain in Iraq for 100 years? You want possible US incursions into Iran? You want the budget/resources subjugated to more military spending and less towards domestic issues for schools/hospitals/healthcare? Then don't vote for Obama.

People that voted for Ralph Nader in 2000 to "keep their conscience clean" are now regretting it. Their consciences feel dirtier than ever. As a result of their actions/inactions, the worst president economically, militarily, environmentally, and domestically in recent history was thrown in office.

well, i can't vote for someone who supports the real id act, either. and either way you throw it, we're in iraq for a long time. obama isn't going to stop it. not even dr. paul could stop it. what he could do is make our relations with middle eastern countries a little better so we don't lose so many of our young men and women.

and no, i'm not throwing my vote away on obama. i'm not a democrat.

guess we'll just have to wait and see what becomes of mcsongbird and schillary.

Uhm, I don't think it is fair to put what the establishment of the United States has done on the blame of the people. The people are blinded by the media and lied to on a daily basis, from all different angles. It is incredibly hard to actually find reliable information for the regular on the grind person. Especially when they look to their television for information.

It is only the people that we have put into power's fault that this has all happened and a democratic congress hasn't changed anything. In fact they have given away more aide to Bush and really haven't stopped anything from happening.

For me the only person that could do the right thing for this country and for the people inside of it is Ron Paul. So I won't be wasting my vote and my time by going for someone that I do not believe is capable of doing the job.

I would not say we are absolved of blame. The supposed greatness of our country is that we are supposed to monitor its actions through governmental transparency. If we feel it is too opaque we should do somebody bout it. And wishing for impossible things ain't gonna help.

that's about right. i think it slipped away on purpose.

when american idol and britney not wearing panties

are more important than our elected officials and their

actions...well....

in the words of public enemy: "it's time to take the power back"

• 2 weeks later...

go to Slate's delegate calculator. I can't see Hillary has any chance at all, and she needs to quit before more damage is done and we end up with four more years of disastrous leadership.

Even though I have voted for Nader in the past, a vote for anyone but Obama in the upcoming legend is a vote for McCain, more war, and I shudder to think what else.

mccain wont even vote for a bill that would give people in the reserves

more tuition according to how much time they serve.

example at present

serve 12 months = 12 months of tuition

serve 36 months = 12 months of tuition

the bill

serve 12 months = 12 months of tuition

serve 36 months = 36 months of tuition

said he hasnt read it yet. ofcourse not youre a corpse

many members may disagree on which candidate they prefer.

but i think hands down all of 12oz can agree that you're a fucking faggot.

yeah, i'm a conservative and i don't want obama as my countries leader, but i still wouldn't say "fuck obama and if you don't agree...."

big loser points.

My feeling with Obama is that he would be less bad than the others, not necessarily my ideal.

He does break down with some real talk in between the double speak every once in a while, but he is certainly closer to the mainstream habit of talking shit than being straight up. But I'm hopeful...

Shit, I fell for his marketing!