McDonalds Ingredients

Hayabusa

a spin off of the dollar menu thread

i went on their site to check out how many calories and shit is in their "food"

also, they have a feature that lets you look at the ingredients....

http://www.mcdonalds.ca/en/food/calculator.aspx

Big Mac® Sauce Vegetable oil (soybean and/or canola), relish (diced pickles, glucose-fructose, vinegar, potassium sorbate, xanthan gum, natural flavour (vegetable source)), mustard (water, vinegar, mustard seed, salt, sugar, colour (caramel), spices), water, frozen yolk, vinegar, onion powder, salt, spices, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate, garlic powder, hydrolyzed plant protein (corn, soy, wheat gluten), colour (paprika), calcium disodium EDTA.

Processed Cheese Slice Cheese (milk, modified milk ingredients, bacterial culture, salt, calcium chloride, microbial enzyme, lipase), modified milk ingredients, water, sodium citrate and/or sodium phosphate, salt, potassium sorbate, citric acid, colour, soy lecithin.

Big Mac® Bun Enriched wheat flour, water, sugar and/or glucose-fructose, yeast, vegetable oil (soybean and/or canola), salt, calcium sulphate, AND MAY CONTAIN ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING IN VARYING PROPORTIONS: diacetyl tartaric acid esters of mono and diglycerides, vegetable mono and diglycerides, calcium propionate, sodium stearoyl-2-lactylate, corn flour, calcium phosphate, soy flour, sunflower oil, wheat starch, ammonium phosphate, calcium peroxide, wheat gluten, ethanol, sorbitol, polysorbate 20, sodium propionate, enzymes, dextrin, corn starch, cellulose gum, ammonium sulfate, malt, calcium carbonate, sesame seeds

Pickle Slices Cucumbers, water, white vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, aluminum sulfate, spices, polysorbate 80, turmeric and sodium benzoate. May contain potassium sorbate.

Onions (dehyrdated) 100% onions.

Beef Patty 100% pure beef.

Lettuce Shredded Iceberg lettuce.

Grill Seasoning Salt, spice, sunflower oil.

Calories 540

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polysorbate_20#Industrial_and_domestic_applications

im sure there is a lot more to it than just this

i know its just the tip of the iceberg

but they be putting in allllll kinds of fucking chemicals in food, that have almost zero food uses according to wiki.

amazing

cottonseed oil is apperently really bad for u too, its what they use for their fries and is used for most chips as well

happy eating

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on my way home today I was going to go grab some groceries from Safeway and they were closed because of the holiday and was forced to eat McD's for dinner.

Now I feel like shit.

I heard something about how in the first Iraq war the American bodies decomposed a lot slower because of all the preservatives in the N. American diet vs the Iraqi diet, and after reading some of those ingredient lists, i believe it

Guest shai_hulud

Let's see...ammonium phosphate.

Ammonium phosphate

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ammonium phosphate - Molar Mass = 149.12g/mol. The normal ammonium phosphate, (NH4)3PO4, is obtained as a crystalline powder, on mixing concentrated solutions of ammonia and phosphoric acid, or on the addition of excess of ammonia to the acid phosphate (NH4)2HPO4. It is soluble in water, and the aqueous solution on boiling loses ammonia and the acid phosphate NH4H2PO4 is formed. Ammonium phosphate is used as an ingredient in some fertilizers as a high source of elemental nitrogen.

Diammonium hydrogen phosphate, or diammonium phosphate, (NH4)2HPO4, is formed by evaporating a solution of phosphoric acid with excess of ammonia. It crystallizes in large transparent prisms, which melt on heating and decompose, leaving a residue of metaphosphoric acid, (HPO3).

Ammonium dihydrogen phosphate, or monoammonium phosphate, NH4•H2PO4, is formed when a solution of phosphoric acid is added to ammonia until the solution is distinctly acid. It crystallizes in quadratic prisms. Monoammonium phosphate is often used in the blending of dry agricultural fertilizers. It supplies soil with the elements nitrogen and phosphorus in a form which is usable by plants. The compound is also a component of the ABC powder in some dry chemical fire extinguishers.

Fertilizer....NOM NOM NOM.

Then something else occurred to me...calcium carbonate is kind of wild, too.

