12oz Is Dying (Open It Back Up To The Public)

Seffiks

Will 12oz live  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In the interest of honesty and fairness, this was My idea with someone ghostwriting, ( if that person wishes to unveil him/herself go right ahead)

I hope others will agree with this logic

Frankly, we're getting bored with 12 oz. When we first came here, it felt like it was a community, and now it seems more like a country club. If you aren't a member, you get treated like rabble and made fun of. if you are a member, you get judged by your status in the community based on an arbitrary system that doesn't really mean a hell of a lot now that there's a way to cheat at it. It used to be that people were respected mostly for what they said and how they said it, but now it's all about how many props you have and how hard you can clown on people.

Well, that's not right, and it's pissing some of us off.

Compounding this is the fact that this is an invite only forum. The reason that was instituted was for YOUR protection. It was meant to keep the cops from trying to trick people into trusting them and getting information from the users. However, we're beginning to see it as the thing that maybe killing what made 12 oz. great.

For example, between us, we have thirty invites. We don't know what to do with them, because if we were to invite our friends here, what would we say? "Hey, there's this really cool graffiti forum, come on by and get abused?" We don't think we would want any of our friends to have to endure some of the stuff that goes on in the name of hazing in here.

A little bit of hazing is no big deal. It's part of the culture here, and it's a good way to show people the ropes. Giving new people tons of negative props and 250 posts of "YOU SUCK" is not our idea of rolling out the welcome mat. The only thing this promotes is more of the same...and it sets a bad example, because those who DO make the cut consider this to be acceptable behavior and will probably try to outdo everyone at...being mean to the noobs. Wow, what an accomplishment!

Also, there's a few moderators that seem to not understand the concept of MODERATION. You guys have a lot of power around here, but it seems like you don't do anything when someone is getting singled out for a e-beatdown upon their arrival. If anything, you'll just stay out of it until you get sick of the shenanigans, and then close the thread. That, to us, is not a constructive use of the authority that you have been given. If you want to be shown the respect you feel you deserve as a mod, then behave respectfully and fairly towards the people that make this place what it is. You always say that if we don't like it, we can leave...but, that's counterproductive and counterintuitive. Simply put- WITHOUT US AS A WHOLE, YOU HAVE NO FORUM. And, before you get it all twisted, this is the most constructive criticism we could come up with, under the circumstances.

So, that's what it comes down to. We think that as things stand, 12 oz. is slowly becoming stale, and we need some new blood around here. If it remains on an invite-only basis, then we owe it to the people who are invited to be more welcoming and friendly. We want to see this become a community to be proud of, and not one that we hesitate to share with our friends.

Thanks.

So in short we need 12oz back open to the public to create some excitement around here. We need to do some major recruiting so hit up other message boards and friends to come join.....

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest shai_hulud

I wrote that. And, I meant every word of it.

In case I get banned, it's been nice talking to you all. Take care of the place, I may be back.

Think about it like this. If you came to a party at my house, and before I even said "Hi, nice to see you, cocaine and hookers to the left," I throw a drink in your face and make fun of your shirt.

What would you do? I'd tip my ass straight for the fucking door, personally.

Think about it.

i agree to an extent

i agree that invites are kind of useless

i have a bunch but i dont know anyone whod bother using 12oz. but maybe some people out there want to use it but dont know anyone whos on it with invites

opening it to the public is what i do agree with

also with it becoming stale

however, i think this year has started off being super lame.

i think a lot of the hazing shit as u put it has been warranted. i mean, the threads it happened in were ridiculous. anyone with half a brain would've avoided making some of them, and they were out right stupid. what bugs me most about things like this is the stupid threads bump down all the GOOD shit, and then i forget about the good ones.

sure some of these hazing type things get out of hand, but i think it only reflects our frustration with the idiocy some people put on here.

plus its fun

sure we could use some new blood, but noobs wil be noobs and stupid threads will always come about. i dont know how this could be solved, but i think we could try being less abrasive to new members

also female members being clowned hard is kind of lame in my opinion. i personally think it would be sweet to see more girls on this thing and contributing.

Guest shai_hulud

And don't just say, "FAIL", because you don't like to hear the truth. In six months, this place is gonna be a cross between a retirement home and a ghost town unless things change.

Seriously. I care about 12 oz. Don't you?

Also, I don't think people really give a shit about the props thing.

It's fun sure, but I don't think it really detracts from anything. (Aside from people begging for e-props).

