The "Your Day in Pies" Photothread (non artistic)

Pistol

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Random question: do you guys who live in the colder parts of the americas have like Snow Safety school.

Like in Australia every younger kid in school has swim school once a year in which your class goes to the local pool and you learn water safety and practice swimming?

Do you guys have snow training where you learn about frozen pools etc? 

• Like 3

image.png.9a7c5f45a78b1fb256ec35489adfb760.png

Tongue Stuck On Pole GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

^ That's about the extent of training most Americans get. 

I don't think most Americans who get snow even consider that the snow they get in one part of the country might be different than another part of the country.  Like the Northeast gets a lot of snow that might be wet and freeze so people tend to put their wiper blades up on parked cars so the wipers don't freeze to the windshield.  In the frozen ass Midwest I did that during a big storm and people were like what are you doing & why?  

I imagine more remote parts of places like Maine, Alaska, maybe there's more awareness there.  People in some of those parts still leave things unlocked so that if a person were stranded in snow or had fallen through ice and got out, they can get inside somewhere warm to save themselves.

American schools don't teach kids to swim either, I figure they're lucky to have both an art and a gym class these days.

• Like 3
  • Truth 2
  • Props 2

got my homie out of the house today. He's temporarily in a wheel chair. Going on a year and a half now. One more surgery will get him out of that thing tho. 

We got a couple pints on the North side of town at this place. We sat outside and I noticed these chairs that I thought were an interesting design and color. Sort of a military issue look

stackable-Chairs-17.jpg

stackable-Chairs-28.jpg

stackable-Chairs-88.jpg

• Like 6

On 2/21/2022 at 8:49 PM, Ko SprueOne said:

got my homie out of the house today. He's temporarily in a wheel chair. Going on a year and a half now. One more surgery will get him out of that thing tho. 

We got a couple pints on the North side of town at this place. We sat outside and I noticed these chairs that I thought were an interesting design and color. Sort of a military issue look

I can imagine the staff looking at you like wtf is this guy doing a photoshoot of a chair for?!

• Truth 1