Is EVERYONE fucking sick?

GucciCondom

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i've had a fucking cough for the longest time now and my nose is stuffed up from december till may every year... my left bicep has been doing this weird twitching thing for the past 45 minutes since i got out of the shower and its freaking me out. also i hack up some of the grossest looking things i've ever seen in the morning

Haha dude I got everyone fucking sick because I went out the other day and smoked bowls with them. Tonight I told everyone else who wasn't sick that I was and they could have the rest of my L at their own discretion and those broke mafuckas were down.

I totally infected so many people, I feel a lot better about me getting it in the first place now. Suffer with me.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2008/jan/04/health.nhs?gusrc=rss&feed=networkfront

3.30pm GMT update

Vomiting virus closes hospital wards

David Batty and agencies

Guardian Unlimited, Friday January 4 2008

Dozens of hospital wards across the UK have been forced to close due to outbreaks of a winter vomiting virus.

The ward closures come amid the worst outbreak of the bug, which causes vomiting and diarrhoea, in five years.

More than two million people across the UK have contracted the norovirus this winter with around 100,000 people a week catching the bug, according to doctors.

Infections are predicted to peak this month, with the Royal College of GPs predicting up to 200,000 new cases per week as children return to school and pass on the bug to their parents.

Cases among hospital staff and patients have led to wards being closed across the NHS.

Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust said it had decided to cancel all routine elective inpatient surgery at its three hospitals until at least January 9.

The trust's chief executive, John Rostill, said the Worcestershire Royal hospital, Redditch's Alexandra hospital and Kidderminster hospital were all under "unrelenting pressure".

Rostill said the high number of diarrhoea and vomiting cases being admitted had reduced the number of beds available and the trust's capacity to carry out non-emergency operations.

Trust officials are talking to the private sector about using beds and operating theatre capacity.

Mr Rostill said: "Our intention now is to concentrate all our resources in treating patients who come in as emergencies over the next few days.

"We realise that cancelling operations causes distress and disruption and we apologise in advance to the 45 patients affected.

"However, we are sure that this decision is correct and we must do all we can to maintain a safe environment for those patients already in our care."

Bath's Royal United hospital had been forced to close seven wards since mid-November, and is asking people not to visit patients unless it is absolutely necessary.

Carol De Halle, deputy director of nursing, said: "We strongly urge visitors with symptoms to please avoid visiting the hospitals until symptoms have settled for two days.

"If a visitor has recently had diarrhoea or vomiting, we ask that they phone ahead for advice."

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust said six wards had been closed at Leeds General infirmary and St James's hospital, although three had now reopened.

A trust spokesman said the wards were only closed to new admissions and in some cases only parts of the wards had been closed. Operations at the hospitals were continuing as normal, he added.

Penine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust said it had closed 26 beds across 11 wards at the 600-bed Royal Oldham hospital, where around 40 patients were admitted suffering from the vomiting bug yesterday.

A trust spokesman said 13 beds had also been shut at its other hospitals, Fairfield fospital and the North Manchester General hospital.

Cardiff and Vale NHS Trust has closed three wards to new admissions because of the norovirus. A spokeswoman said two wards at Llandough hospital and one at the University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, had been affected with 46 patients currently infected.

Both Musgrove Park hospital in Taunton, Somerset, and Delancey hospital in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, have been forced close wards after tests this morning confirmed norovirus outbreaks.

In Bristol, two wards have been shut at Southmead hospital, as well as one at the Bristol Royal infirmary.

The Queen Elizabeth hospital in King's Lynn, Norfolk, said more than 100 patients and more than 150 staff had been infected in the past two months.

Wards have also been closed in Eastbourne, Ashford in Kent, York, Exeter, Portsmouth, Southampton, Aberystwyth and Edinburgh.

The Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust said two wards were currently closed to new admissions.

A spokesman said the wards at West Cornwall hospital in Penzance had been shut for three days but anticipated they would be reopened "soon".

Addenbrooke's hospital in Cambridge said three wards had been closed to new admissions because of a norovirus outbreak.

The Royal College of GPs yesterday advised anyone affected by the bug to remain at home until 48 hours after they last suffered symptoms in a bid to halt the outbreak.

There is no specific treatment for the virus apart from letting the illness run its course. Symptoms usually begin 12 to 48 hours after becoming infected and last for 12 to 60 hours. Most people make a full recovery within one or two days.

The bug can be spread by contact with an infected person, though contaminated food or water, or by contact with contaminated surfaces or objects. Outbreaks are common in hospitals, care homes, schools and nurseries, as well as on cruise ships.

I'm sick as fuck right now. Third day off from work in a row. My manager keeps calling me, but I don't answer. I make sure to leave my message on his machine in the morning.

Dude leaves a message on my cell asking me to call at my earliest convenience. What part of "SICK" doesn't he understand? Fucking BLOOD SUCKER!