Precautions

Calcium chloride is an irritant, particularly on moist skin. Wear gloves and goggles or a full face shield to protect hands and eyes; avoid inhalation.

Dry calcium chloride reacts exothermically when exposed to water. Burns can result in the mouth and esophagus if humans or other animals ingest dry calcium chloride pellets. Small children are more susceptible than adults (who generally have had experience trying to eat hot food, and can react accordingly) so calcium chloride pellets should be kept out of their reach.

This sounds like something I wouldn't want to eat.

What else? Oh, aluminum sulfate.

Aluminium sulfate, written as Al2(SO4)3 or Al2O12S3, is a widely used industrial chemical. It is sometimes incorrectly referred to as alum, as it is closely related to this group of compounds. It occurs naturally as the mineral alunogenite. It is frequently used as a flocculating agent in the purification of drinking water[1][2] and waste water treatment plants, and also in paper manufacturing.

Aluminium sulfate is rarely, if ever, encountered as the anhydrous salt. It forms a number of different hydrates, of which the hexadecahydrate Al2(SO4)3•16H2O and octadecahydrate Al2(SO4)3•18H2O are the most common.

It can also be very effective as a molluscicide, killing spanish slugs.

Recent research suggests aluminum sulfate may contribute to dementia and Alzheimer's disease.

I mean, if you're an adult, go nuts and eat this weirdness. By all means. But, every time I see people taking their kids into a fast food place, I want to scream, "CHILD ABUSE!!!"

dude exactly

i looked up a lot more

and most of the shit is used as pesticides, fertilizer, detergent or some other wild shit

i just didnt want to post it all, but it is seriously scary

and that was just a big mac

i cant even imagine what stuff is in their other foods

no thanks

Guest shai_hulud

The lame thing is, McDonalds doesn't even TASTE that good.

I haven't eaten a hamburger in almost thirteen years, but I do remember that I preferred Burger King over McDoodoo's any day (plus they were closer to my house).

Maybe the cocaine they put in the Whopper is less stepped on than that Big Mac shit. I don't know.

The funny thing is that there's a In-n-Out in my home town now since 2005, and I go there and buy a grilled cheese and fries whenever I'm across the bay.

What? It's In-n-Out, man. That is the Rolls-Royce of junk food.

Guest shai_hulud

Yeah, that's the truth. Ethanol is probably the LEAST of the nasty ingredients on the list.

I wonder if you could get drunk off of eating a grip of Big Macs. Or if plants would grow out of your butt. Or if you could soak up water like a sponge...or kill slugs, then forget about it.

Guest shai_hulud

Did you know that one of the main ingredients in fast food 0milkshakes is potato starch? That's what gives them an ice cream like texture.

I ate some fries from McDonald's about four months ago.

They were wack.

I haven't been back.

I would eat their salads when I had to catch a meal before getting on the Greyhound in Dallas.

I always felt jipped.

I eat in my kitchen.

It's pretty awesome.

Millet is my new favorite food.

If they start serving millet at McDonald's, maybe I will give them a second chance.

To disappoint me again.

Guest shai_hulud

Millet is pretty good. I'm partial to kasha, too. I've been on a basmati kick since I got a free five pound satchel of it....mmmm, basmati.

I have some good news, BF. The odds of McDonalds serving millet are about the same as you waking up tomorrow to a beautiful sunrise in the western sky.

Wait, wait wait....

...hold on now....

McDonald's is bad for you and full of disgusting shit?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

because its in their bread

in unknown amounts

people put alcohol in food all the time. If there was a dangerous amount of it in the bread, it would smell like alcohol and be highly flammable.

It just goes to show, more people need to be more aware of the food they are consuming.

Does anyone remember the big mac fanatic from "super size me"?

Guest shai_hulud

A big part of the reason I went back to being a vegetarian was because I realized how fucked up fast food was for me and for the planet, so I took some drastic steps.

I'm not going to tell anyone to give up meat, but once you start finding out what other people pass off as edible. you get shook. I'm still shook all these years later.

i made a thread about his a while back, talking about how chicken mcnuggets (mcnasty's)

are mostly corn.

the above that hayabusa posted makes me think that my idea about how we are slowly being poisoned is true.

mercury in vaccines, etc.....fuorides in our water.....aspartic acid in our foods/drinks....all bad (deadly) shit.