Tips For Developing Beyond Simples?

• 1 year later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

dont forget get drawing is just part of your style, you may want to get all complex quick, but there is a big difference between the boldness of your bic and real can control. you may be able to draw some hot shit, but you try to take it to the street and you get all confused why your piece looks like ass, why your proportions are all whack, why your outline is dripping into your fill, why your lines are too fat or too skinny, whatever, even when you are going off a sketch in your hand. it takes a long time to develop some style, gain some hands, and own some control around your cans, knowing your paints, their pressure, how they react on different surfaces and weather. its true you got to bite some shit in your sketch book and make your variations, but you also have to go out there and do gaffiti. decent supplies also help your style along. progression of style to me is just like graff ethics, tags on blank, hollows over tags, fills over hollows, pieces over fills, burners over pieces. you dont need fancy ass caps or paint, you just need ta buld ya skillz. you fell in love with something beautiful though, dont let nothing grind you down, or no one, do your thing and fuck beef.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Re: help

practice tbh. try practising tags and throwies for random names everyday.

Try writing your letters the opposite way. Such as if you start at the top of the S and follow it down...reverse it. My tags have my own flair to it now that I tried doing that. Practice it over and over....all over a sheet of paper. Then go to the next sheet til it's dope.

when your first starting to develop your letters just make some bends in your bars and try different extensions, dont go absolutely crazy just give it a little flare. oh and NO FUCKIN ARROWS! leave them out till u get better and learn how to rock one properly.

^ Good advice, well put. Nothing wrong with simples. Years from now if you do learn how to rock nice letters and find your own style.. simples always kill it.. especially on transit, tracksides or public spots. Be a good thread - The BEST simples....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

BETTER to have a simple neat crisp fill rocking than put some crazy looking thing up just to try and be all original and complex. I see guys all the time trying to skip steps in there progression and get all fly ,but you can tell they are not ready for that yet. I think it's better to have something neatly done , that can represent you and the spot better..71

tips for making cast shadows would be helpful.

I suppose i could use photoshop as a blueprint that would

require skills i don't have and loading software.

They look fresh. Everybody rocks drop shadows.

Rarely do you see a cast shadow. I want to do some

bad

most of my better ideas come from when im not trying to think of anything. im just sitting, half asleep, drawing and something ends up looking like a face or a letter or something that i develop. i can never come up with good ideas when i try

Ok, I personaly will nevr come back into the thread, after this. But here's my advice.

Put on some music. Sit down with you paper & pencil. Smoke some good herb and let happen what will happen. Try and not think to much about what your doing.

Personaly:

When I feel myself start to stress how to make something work. It dosnt. So just remember to tell your self when you feel stuck. I just bypass it, and move onto the next letter, portion or formed shape.

DO NOT BITE OTHER PEOPLES SHIT!