And if you do really care about that shit, haha...

Like I said without any new members the form is kinda inbred.

The mod issue is funny.

In all seriousness there's essentially no moderation on this board.

That's a good thing imo (to a point).

Most other forums have straight up nerds moderating that flex their "power" at every opportunity.

I'm glad that you can get away with most anything here.

I think mods only need to intervene when there is a member that tries to fuck with the board (IE consistently makes new names and pointless threads simply for a rise).

The most dramatic change to the forums has been the invite only policy.

And we got stuck with a lot of whack people that focus on e-props and not much else.

yeah true that as well

i dont mind eprops

i give them to people who stand out or do something thats sweet. its like a PM saying 'hey thanks'.

im not sure opening it to the public will solve a lot of the problems

im almost curious to know whats up in the VIP and why that is so much better, since THAT area seems WAY more exlusive than whats going on here and yet people give nothing but praise about it.

mods seem to be non existant. it feels a lot like the wild west up in here

not sure how i feel about this, i see your points.

i guess i've been a little bored with 12oz lately, but mainly just channel zero, thank god for all the other sections. or maybe its i have been busy doing stuff and not been online. who knows.

either way, i wouldn't mind some more people probably.

i don't know what i'm trying to say, i just woke up, and this is the internet.

Guest shai_hulud

I know a couple of the mods are going to either ignore this, or take it personally.

What I want to tell them is that it's not meant to be an attack, but me saying, "Hey, I give a shit, and if you allow this to keep happening you're gonna end up with a forum no one wants to be a part of."

If this was 4chan, then sure. No mods, no rules...that's the way things are done over there. It's also a flamefest and it gets old after about fifteen minutes.

However, 12 oz. HAS rules, 12 oz. IS a community, and sadly 12 oz. seems to be losing its way.

Don't think for a second that some of us haven't noticed that.

It's been said before, but I'll say it again.... this ship has been going downhill for some time now.

The props thing is mega-gay.

The invite only thing is pretty gay, but whatever.... if having an air of exclusivity by having invites and people paying money just to be able to have their name show up in green makes you feel better about your imaginary internet friends/life/experience.... then have fun with that.

Basically, this place is getting "stale" because most of the people on here are boring beyond belief.

Or, maybe this crap just seemed like more fun 7 years ago when I started posting on here, and was 18 or so at the time.

Now it's mostly just a place that I kill time at work by looking at flicks, and the occasional interesting tidbit that gets posted in here, though that's becoming a rare thing.

Whatever. Too many of you people take this shit way too seriously because you're lames in real life.

It's been said before, but I'll say it again.... this ship has been going downhill for some time now.

The props thing is mega-gay.

The invite only thing is pretty gay, but whatever.... if having an air of exclusivity by having invites and people paying money just to be able to have their name show up in green makes you feel better about your imaginary internet friends/life/experience.... then have fun with that.

Basically, this place is getting "stale" because most of the people on here are boring beyond belief.

Or, maybe this crap just seemed like more fun 7 years ago when I started posting on here, and was 18 or so at the time.

Now it's mostly just a place that I kill time at work by looking at flicks, and the occasional interesting tidbit that gets posted in here, though that's becoming a rare thing.

Whatever. Too many of you people take this shit way too seriously because you're lames in real life.

If you actually think people take the props thing serious you might be gay. If you cant have some fun on the board with the props then your trying to hard.

The green name is to support the site, and VIP actually has worthwhile content worth the small donation.

Being public thats debateable. But im cool with it the way it is, maybe people should ask Raven whats the traffic been like before and after going public if it has even made a difference.

So let the debate go on.

You think one day Raven just say hey let me make my life harder and write some programs and redo the site do to what CH 0 was asking for. Its pretty obvious that there were major reasons other than CH0 having a good or bad time. I know we like to think it, but the world does not revolve around ch0.

Im sure there were major reasons why he made the difficult decision to make it private and adopt the invite system. Accountability? Invites account who invited perceived 5.0. Many reasons. But think about it this thread wont make a change, as there are to many reasons other than us for the format. But everyone is making good points.

Keep it rolling

I've been here since 03, the only thing imo that's really changed is the people that post. I used to like some of the old heads that post in here opinions. Especially in Crossfire. Channelzero was always a clowning place to me so it doesn't matter.

I do wish some of the kids that posted flix were dealt with because they're just making certain cities/threads look horrible.

Btw for those who notice the join date, I had 2 other user names as well. ;/