The Wire: Season 5

eye for an eye

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he was just trying to prove to himself that he still had the street in him. He left that high society party feeling all out of his element or like he was selling out I guess? He needed to feel like he still had the crown. Notice how he got all animal like and sniffing and licking his blood when that kid cut him. Shit was ill to me.

T;6182006']I dont know i wanted Marlow to go down his shit really didnt have an ending' date=' he sold the connect after all after it looked like he was gonna get back on the street. Good i guess but expectations were high.[/quote']

Yeah but from what we learned from avon and stringer, we pretty much already know the ending to marlo's story.Obviously he cant escape the game, and there is only 2 places he is gonna end up.

Incredible Finale!! The montage of Baltimore landscapes at the end was beautiful! McNulty's wake was perfect...what an end for our hero. Everything was full-circle!.. Kima even faced McNulty & Lester, Lester goes on with his life...

What the fuck, Dukwan?! Mr. Pryz had your back, and you fucked him?! The Junk Man is a dick! "Junk, man, Junk!"

2Blazed, can you elaborate on your point about Marlo? I'll rewatch the episode, but what's the B&B?

*one more thing... the little kid getting arrested at the end, was that Bug?

Nah that was Kenard, kid that dropped Omar

That was a fuckin amazing last episode. Some of the highlights for me were definately:

Marlo runnin up on those corner boys was golden...first time you actually see him pull some real gangsta shit, kinda showing how he got the crown in th first place.

Michael as the new Omar; "That's just a knee".

Wee Bay and Chris together in the yard, some true gangstas.

McNulty's wake...for the first time in the history of the show I actually like McNulty.

Sydnor as the new Lester/McNulty was hilarious haha

I wish Cheese wouldn't of got dropped, cuz as much of a snake as he could be he was also just ignorant and gangsta as fuck haha....if it did have to happen though, I'm glad it was Slim Charles that got the pleasure. I also can't believe Duke pulled that shit with Prezbo, but I mean everyone saw that coming...I also still say he's Bubbles kid

I wish they would of at least shown Avon, but fuck it I guess. So does everyone think Marlo is gunna get back in the game, or was that him just provin to himself he still had the heart?

I was hoping that Marlo didnt get sucked into the shit that Stringer did, I think by sneakin outta that meeting it showed that he wont be. I think that he just needed to prove to himself or others that he was a G when he fought those kids. He'll probably just live out life with his cash.

i think the last scene proves that Marlo will always have a foot in the game, at least. With his money, he can fund whatever operations he wants.

I wish Bunk & McNulty had a moment at the end for closure.

Are you guys SURE it was Kenard who blasted Omar? I just didn't think it looked like him...

wire.jpg(bottom right)

I wish they would of at least shown Avon, but fuck it I guess. So does everyone think Marlo is gunna get back in the game, or was that him just provin to himself he still had the heart?

Yeah man I couldn't understand how they didn't show Avon. I was hoping seeing him walking out of prison or something with a big smile on his face.

That shit really pissed me off too. How are you going to show him basically teaming up with Marlo then never show the guy again. I mean he's probably got something to say about it. They could at least have shown Chris walking up to Weebay and Avon in the yard.

Kenard was the kid last season who fucked over the stash for namond, right? That episode was amazing. I loved seeing Marlo fuck those dudes up, its only like the second time hes showed real emotion. That shit with cheese was pretty satisfying too.

my favorite marlo moment was maybe the first time he showed crazy emotion, episode eight:

"the fuck you know bout what i do and don't need on my mind mufucka? my name is my mufuckin name"

that's when i was like damn, thats how marlo got snoop and chris to work for him. dude is willing to overlook evertyhing at the present, and be ready to run back onto the streets just in order to make a point.

"they comin for the crown, huh" (one of the illest lines in episode 10)